ICCCR Rally in Yorkshire
  • Register
  • Help

Default ICCCR Rally in Yorkshire

Hi

Any DS owners attending this rally who would like to drive my 1970 DS from Hertfordshire to Yorkshire and back?
    My wife can't go now and I need to drive my campervan myself and get someone to drive the DS!
    I intend to go up on Monday Aug 6th (to help with setting up) and return Sunday Aug 12th.
    I'd need to use the DS at the rally but very willing to chauffeur you to places nearby.

Reason for asking an Aussie: We regularly visit NSW (Narooma) and have the possibility of moving out there so would like to make contact with DS-ophiles in NSW as I may eventually ship the DS out there if things go to plan.

Advertisement

UFO

Gary,

I will talk to Mrs UFO (Debra) later tonight when she gets home and see what we may be able to do. We are travelling through Hertfordshire (hurricanes pending "bdoom tish" bet you've never heard THAT before) on our way north to 'arrogate. In fact we are going to Bletchley Park on the trip too.

Little UFO was living and working in Aylesbury as 2IC of the Blacks Outdoor store for a while and we have vowed to go through and see where he used to live.

We also live on the NSW south coast and are heavily involved in the South Coast Branch of CCC of NSW. We live further north than you though.

Do you realise one of the old semi retired doctors in Narooma is an avowed Citroen and other old car nut? I think at present in his fleet he has

5CV (may have been sold recently?)
    TA Light 15
    D Special
    D Safari (not run for a loooong time)
    XM
    CX2500ie
    C5
    C3
    and various English cars under the influence of LPOD at various times

We have our accom booked in Harrogate from 8 Aug. Do you realise from Mick and Co that secure onsite parking for classics is available at the site?

By the way as you can see from my sig file I'm a D owner and have driven all types - engines, 'boxes etc
    Last edited by UFO; 27th June 2012 at 10:43 PM.
    Craig K
    2009 C5 HDi Exclusive

Default Hi

Hi Craig
    I've got a guy from CCC in the UK phoning me tonight but I'll get back to you if that falls through if I may. Even though you'd be going up to Harrogate a bit later than me (I'm going on the Monday to help out), you and your missus could stay at our place (Berkhamsted) and drive up later with my DS.
    I heard from a mate that there was a citroen fan in Narooma but I've never met him. My wife's uncle owns Tilba Valley Winery - so we go out to visit him whenever we can and know the road from Sydney to Tilba very well! My wife's a radiographer and has been offered a job in NSW but we're waiting to hear about whether they'll let us in or not!
    Even if we don't hook up before, please make contact at the show and we can enjoy a few beers! I'll hopefully be staying in the central camping area in my Hymer motorhome reg: J85 GEX and the DS21 is a RHD in Bleu Danube with blue and white leather interior, reg: FMF106J. It's the only one of it's colour and spec in the UK.

Cheers for now

Gary

UFO

Deb said "that sounds interesting" We will ruminate. Cheers.

No doubt your wife's uncle would know the doctor as he lives not too far from the winery.
    Craig K
    2009 C5 HDi Exclusive

UFO, I can thoroughly recommend that you don't visit Aylesbury...nothing of note there, probably the most dull town in the British Isles, there isn't even a decent pub!

Right, I'm off course and topic, but let me get this correct - a relative of a D owner has Tilba Valley Winery?

Why oh why does that sound like it would be a FANTASTIC destination for a car club run? Cheese factory, winery, a nights accommodation somewhere in Tilba, breakfast with a wood fire somewhere else and a lovely drive home.....

I hope the committee see this.....

UFO

Rohnic has self volunteered this morning to organise an event. Better make it late October at the earliest
    Craig K
    2009 C5 HDi Exclusive

I as thinking late July so it could qualify as a 'Christmas in July' car run...

UFO

Quote Originally Posted by Ronhic View Post
    I as thinking late July so it could qualify as a 'Christmas in July' car run...
    Next year? If for this year you're too late to arrange something for CCCNSW - in my humble opinion.

Let's talk via phone. I have some other info outside this discussion that you need to know.
    Craig K
    2009 C5 HDi Exclusive

Default Tilba

The owner of the Tilba Winery is my wife's uncle! His name is Peter Herrmann and you can 'google' the winery to get contact info and details about the winery.
    It would be a superb venue for a club rally weekend. It's THE most beautiful setting with stunning views down to Lake Corunna and over towards Mt Dromedary. The food and wine is superb and good value and it's very popular with locals. You could even co-incide a trip to tie in with one of his 'live music sundays'. We saw Mic Conway when we were over last Xmas. Although he doesn't have accommodation at the winery he will let you camp down by the lake for a small fee and there are great places to stay featured on the Tilba website. Central Tilba is a fantastic heritage village and there are lots of great beaches nearby if you fancy a beach to yourself!
    If you do organise something there make sure you post some pics.

P.S. I'm not on comission

Default Narooma Doc

Yeah
    Uncle Pete knows Doc Doust quite well. He lives a stonesthrow away on Old Pacific Highway. A car event was held at his place last Mothers' Day as the winery was fully booked up for meals that day.
    Spoke to Peter today and he'd be glad to cater for a CCCNSW event if given enough notice.
    1970 DS21 Pallas semi-auto RHD in Bleu Danube A630

Default Sorted!

Thanks for the interest guys!

I've managed to find a bloke to drive my DS to ICCCR. He's a CCCUK man who lives 20 miles from me so I won't need to make any complicated arrangements re meeting-up or insurance etc!

As stated before, I'd love to hook up with any DS guys from Oz whilst at the ICCCR so keep an eye out for my 1970 DS21 Bleu Danube FMF106J and our Hymer Campervan J85 GEX and we'll have a beer or two
    1970 DS21 Pallas semi-auto RHD in Bleu Danube A630

UFO

Gary,

Good to know you have a local to drive the car. It does make it easier all round.

I plan on one day at least to have my Aussiefrogs shirt on that has a custom printed (thanks GB) outline of Aus with UFO in the centre of it on the back.

(hmmm, must talk to GB about AF stickers for ICCCR....)
    Craig K
    2009 C5 HDi Exclusive

I've left my aussiefrogs shirt at home, but I do have my beige Citroen Car Club of Queensland polo shirt with me.
    Bruce in sunny for the moment Dublin
    Bruce H

Now 99 Xantia SX x2; 96 Xantia SX; 76 GS Club Estate x2; 76 GS Club; 74 GS Club; 88 VW T3 Reimo
    Before: AX Gti; BX 19TRi Estate; CX 2200 Super & Pallas; CX2400 Pallas; CX 2400ie Prestige auto; DS3 DStyle; GS Pallas; GSA Club; Xantia Image Estate; Xantia Exclusive; Xsara VTR R4; 1.4 Special Estate; Virage; R16TS

Contact for the Australian Citroen GS GSA and Birotor Register http://australiancitroengsgsaandbiro...com/index.html

Thread Information