Xantia headliner
  • Register
  • Help
    Tadpole

Default Xantia headliner

are there any easy ways to reattach a droopy Xantia Headliner. The car goes really well but the crouched driving position is getting annoying along with interesting hair arrangements. Thanks

Advertisement

1000+ Posts

Hi-I reckon that tent poles would work-what do you reckon?
    Some how some of the glue used by Peugeot was not as good as they have used previously.
    I might be able to help you out with a good one.

Pekay.

Budding Architect ???? pugrambo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ramana View Post
    are there any easy ways to reattach a droopy Xantia Headliner. The car goes really well but the crouched driving position is getting annoying along with interesting hair arrangements. Thanks
    pull the whole thing out

get some new material

clean the old hood up and glue the new material to it

or

take it out and take it to a motor trimmer and get them to re cover it and then put it back in

there is nothing you can do with what you have to stick it back up, not a damn thing
    3 x '78 604 SL

1 x '98 306 GTi6

1 x secret project

1 x '98 406 STDT troop carrier and i don't care if it stinks, i don't sniff it's arse Death by wank tank

1 x '99 406SV 5spd wagon, time to burn more fuel

1 x 1994 605 SV3.0

WTD long range fuel tank for 605

It can be done, by getting rid of the disintegrating foam layer between the cloth and the backing board, then regluing with spray contact and a set of hands to help you position the cloth straight. A slow messy job.
    If you decide to take the lot out, the backing board is held on to the roof by a zigzag of black gunk.
    Mine done at home is still up there three years later, so it can be done.
    Bruce H

Now 99 Xantia SX x2; 96 Xantia SX; 76 GS Club Estate x2; 76 GS Club; 74 GS Club; 88 VW T3 Reimo
    Before: AX Gti; BX 19TRi Estate; CX 2200 Super & Pallas; CX2400 Pallas; CX 2400ie Prestige auto; DS3 DStyle; GS Pallas; GSA Club; Xantia Image Estate; Xantia Exclusive; Xsara VTR R4; 1.4 Special Estate; Virage; R16TS

Contact for the Australian Citroen GS GSA and Birotor Register http://australiancitroengsgsaandbiro...com/index.html

Fellow Frogger!

If you take it out yourself it seems to cost only about $150 at a trimmer. I need to do mine, as it's been held up with drawing pins ATM. Headlinings and clear coats on cars of this age are all starting to fail, which is damn annoying!

Thread Information