C4 VTS Smash Repair woes
  • Register
  • Help
    don

Default C4 VTS Smash Repair woes

Hi all
    I just got through reading the c4 woes that tango22 has been experiencing.

In March Sunday 11th I Had a front and rear accident in my c4 VTR sorry not VTS at Gateshead Newcastle.

I had to hit the brakes hard when a car in front braked on a an amber light I had 4 cars spce in front and pulled up hard but fine. However as a result the car behind me an early holden barina loaded to the hilt with a house moving episode of gear and toooooo close plowed into the back of the VTR and I was shunted into the car in front of me.

Advertisement

Called AAMI on the mobile shaking like shi!!!! ( Always Amiable, Mindfull, Inaffective)

There where bits of plasic hanging off everwhere the rear under body cover spare wheel cover the lower portion of the bumper and fog lights left hanging Right broken and snapped wiring. Front of the car bonnet upper embelisher left hand fog surround and rear number plate cover all over the road.

After moving the vehicles off the main road (3 lanes southbound pacific Highway akin to Victoria road Sydney for volume). Soughted out Licecnces and etc.

I drove home with the boot full of broken bits. Rang AAMI and organised a claim couldnt get the car looked at until June 2nd and that was with an authorised agent Of AAMI. Craig Abel Smash Reapairs of Warners bay. So I drove the car until that time 26 Ks to and from work each day.

Got a call the day before good friday could you please drop the car off at repairer for inspection /quote.
    So now Im gonna be without wheels the whole of easter as it would ahve to stripped front and back to find out what damage there was.

I refused to let them have the car because I needed it for travel to the upper hunetr over easter.

Easter came and went and I dropped the car back to Abel smash repair. Picked up the hire car that AAMI had arranged for 10 days a toynissbishi shi!!! box.

The ten days came and went no info on the car so I called AAMI Parts slow from france as they had to be ordered, Get this - Complete New front Bumper and sub assmblies under trays both headlights, New bonnet and scuttle. New rear bumper upper lower and under trays new Fog wiring harness and both lamps and rear panel the one welded to the body attached to crumple absorber and thats just what the conversation had time for and they would not extend the hire of the vehicle( Quote they had exhausted there responsibilty in the matter if hire cars) but would organise a vehicle with Hertz at a CDP rate
    ( counter discount promo rate) of $38.90 per day. Another 10 days at this rate of hire came and went and my eardrums where insensed by the roadnoise from the toynissbishi. I could neither afford financially or physically another moment in the vehicle and the parts for the C4 where still coming from france.
    Abel smash repairs put me in contact with a iconic rentals and we ended up with a nissToybishi this time. quieter and more rubber bands attached to more automatic rubber bands that rev like a bucket of loose bolts and change gear like the drive train is 10 kilometres long.

WHY ARE PEOPLE SO UNKIND TO FRENCH CARS ??? I have never had cause to speak about the many french cars Ive owned with such distate and lack of positsive experiece as I have with these current model Toynissbishi models.
    Tuesday 30th may and AAMI have called yet again the day before the vehicle is due to be picked up Parts delayed. And yet again today Tuesday 5th June with the C4 Rego due tomorrow parts delayed.

WHERE IS ATECO WITH THE TOOLS AND PARTS REQUIRED TO UPHOLD ITS SERVICE AGREEMENT WITH LOCAL AGENTS SUCH AS THEY ARE???????????.

I would love to feel this will all turn out OK what with AAMI not wanting to help with costs and
    the parts not arriving on time. plus how is the car fairing after not beeing started after all this time??

I love my C4 but Think it will be the last Citroen for me unless the Ateco Group get there act together
    Last edited by don; 5th June 2012 at 05:18 PM. Reason: spelling mistakes LOTS

Quote Originally Posted by don View Post
    Hi all
    I just got through reading the c4 woes that tango22 has been experiencing.

In March Sunday 11th I Had a front and rear accident in my c4 VTR sorry not VTS at Gateshead Newcastle.

I had to hit the brakes hard when a car in front braked on a an amber light I had 4 cars spce in front and pulled up hard but fine. However as a result the car behind me an early holden barina loaded to the hilt with a house moving episode of gear and toooooo close plowed into the back of the VTR and I was shunted into the car in front of me.

Called AAMI on the mobile shaking like shi!!!! ( Always Amiable, Mindfull, Inaffective)

There where bits of plasic hanging off everwhere the rear under body cover spare wheel cover the lower portion of the bumper and fog lights left hanging Right broken and snapped wiring. Front of the car bonnet upper embelisher left hand fog surround and rear number plate cover all over the road.

After moving the vehicles off the main road (3 lanes southbound pacific Highway akin to Victoria road Sydney for volume). Soughted out Licecnces and etc.

I drove home with the boot full of broken bits. Rang AAMI and organised a claim couldnt get the car looked at until June 2nd and that was with an authorised agent Of AAMI. Craig Abel Smash Reapairs of Warners bay. So I drove the car until that time 26 Ks to and from work each day.

Got a call the day before good friday could you please drop the car off at repairer for inspection /quote.
    So now Im gonna be without wheels the whole of easter as it would ahve to stripped front and back to find out what damage there was.

I refused to let them have the car because I needed it for travel to the upper hunetr over easter.

Easter came and went and I dropped the car back to Abel smash repair. Picked up the hire car that AAMI had arranged for 10 days a toynissbishi shi!!! box.

The ten days came and went no info on the car so I called AAMI Parts slow from france as they had to be ordered, Get this - Complete New front Bumper and sub assmblies under trays both headlights, New bonnet and scuttle. New rear bumper upper lower and under trays new Fog wiring harness and both lamps and rear panel the one welded to the body attached to crumple absorber and thats just what the conversation had time for and they would not extend the hire of the vehicle( Quote they had exhausted there responsibilty in the matter if hire cars) but would organise a vehicle with Hertz at a CDP rate
    ( counter discount promo rate) of $38.90 per day. Another 10 days at this rate of hire came and went and my eardrums where insensed by the roadnoise from the toynissbishi. I could neither afford financially or physically another moment in the vehicle and the parts for the C4 where still coming from france.
    Abel smash repairs put me in contact with a iconic rentals and we ended up with a nissToybishi this time. quieter and more rubber bands attached to more automatic rubber bands that rev like a bucket of loose bolts and change gear like the drive train is 10 kilometres long.

WHY ARE PEOPLE SO UNKIND TO FRENCH CARS ??? I have never had cause to speak about the many french cars Ive owned with such distate and lack of positsive experiece as I have with these current model Toynissbishi models.
    Tuesday 30th may and AAMI have called yet again the day before the vehicle is due to be picked up Parts delayed. And yet again today Tuesday 5th June with the C4 Rego due tomorrow parts delayed.

WHERE IS ATECO WITH THE TOOLS AND PARTS REQUIRED TO UPHOLD ITS SERVICE AGREEMENT WITH LOCAL AGENTS SUCH AS THEY ARE???????????.

I would love to feel this will all turn out OK what with AAMI not wanting to help with costs and
    the parts not arriving on time. plus how is the car fairing after not beeing started after all this time??

I love my C4 but Think it will be the last Citroen for me unless the Ateco Group get there act together
    I had similar incident a few years ago. I was hit both front and back. It wasn't a French car.

The AAMI loss assessor did me a favor by telling to push AAMI to write off the car.

He pointed out that the car was quite new (3 years old), low kms and repair value was close write off value.

He also pointed out, a low kms car in good nick will get a premium when sold to the trade as a repairer. In fact AAMI may be better off to write off the car and with salvage value factored in pay less than the repair.

So they wrote it off and after arguing replacement value. I paid $1500 on top of what would have been my excess and got a new car.

Faster than repairing for sure.

But too late as advice for you

I'm sorry to hear this tale of woe, Don.

If you do get an i30, You'll still be welcome at the Af BBQ.

At least you tried to own a french car.

Jo

Truly feel for you Don - not good at all. Not at all surprised that you are considering that this would be your last Citroen whilst Ateco are in charge.

Must admit I'm surprised by the sound of the damage that the car wasn't declared a write off. Reckon it must have been close. Have you spoken directly with the repairer (as opposed to through AAMI)? Would be interesting to get their take on what the specific holdup is...
    2005 Jaune Scott VTS 180 (built 28/1/05), K&N Typhoon Induction Kit, Bilstein B14 PSS Coilovers | Build Thread

C4Owners.org Premier Club Member#19249
    Citroen Car Club of NSW Inc Member - 2013/14 Committee Member and Editor of "The Chevrons"
    Australian Racing Drivers' Club Member
    facebook.com/cccnsw

Thread Information