Price of an ID motor
  • Register
  • Help

Default Price of an ID motor

Hi All
    Been offered an ID motor (1911cc) that is supposed to be in good condition, on that premise does anyone have any idea of what a fair price would be to pay for it?
    Cheers
    Wayne

Advertisement

Real cars have hydraulics DoubleChevron's Avatar

I would have thought very little .... unless it has had a recent rebuild with receipts to prove the work that was done on it

seeya
    Shane L.
    'Cit' homepage:
    Citroen Workshop
    Proper cars--
    '85 Series II CX2500 GTi Turbo I
    '63 ID19 http://www.aussiefrogs.com/forum/citro%EBn-forum/90325-best-project-car-you-have-ever-seen.html
    '72 DS21 ie 5spd pallas (last looked at ... about 15years ago)
    '78 GS1220 pallas
    '92 Range Rover Classic ... 5spd manual.

Yay ... No Slugomatics

Modern Junk:
    '07 Poogoe 407 HDi 6spd manual

Wayne,
    Buy the seller not the story. Particularly if you cannot inspect the motor first.

If the engine is on a stand, remove a main bearing cap and a connecting rod cap for inspection.
    Remove the rocker cover and inspect as best you can the rocker arm tips and if permitted remove one of the rocker arm assemblies. The condition of the bushings will allow you to judge if the oil flow was good and if the rocker bushings are worn out.

If you can't look at the motor initially, or be provided with details of the conditions described above, refer to my initial sentence.

Unfortunately, your question does not give detail sufficient to reliably advise further.
    Your personal experience is considerable.

Hope this helps.

Default ID Motor

Thanks Guys
    The motor is supposed to have come out of a car as a runner and belongs to a fellow Citroenista, in my view without seeing it is worth about 100 - 200 dollars. If the head is good that would be the main thing everything else is easily replaceable. At the end of the day we dont really need it as we have just rebuilt a new motor for our ID hense not paying alot for it, at the end of the day we dont want to sour friendships
    W

Real cars have hydraulics DoubleChevron's Avatar

I was thinking $300 for any motor that runs ok without visible signs of tiredness (eg: blue smoke under load or rattly bottom end). The top ends always seem to be tappy.

It's a shame you don't want CX engines, I could offer you a selection to choose from. The only way to kill them it seems is to cook the sh!t out of them.

seeya,
    Shane L.
    'Cit' homepage:
    Citroen Workshop
    Proper cars--
    '85 Series II CX2500 GTi Turbo I
    '63 ID19 http://www.aussiefrogs.com/forum/showthread.php?t=90325
    '72 DS21 ie 5spd pallas (last looked at ... about 15years ago)
    '78 GS1220 pallas
    '92 Range Rover Classic ... 5spd manual.

Yay ... No Slugomatics

Modern Junk:
    '07 Poogoe 407 HDi 6spd manual

Quote Originally Posted by DoubleChevron View Post

It's a shame you don't want CX engines, I could offer you a selection to choose from. The only way to kill them it seems is to cook the sh!t out of them.
    I know what you mean already have a couple of them, only real problem we had was a 2400 block developed an internal leak (cracked around the webbing for the liners)

A couple of hundred dollars sounds reasonable to me. I have paid more for a D engine (trusted seller); I have paid less (dubious provenance). Alternatively, you could avoid putting a monetary value on it and swap something for it.

Roger

are we talking 3 or 5 bearing? I may need a 3 bearing one when I finally get back into the one the child rebuilt Anyone that forgets to shim the timing gear could have forgotten one of the pistons !!!
    BX 16v 89, I Renault Floride 62, Volvo P1800 68, Aston Martin DB6 68, Daimler 250V8 68, Jaguar XJC 76, Falcon Ute XL 62, Falcon Ute XY 4WD, Jeep Grand Larado 03, Mazda 6 Wagon 05, inter 483 tractor 86, makita cordless drill CX TURBO its dented D Special 1 62 ID192000 Xantia V6 2000 Cadillac STS stolen by the princess,KANGA 720DL LOADER

Thread Information