Citroen C4 Picasso Service (Melbourne)
  • Register
  • Help
    Tadpole

Default Citroen C4 Picasso Service (Melbourne)

G'day Fellows,

I am the newest member to join the quirky yet fascinating world of french cars. I recently bought a used Citroen C4 Picasso 2.0 HDI 6 Sp Automatic with 110,000 Kms on it (Built 09/2007, Complied 01/2008) from a dealer in QLD but I am based in Melbourne.

I need to do Timing Belt service on it and need to ask all Citroen users out there to suggest who all are the best people work on my car except for the Citroen dealers or people alike who just rip you to shreds with their astronomical prices.

I also need to ask about a fault code "GEARBOX FAULTY" that's coming on dashboard ONLY when I am starting car cold in the morning OR after the car is parking for 3-4 hours. It comes when I put it in drive mode, stays there for about 4-5 secs and disappear. I need to get to the bottom of this and want to see if someone knows anything abt this? Also should I be replacing the auto transmission fluid in my car considering Citroen says this car has a 'sealed transmission' meaning it doesn't need auto transmission service?

I will highly appreciate any thoughts please. Thank you very much.

Regards,
    AB

Advertisement

Fellow Frogger

Can't suggest anything re service.

Did you get any kind of warranty you can fall back on from the Qld dealer? If so, contact the dealer in Qld re the gearbox fault and see what they say. It would be best to get them to approve taking it to a local dealer for diagnosis of the gearbox fault. It could be as simple as a bad brake switch, but maybe not. If there is a fault with some electronic component, the gearbox selection device or the gearbox itself, you want someone else to pay if possible, which often means playing by their rules.

At 110K, I think I'd change the gearbox oil if it's never been done, but you will only change part of it each time. The cost of the oil from Citroen is expensive, but I think I saw something about this in the Pug forum last week about a 308 with the same drivetrain, so look there.

Edit: Check with a local Citroen dealer that your Picasso has had all the recalls performed.
    Last edited by David S; 2nd July 2012 at 11:21 PM.

IWS

Ive just replied to another thread suggesting the mechanic that I use - Cars of France/Darebin Tyre & Service in Grange Rd Darebin. They are old fashioned mechanics and Iíve found them to honest and good problem solvers. Their chief mechanic Ė Nick Ė is a Citroen expert.

On the "sealed for life" issue - there have been several recent threads her on that topic (including one that I began with a query about if/when to change the fluid in a supposedly sealed transmission. Worth your while looking at those discussions - but major conclusion was yes, do cahnge the fluid and ignore the "sealed for life" claims.

Ian.

You really need to get the car hooked up to the Citroen diagnostics tool. Unless you know someone in Melbourne who has their own Lexia system, you'll need to take the car to a dealer and get them to read off the faults. A standard ODBII reader can read the faults but the Citroen diagnostics tool will provide a more thorough and accurate diagnosis of the actual cause/issue.
    2005 Jaune Scott VTS 180 (built 28/1/05), K&N Typhoon Induction Kit, Bilstein B14 PSS Coilovers | Build Thread

C4Owners.org Premier Club Member#19249
    Citroen Car Club of NSW Inc Member - 2013/14 Committee Member and Editor of "The Chevrons"
    Australian Racing Drivers' Club Member
    facebook.com/cccnsw

IWS

Quote Originally Posted by CamM View Post
    You really need to get the car hooked up to the Citroen diagnostics tool. Unless you know someone in Melbourne who has their own Lexia system, you'll need to take the car to a dealer and get them to read off the faults. A standard ODBII reader can read the faults but the Citroen diagnostics tool will provide a more thorough and accurate diagnosis of the actual cause/issue.
    My understanding is that mechanics other than dealers have these diagnostic tools. Is that so - or do I misunderstand? The mechanic that I mentioned, I understand, has such a tool as they did various diagnostic tasks which required plugging in to a diagnostic machine. (I'm not trying promoting that workshop - just meaning as an example, of where this kind of work may be done other than at/by a dealer).

Ian.

I'm no expert on the diagnostics systems available to independent mechanics, so I can't definitively answer your question. I'm sure their systems can read off the error codes without issue, but how accurately they will interpret them is what I'm not sure of. There are many examples over on C4Owners.org where people have had not been able to get error codes/messages properly interpreted until they had the car hooked up to a Lexia diagnostics tool.

Not saying you shouldn't take your car to an independent Just suggesting you should be aware of the potential challenges surrounding error codes.

You may find this link of use -: C4 Error Code Search
    2005 Jaune Scott VTS 180 (built 28/1/05), K&N Typhoon Induction Kit, Bilstein B14 PSS Coilovers | Build Thread

C4Owners.org Premier Club Member#19249
    Citroen Car Club of NSW Inc Member - 2013/14 Committee Member and Editor of "The Chevrons"
    Australian Racing Drivers' Club Member
    facebook.com/cccnsw

Euro regulations mean the full diagnostic suite is available - whether any particular garage has it is another question.

Fruit images shown are illustrative of flavour only and are not ingredients of the product.

Tadpole

Sincere thanks to everyone who replied so far, more responses and feedback will be very welcome. 200 odd fellow froggers have read but half a dozen replies. Please friends help.....cheers

Quote Originally Posted by ab_baby View Post
    Sincere thanks to everyone who replied so far, more responses and feedback will be very welcome. 200 odd fellow froggers have read but half a dozen replies. Please friends help.....cheers
    It doesn't really make sense to reply if you don't have anything of value to add, otherwise you'd have 194 pointless replies like mine....

Cheers

Justin
    '07 C3 Exclusive
    '10 308 Sportium Touring
    '12 Megane RS265 8:08

Thread Information