translation of Chinese wiring diagram
  • Register
  • Help
    Fellow Frogger!

Default translation of Chinese wiring diagram

Having now collected most of the parts I need, I'm about to start construction of a half-scale DS cabriolet (well I cant afford a real one). The engine & transmission has been sourced from China, and the only wiring diagram I have is in Chinese. Is there anyone out there who could help with translating this? It's not very complicated, really just a matter of there's the coil, that's the CD box, etc ... and those are the wire colours.
    Would appreciate any help.
    roger

Advertisement

Fellow Frogger!

Default translation

Kevin rudd.

That is funny.

Tadpole

Default Let's hope this has a "happy ending"....nt

Quote Originally Posted by lhs2.1 View Post
    Having now collected most of the parts I need, I'm about to start construction of a half-scale DS cabriolet (well I cant afford a real one). The engine & transmission has been sourced from China, and the only wiring diagram I have is in Chinese. Is there anyone out there who could help with translating this? It's not very complicated, really just a matter of there's the coil, that's the CD box, etc ... and those are the wire colours.
    roger
    The only thing I can suggest is the local Chinese restaurant or high school Chinese teacher. The problem is if the language is technical many can't translate. There are several dialects. Mandarin, Hokkien, Cantonese (the chefs), Thadu to name a few so that may be a barrier as well.

Although, the local Japanese sculpture teacher managed very well translating import documents and various labels on my imported Toyota.

But I did end get some help from an Australian student living in Japan via the internet on the very technical stuff.

Fellow Frogger! Bruce Llewellyn's Avatar

Default Translation vs interpretation

Quote Originally Posted by lhs2.1 View Post
    roger
    The colours should be easy to get done. Then it might be reverse engineering by an electrical engineer and multi-meters etc.

The basic design of the motor should be comparable with western electrical engineering as the Chinese tend to use recognizable reference material.

Best of luck, hope to see it zooming around!

Quote Originally Posted by ntr1972 View Post
    That is funny.
    I'm speechless!

You've got too much time on your hands Roger! Finish that 2cv!
    '04 Megane
    Gone but not forgotten
    '71 16 TS, '72 16 TL, '74 15TS,'82 20TS Series 2, '85 25 GTX. '49 L15,

Fellow Frogger!

Thanks to those who made constructive suggestions. I'll try the local Chinese restaurant - might at least get the colours sorted.
    David, the problem is that I get bored easily. Currently I'm working on my '58 ID19, '57 DS19, the hydraulic 2CV and now the cab project. When I get fed up with one I switch to another. C'est la vie.
    roger

If that fails send me a high res jpg and I can get it done easily here. Just for the record, dialects are irrelevant. There are only two written Chinese scripts and people pronounce them in their own way. Taiwan hangs on to a classical script and China itself uses a simplified modern version . The Japanese speak oddly enough, Japanese which is not a Chinese dialect and which once used Chinese characters but now has moved to include two other character sets, that are phonetic.
    Korea again speaks its own language and has moved to a unique and ingenious phonetic alphabet.
    Think Global - Ride on Spheres

Quote Originally Posted by gerry freed View Post
    .... The Japanese speak oddly enough, Japanese which is not a Chinese dialect....
    Thanks for Chinese language lesson, I shall pass it on to my Chinese wife . FYI some scripts are totally unintelligible outside the province.

Read my post again... I don't believe a JDM Toyota is made in China either.

If that fails send me a high res jpg and I can get it done easily here. Just for the record, dialects are irrelevant. There are only two written Chinese scripts and people pronounce them in their own way. Taiwan hangs on to a classical script and China itself uses a simplified modern version . The Japanese speak oddly enough, Japanese which is not a Chinese dialect and which once used Chinese characters but now has moved to include two other character sets, that are phonetic.
    Korea again speaks its own language and has moved to a unique and ingenious phonetic alphabet.
    To confuse things even more, most of the Korean language can be written in Chinese characters. South Korea still occasionally uses Chinese characters in advertisement, newspapers, etc. Chinese characters are hardly ever used in North Korea.

Quote Originally Posted by robmac View Post
    Thanks for Chinese language lesson, I shall pass it on to my Chinese wife . FYI some scripts are totally unintelligible outside the province.

Read my post again... I don't believe a JDM Toyota is made in China either.
    Volunteer her for the translation.

Volunteer her for the translation.
    Ethnic Chinese, Gerry, not born in China, moved to OZ when 17 Y.O. Fully up to speed with Australian customs and culture but never let's of go of her own culture.

Quote Originally Posted by scarfjoin View Post
    Kevin rudd.
    Well!... He's not doing much else at the moment.

Decca
    Present --2016 2008Outdoor / 2014 RAV4 Diesel (My utilitarian beast, now with A/T tyres...)

Past -- 19?? 403 / 1974 504GL / 1972 R12TL / 1995 405SRi / 1997 406ST / 1998 306XT / 2004 406HD1 / 2008 308XSE HDi / 2008 307XSE

Quote Originally Posted by robmac View Post
    Ethnic Chinese, Gerry, not born in China, moved to OZ when 17 Y.O. Fully up to speed with Australian customs and culture but never let's of go of her own culture.
    Following a discussion yesterday, I am just getting a register together of CitroÍn enthusiasts who speak Chinese, preferably Mandarin + a regional dialect and who could help in hosting travel overseas with a CitroÍn flavour. Could she help?

Following a discussion yesterday, I am just getting a register together of CitroÍn enthusiasts who speak Chinese, preferably Mandarin + a regional dialect and who could help in hosting travel overseas with a CitroÍn flavour. Could she help?
    Not at all unfortunately. Although ordering in local Chinese restaurant is no problems.

She hasn't used the language "natively" for 45years odd.
    Plus technical forms are well beyond her.

Thread Information