Citroen Workshop in Perth
  • Register
  • Help
Results 1 to 12 of 12
  1. #1
    Fellow Frogger! renaultmark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Pelican Point WA
    Posts
    163

    Default Citroen Workshop in Perth

    Hi everyone
    Is there anyone on here that knows of a good Citroen
    Workshop ( here in Perth) at a reasonable rate, that is able to diagnose an oil leak coming from engine/ and also minor fluid leaks from power steering. My Citroen Xantia has just come over from Sydney but needs work before I can lic it for WA roads. It has been over the pits and the oil leaks are all that was wrong.

    The Xantia is a 8/96 model with 125k on the clock and is in very good condition for the age. I have all the service history from Sydney including Timing belt done at 67k. I think it is wise to have a new T/ belt done again since it is 8 yrs ago.

    Regards Mark O

    Advertisement

  2. #2
    1000+ Posts
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Linton.Victoria.
    Posts
    1,204

    Default

    Hi-Timing belt 80,00 k OR 4 YEARS-I would do it YESTERDAY!!!!!!!!-A mate of mine-Bruce Turner started the PCCVWA years ago -your motor is a Pug one & I am sure they will be able to recommend someone to do the belt at minimum.I am sure they will be able to direct you to a Cit mechanic also.

    Pekay

  3. #3
    1000+ Posts zykyra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Perth
    Posts
    1,199

    Default

    Hi there, try Bob Senn on 92930576 or Corrado on 93552712, both highly competent but Bob more a Cit specialist, he always seems to have a Xantia lying around. Tell Bob Justin sent you, he'll look after you. Cheers
    1972 DS Pallas
    2015 Clio
    2012 DS4
    Simca Arondes (travaux en cours)
    Lotus Elise Club Racer '12


    In WA? Join THE club ! www.frenchandfantastic.com.au

  4. #4
    Fellow Frogger! ARCHRIVAL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    NORTH PERTH W.A.
    Posts
    825

    Default Not only but also

    Mark dyson euro motive Osborne park contact details in the sticky above parts and service
    If it is not hydraulics then any competent workshop could do the job
    BX 16v 89, I Renault Floride 62, Volvo P1800 68, Aston Martin DB6 68, Daimler 250V8 68, Jaguar XJC 76, Falcon Ute XL 62, Falcon Ute XY 4WD, Jeep Grand Larado 03, Mazda 6 Wagon 05, inter 483 tractor 86, makita cordless drill CX TURBO its dented D Special 1 62 ID192000 Xantia V6 2000 Cadillac STS stolen by the princess,KANGA 720DL LOADER

  5. #5
    1000+ Posts arunine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Port Denison WA 6525
    Posts
    1,044

    Default

    There's Eurocare in Burswood.
    DS 21
    C4 HDI
    Piaggio Fly 125

  6. #6
    Too many posts! JohnW's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Location
    Perth, WA, Australia
    Posts
    10,705

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by renaultmark View Post
    Hi everyone
    Is there anyone on here that knows of a good Citroen
    Workshop ( here in Perth) at a reasonable rate, that is able to diagnose an oil leak coming from engine/ and also minor fluid leaks from power steering. My Citroen Xantia has just come over from Sydney but needs work before I can lic it for WA roads. It has been over the pits and the oil leaks are all that was wrong.

    The Xantia is a 8/96 model with 125k on the clock and is in very good condition for the age. I have all the service history from Sydney including Timing belt done at 67k. I think it is wise to have a new T/ belt done again since it is 8 yrs ago.

    Regards Mark O
    The others have given you the places to go for sure. But 8 years on a timing belt??????????????????? I'd be scared to even to turn the key and start it. Are you sure it is that long? This is a critical matter and you must get it done ASAP. I'd sweat just driving it anwhere just to be fixed.
    JohnW

    Renault 4CV 1951
    Renault R8 1965
    Renault Scenic 2005 (wife's)
    Renault Scenic 2007 (mine)
    Renault Scenic 2006 (daughter's)
    CitroŽn CX Pallas 1980

    National Co-ordinator, Renault 4CV Register of Australia

  7. #7
    Fellow Frogger! aquinian's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    WA
    Posts
    604

    Default

    There's a Swiss fellow called Adrian who is very honest, reasonably priced, and competent, who bought West Leederville Autos (Roslyn St) a few years ago. I've taken Pugs to him quite a few times and he has done an excellent job.
    Current: 406 Coupe, 504 Sedan

    Previous: 306XSi, 205GTi, 206Gti, 505 V6, 505 Wagon, 504 Sedan, 504 Wagon, 306Gti6, 306XT, 205Si, Citroen XM, Citroen Xantia

  8. #8
    Fellow Frogger! renaultmark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Pelican Point WA
    Posts
    163

    Default

    Thanks for alyour kind advice I have contacted Bob Senn who is up in Kalamunda.
    He has offered to have a look at the Xantis.

    I am aware of the Timing Belt being driven for many years ( far too many for my liking)

    So that wil be sorted, along with the leaking power steering rack and the Engine oil leak(possibly coming from timing cover).

    I will let you all know how it goes once it goes over the pits.

    Mark

  9. #9
    Too many posts! JohnW's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Location
    Perth, WA, Australia
    Posts
    10,705

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by renaultmark View Post
    Thanks for alyour kind advice I have contacted Bob Senn who is up in Kalamunda.
    He has offered to have a look at the Xantis.

    I am aware of the Timing Belt being driven for many years ( far too many for my liking)

    So that wil be sorted, along with the leaking power steering rack and the Engine oil leak(possibly coming from timing cover).

    I will let you all know how it goes once it goes over the pits.

    Mark
    Bob's a lovely guy and totally honest.

    Now, these engines do develop timing cover gasket leaks after 10-15 years, so nothing unusual there.

    V6 Xantias crack the power steering rigid feed pipe and the 4 cylinder ones are pretty good in that department.

    Don't drive this car further than you must!!!! I'd hesitate to even start it, as I mentioned........

    Cheers
    JohnW

    Renault 4CV 1951
    Renault R8 1965
    Renault Scenic 2005 (wife's)
    Renault Scenic 2007 (mine)
    Renault Scenic 2006 (daughter's)
    CitroŽn CX Pallas 1980

    National Co-ordinator, Renault 4CV Register of Australia

  10. #10
    Fellow Frogger! renaultmark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Pelican Point WA
    Posts
    163

    Default Xantia Fixed

    Hi
    Just letting everyone who put me on to Bob Senn a big thank you.

    The car is now completed and ready for the BIG roadworthy inspection.

    Oil leaks were done, power steering rack completely over hauled.

    Timing belt , tensioner and water pump replaced.

    Engine oil leak was diagnosed as tappet cover gasket...done.

    How nice it is to have this car running how it should.

    Cheers Mark

  11. #11
    Fellow Frogger! renaultmark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Pelican Point WA
    Posts
    163

    Default

    This is my Citroen Pride and Joy , after I had the hood lining replaced and a lot of attention to detail on the paint work to bring iot up to shiny white again with a spit and polish.

    Still has NSW plates but might go all out and have Personalized
    ones put on........ any ideas?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Citroen Workshop in Perth-041.jpg  

  12. #12
    Too many posts! JohnW's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Location
    Perth, WA, Australia
    Posts
    10,705

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by renaultmark View Post
    Hi
    Just letting everyone who put me on to Bob Senn a big thank you.

    The car is now completed and ready for the BIG roadworthy inspection.

    Oil leaks were done, power steering rack completely over hauled.

    Timing belt , tensioner and water pump replaced.

    Engine oil leak was diagnosed as tappet cover gasket...done.

    How nice it is to have this car running how it should.

    Cheers Mark
    Good outcome as expected Mark. I met you at Bob's place when you delivered the car and I saw it half done.

    Enjoy it.
    JohnW

    Renault 4CV 1951
    Renault R8 1965
    Renault Scenic 2005 (wife's)
    Renault Scenic 2007 (mine)
    Renault Scenic 2006 (daughter's)
    CitroŽn CX Pallas 1980

    National Co-ordinator, Renault 4CV Register of Australia

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •