Der Frazose
  • Register
  • Help

Thread: Der Frazose

Default Der Frazose

Just looking for some perspective - are they quick and efficient to deal with...? Parts quality OK...?

Looking at getting some stuff from them. Feel free to PM me if you don't want to share your experience online.

Many Thanks in advance,

Advertisement

Mark....

Icon3

Quote Originally Posted by ds21bvh View Post
    Just looking for some perspective - are they quick and efficient to deal with...? Parts quality OK...?

Looking at getting some stuff from them. Feel free to PM me if you don't want to share your experience online.

Many Thanks in advance,

Mark....
    I've tried to have an experience with them Mark, but they have never replied to my emails, my business went over to Citroworld very prompt and freight out of the Netherlands seems much cheaper, Geert has no trouble dropping the VAT for deliveries to Aus...

Cheers
    Chris
    74 D(very Special) >>Rejuvenation Thread<<
    08 C5 X7 HDi very Noir

"Déesse" Roland Barthes, 'Mythologies', 1957

The Déesse has all the characteristics of one of those objects fallen from another universe that fed the mania for novelty in the eighteenth century and a similar mania expressed by modern science fiction: the Déesse is first and foremost the new Nautilus.

(Umberto Eco [Ed], The History of Beauty, Rizzoli, NY, 2004)

Same here, I couldn't get any reply either..

Fellow Frogger!

Quote Originally Posted by ds21bvh View Post

Many Thanks in advance,

Mark....
    I placed an order on them some time ago - they accepted the order, and my payment, then informed me that they didn't have the major part and didn't know when it would be in stock!
    I didn't have any real drama in getting a refund tho, but what a way to run a business.
    roger

My personal experience is similar to roger in the reply above.

Your choice.

Tadpole

Default De Franzoes

Hi Mark,
    I have purchased many items from them. The quality is generally ok, and they do rate the quality of the various parts on thier site. Delivery is reasonably quick But if you are ordering larger parts, best to email them first as sometimes they say items are too large, then you sit with refund issues.
    Cheers Richard.

Thank God for my Hydroen harrisson_citroen's Avatar

I've always had positive experiences with Der Franzose. The stuff you get is good quality. The one problem is postage which is thru DHL. Now, I've always believed here DHL to be a courier service and pretty good at that, but no, believe it or not DHL is the german post office service, (check it out) and not as efficient as the germans will have you believe! For a large item, expect to wait 7 or 8 weeks and when you ring DHL in Germany wondering where your parcel is , no one can seem to help you....
    DS Un jour, DS toujours !

Fellow Frogger!

Got my AL4 transmission parts [which no one here was interested in selling to me anyway] from China. In genuine PSA packaging and made in Germany. 3 days delivered at my door. That's about the time it takes to send a letter to the other side of Brisbane here. New genuine Bosch brake parts from Scotland UK, 9 days and under one quarter the price of same item in Aus.. New Bosch electrical item from Germany with same part No as item here, 5days at the door and one quarter the price. I prefer to shop overseas if possible, the wait is worth it. Why get ripped off here for parts they'll probably have to get in anyway?.

Fellow Frogger! CorneSoutAfrica's Avatar

So far I''ve been luck with all the overseas suppliers, reply relatively quickly and the help you get is good. Had a problem with a package a while ago but I must admit DHL and Dutch post helped me quickly when I gave the tracking numbers to them.

So far so good, fingers crossed.

Cheers
    Corne
    1968 ID21 break
    1971 DS21 IE BVH Rouge de grenade (Madamoiselle Rouge)
    1974 DS Pallas Sable metalisse My first restoration (Edith) Now BVH
    1973 DS pallas Metallic red. "Rusty"

1947 Traction Avant

Modern

2006 C4 VTS 180 Coupe

What would life be if we had no courage to attempt anything?
    - Vincent van Gogh

I have bought a lot of D stuff from them, quality is ok, aren't most of the parts from the same suppliers mostly anyway? I cannot believe there is a large flora of DS parts factories in the world. Only silly thing is they will not send small light items in the post, so that sort of demands a larger accumulated purchase to justify the shipping cost. Cheers
    -74 DS23 bvh, -78 CXgti, -85 CXgtiT1

1000+ Posts

Default Service !

Hi,
    I have used Der Franzose several times and found them to be OK. Traction parts. I ordered on the web and paid with Paypal. The tax was removed and a discount for Paypal too, done automatically as well as the freight. They sent a paper catalogue with the first order which is easier to look at.

The delivery has been OK, not astounding but about two weeks+ or so. No really big articles, the trim ring off the spare wheel cover was the largest parcel. Freight was reasonable too. I used both them and CTA depending on their stock availability. The parts look similar and probably come from the same suppliers !!

I would recommend both of them. Not only that you get a language course as well. Of course English is included.
    jaahn

I've had a very good experience with Der Franzose. I think it's fair to say that there are pluses and minuses with all overseas suppliers. Here's how I see it:

Pluses:
    1. Comprehensive website with each part having a quality rating (pretty accurate from what I have experienced)
    2. Competitive pricing compared to other online suppliers in the EU

Minuses:
    1. Not great on communication if you have a question. Took a couple of goes before I got an answer.
    2. DHL is hopeless. Slow and expensive. Not Der Franzose problem but symptomatic of the ordering.

Summary
    So, If your the type of person that wants a dialogue with your supplier, they don't fair well. On the upside they have good products and reasonable prices. But be prepared for a lengthy delivery time.

Hope this helps,
    Steve
    Cheers,
    Steve

Currently Own:
    74 DS23 IE Auto
    74 DS Safari
    2007 C6 2.7HDi
    2015 C4 Picasso

Quality is mostly ok, however I purchased wheel nuts because I thought this would be an easy fix for my rusty 2cv ones, however they we so ill shaped they would only ever be good enough as paper weights. They should never passed a quality inspection let alone sell then and post them os.

Adrian

Current;

Xantia V6 Exclusive Auto 2000

Past;

CX25 GTI Turbo series 1 1985
    DS23 IE Pallas 5sp 1974
    CX25ie Pallas Auto 1984 Parts
    2CV 1988
    CX25ie Pallas Auto 1984

Many thanks guys for your replies...

Interestingly I got a fast response to an email query I sent.... however if I buy anything I'll keep it small in the first instance and see how it goes...

BTW - has anyone purchased any of the repro Pallas trims (from any supplier) at the bottom of the doors..? Are they any good...? I need a set for the 69...

All the best,

Mark...

I've bought from them numerous times and have had no issues with them whatsoever. I've had no reason to email them. I just selected what I wanted, bought it, and got it it in the mail a couple of weeks later. Simple!

Their DS/ID catalogue in print form makes for great reading.
    1972 SM
    1989 BX 16 Valve

Der Franzose is like a sheltered workshop. The exception to the German efficiency rule! It's like a comedy of incompetence, not what I'm looking for in a parts supplier.
    Citroworld on the other hand are brilliant, and no trouble communicating, priced absolutely on the money and you can get just about everything there.

mb

Quote Originally Posted by donat View Post
    I've bought from them numerous times and have had no issues with them whatsoever. I've had no reason to email them. I just selected what I wanted, bought it, and got it it in the mail a couple of weeks later. Simple!

Their DS/ID catalogue in print form makes for great reading.
    This is my experience as well.
    found what i wanted, ordered on line and it all turned up a few weeks later, One shipment was a bit slower and I emailed them about and did get a reply shortly after.
    ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    1975 DS23 IE Pallas Auto
    1972 D Special 4Sp
    1/2 a DS23 Auto
    www.ds23.com.au
    Had a 1974 D Special 4Sp (by now reborn as a Toaster)

I've had no problem with them, had replies to my email when I wished to alter an order. Even received a happy birthday email from them a short while ago, very efficiently German as I don't remember supplying them with my DOB. I like their postage calculator as you can keep adding items until the rate flicks over, then remove an item and you know that you have the most rate.
    74/75 DS23 Pallas 5 Speed Carby

83 2CV Charleston

79 GSA
    03 Peugeot 406 Hdi
    01 Renault Scenic

Thread Information