D wiper arms - maybe?
  • Register
  • Help
    Fellow Frogger!

Default D wiper arms - maybe?

Now that I can post photos I have a query. I have a pair of wiper arms that I am sure must be for a D
    but they are not the same as for mine. they appear to be new old stock that I have had in a box for many years.
    Any help from the experts would be appreciated.
    cheers
    Helmut

Advertisement
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails D wiper arms - maybe?-p1010010.jpg   D wiper arms - maybe?-p1010011.jpg   D wiper arms - maybe?-p1010013.jpg   D wiper arms - maybe?-p1010014.jpg  

Hello Helmut,

Their heads look just like the ones on my 1959 Slough DS19. See the attachment. Slough wiper arms might be different from early French or Aussie ones. I no longer have an Aussie ID to check. Anyway, they are parallel, not opposing, so (as a pair at least) they are useless to both of us!

Roger
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails D wiper arms - maybe?-ds19-windscreen-wiper.jpg  

Fellow Frogger! Bruce Llewellyn's Avatar

Default Wiper arms.

The shape looks right for later type D (not early 'clap hands' wipers) but I'm not sure which models had that type of trunnion clamp.

Fellow Frogger!

Hi Roger and Bruce, I think the puzzle is solved - I found a third wiper arm - they are the clap hands wipers. They are different to my aussie ID's which are the standard ones with the hook at the end and the small screw in the side to fix them. These must be either early slough arms or earlier than l961.
    thanks for the help
    cheers
    Helmut
    ps they are NOS with a label on the one I found today with a part number DS 565 10

Hello Helmut,

Maybe we can come to some arrangement. I will PM you.

Regards,
    Roger

Thread Information