Auto close windows on raining C5 MY06 2006
  • Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 Last
    Tadpole

Default Auto close windows on raining C5 MY06 2006

I'm wondering how do I programme the car to autoclose windows upon raining?
    On board computer settings have no provision to do this, would I need to have it done by the dealer?
    Does this model C5 have provision to wind the windows down on unlocking?-and how to programme this feature?
    I have no user manual as was lost by previous owner,,,am happy to copy any available.
    Thanks

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by tigger400 View Post
    I'm wondering how do I programme the car to autoclose windows upon raining?
    I don't believe any CitroŽn models possess this feature.
    Regards,

Simon

2018 308 GTi 2011 DS3 DSport
    ----
    2014 208 GTi 2007 207 GTi 2004 206 GTi180 2000 206 GTi 1995 306 XT

www.peugeotclub.asn.au

Tadpole

They do as I have read of this on other forums

Steven,

On my C5, the rain sensor does not seem to be activated until I trigger the single wipe function after each engine start.

When switched off, once the car goes into economy mode I don't think anything much like that would work. I even hear the electric tailgates stop mid cycle if the car decides to go into economy mode while they are opening or closing. So even if it did have the capability, I wouldn't trust it.

Cheers,

Ken W

Fellow Frogger!

Default Handbook C5

Steven, why don't you bookmark this?

http://info.citroen.co.uk/assets/mic...s-Handbook.pdf

Cheers,
    David

Fellow Frogger!

I doubt that my 2006 C5 actually has that feature. Maybe it was deleted from the specification mix as selected by Ateco for Oz. No doubt it will be clarified for us given the fulness of time and knowledgable replies...where are you David S ?

UFO

I remember a CCC of NSW event a few years ago where an old club member spruiked about how his S1 C5 had auto closing windows when it rained. He left his windows open a bit as it was a hot day. Soon enough a Sydney summer storm came by. He drove home on very wet leather seats!
    Craig K
    2009 C5 HDi Exclusive

Fellow Frogger!

Default 07 c5

My car is very new to me so I cannot speak with full confidence. I have scrolled through all the display options (as you do with a new toy) I did not find that option, nor can I recall seeing any window option in my handbook.

Cheers
    David

Should have bought a VW!
    Regards,

Garth.

Fixin' Cit's and got the shits.

'15 DS 5
    '74 GS Convertisseur

In the family
    '51 Traction
    '08 C5 X7 V6

Previous ownership
    '95 XM V6 Series 2
    '96 306 XTDT

My old 2003 C5 must have had this feature. One day cruising along, my wife had her door window open. The screen was a bit grubby so I decided it needed a wash. When I did this, the window closed. It was opened again ( of course) and I decided to wash the screen again and the same happened. I thought this was a great feature, so when there was a shower at a later date and I had left the window open I said to the people we were with " I don't have to worry" because of this feature. (The seats needed a wash down anyway.) The feature only operates when the ignition is on!!!

Real cars have hydraulics DoubleChevron's Avatar

Is it really that hard to just wind the windows up .... All you gotta do is push a button.

I hate "automatic" stuff, I rather turn it on and off myself. At least that way I know it's switched on ............................. or off.

I think the C4 winds up it's windows if you just hold the lock button down on the remote, never bother trying it myself. It takes about 2 seconds to punch the "up" button for each window after all...................

seeya,
    Shane L.
    'Cit' homepage:
    Citroen Workshop
    Proper cars--
    '85 Series II CX2500 GTi Turbo I
    '63 ID19 http://www.aussiefrogs.com/forum/citro%EBn-forum/90325-best-project-car-you-have-ever-seen.html
    '72 DS21 ie 5spd pallas (last looked at ... about 15years ago)
    '78 GS1220 pallas
    '92 Range Rover Classic ... 5spd manual.

Yay ... No Slugomatics

Modern Junk:
    '07 Poogoe 407 HDi 6spd manual

UFO

Quote Originally Posted by DoubleChevron View Post
    I think the C4 winds up it's windows if you just hold the lock button down on the remote, never bother trying it myself. It takes about 2 seconds to punch the "up" button for each window after all...................

seeya,
    Shane L.
    Yes our C4 and C5 do this. Handy for if you have walked away and forgot. On a car with a factory sunroof like the C5, it also closes the sunroof.
    Craig K
    2009 C5 HDi Exclusive

UFO

Quote Originally Posted by XM Mechanic View Post
    Should have bought a VW!
    You did! And now look what you drive!
    Craig K
    2009 C5 HDi Exclusive

Tadpole

To those who acknowledged the question, thank you, what I need to know is how do you activate it, for those of you who had/have it working, is it in your manual or a dealer setting?
    To the others, you're opinions are a waste of time to the issue here.

Quote Originally Posted by UFO View Post
    Yes our C4 and C5 do this. Handy for if you have walked away and forgot. On a car with a factory sunroof like the C5, it also closes the sunroof.
    My mid nineties e class does that 605 doesnt but will soon... an easy retrofit on older cars... thank you viper.

dino

To those who acknowledged the question, thank you, what I need to know is how do you activate it, for those of you who had/have it working, is it in your manual or a dealer setting?
    My '06 C5 2.2 HDI with sunroof and sat nav does not have this feature even thought the manual says it does. I tried everything and rang 3 Citroen dealers in 2 states and they all said they don't have it. Maybe you should be a bit more polite to your fellow Froggers with your time wasting remark. You sound like a jerk.
    I might act like an idiot, and I might look like an idiot, but don't let that fool you: I really AM an idiot!

The windows only close when the wipers are switched on.
    2003 C5 2.0i AL4 205,000 km 76372389

Fellow Frogger! young 4 old pug's Avatar

Awwww somebody got a widdle annoyed
    Current stash
    too many.

Passed over stash
    lots.

Fellow Frogger! young 4 old pug's Avatar

I don't think I've ever seen a topic on AF that doesn't go off the point of the original point.

Ok everyone, from now on we MUST only post if it DIRECTLY relates to original post. If you dare wonder off topic you shall be REMOVED from AF.

Oh dear.

Oh well, nice knowing you all, I'll see you all in the "you're allowed to go off topic and provide useless opinions" version of AF.
    Current stash
    too many.

Passed over stash
    lots.

Quote Originally Posted by young 4 old pug View Post
    I don't think I've ever seen a topic on AF that doesn't go off the point of the original point.

Ok everyone, from now on we MUST only post if it DIRECTLY relates to original post. If you dare wonder off topic you shall be REMOVED from AF.

Oh dear.

Oh well, nice knowing you all, I'll see you all in the "you're allowed to go off topic and provide useless opinions" version of AF.
    I think that's fully booked unfortunately......and there's a very long waiting list. Most of the other topics have plenty of room because apart from you and me I think all the Froggers have been rem..........
    I might act like an idiot, and I might look like an idiot, but don't let that fool you: I really AM an idiot!

Thank God for my Hydroen harrisson_citroen's Avatar

Tiger400, all C5's do it. It is associated with the auto wipers. You won't find the option in the book, all you need do is set your wipers to "auto" (I think it is "up" on the stalk isn't it). If it starts raining and your widows are open and you are on "auto" wipers, the widows will close. Great feature.
    DS Un jour, DS toujours !

TRT

Default I will watch this posting with interest

What I am aware of in C5 (and C4) is:

Windows will auto close (including sun roof) when you hold down the lock button on the remote control. This is opposite of VW where windows will all open when you hold down the unlock button (which is great on a hot day). I am not aware of reverse happening - VWs don't appear to be able to close windows and Citroens do not appear to be able to open them.

Have not tested the rain sensor, but it makes sense that windows will close when sensor detects rain. But this will only occur when ignition is on. But am happy to be proved wrong here.

Please keep posting if/when you find out how any of these features work. I love gadgets in cars and these sound great.

Sounds like we have a "user issue"...

Re: remote locking and unlocking... I love the one on my e class... not only will it lock the doors, it ll lift all glass and close the sunroof... but get this... when you come back to the car. Press to unlock... but if you press and hold it ll re open the sunroof and drop glass back to previous position... coool.

dino

1000+ Posts

Default ??

Hi,
    Obviously some people have too much time and not enough knowlege but find AF encourages answers anyway. That's life on the web, you gotta' take the wheat with the chaff and sort it yourself.

On my C5 early petrol and low spec if you have the wipers in auto and the windows are down and you are switched on the windows close if the wipers start. I do not see any instructions to switch this on or off. It has done it since I have owned the car. However if you disconnect the battery and then reconnect it there is a procedure to reset the windows correctly. If you do not do this it can take a while for the function to reset properly.

My remote has a third button which controls the windows, when the key is switched off and also from outside the car. The first push closes the windows. The second push opens them a small amount. The next push lowers them some more, probably a not so secure opening. The next closes them etc.

Those that claimed that the Citroen does not control the windows with the remote, should perhaps actually go and find out the facts first

jaahn

Tadpole

Well I'm going to go home tonight - wind the windows down and turn the hose on the C5 X7. Will let you know.

Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread Information