Micro surgery C4 headlamp globe replacement
  • Register
  • Help
    Fellow Frogger!

Default Micro surgery C4 headlamp globe replacement

Folks,

I have given up.

Did the driver side one a few months ago, and this was murder. The passenger one is easier to get to, but you cannot see into the casm where the globe is, and looks like parts need to come off to gain access.

Advertisement

Is this a job for the dealers?

A very fiddly operation you must need special tools to do.

Chris Mortimer

Shouldn't require a dealer to do the job. Check out this FAQ from C4Owners.org on how to change a headlight bulb on a C4 hatch or coupe.
    2005 Jaune Scott VTS 180 (built 28/1/05), K&N Typhoon Induction Kit, Bilstein B14 PSS Coilovers | Build Thread

C4Owners.org Premier Club Member#19249
    Citroen Car Club of NSW Inc Member - 2013/14 Committee Member and Editor of "The Chevrons"
    Australian Racing Drivers' Club Member
    facebook.com/cccnsw

Fellow Frogger!

Default Lights

Thanks Cam,

What a coincidence, I work at Cherrybrook Technology High. Shall look out for C4s spinning through, and a gent I work with just put his wife's vts on th for sale page. It is a lovely car and great value.

I will have another crack at it, but don't want to go pulling things out that I have buckley's of getting back in. I do remember the swearing of the last local mechanic who put in the driver side headlight. He cursed it big time and hates Citroens because of things I've that.

Chris

No worries Chris - small world indeed.

I've no doubt the job is a bit fiddly, but given a dealer would charge you for the privilege of changing the bulb over, it might be worth persevering. In the future, I'd also recommend replacing both headlight globes at the same time. When one blows, the other one has a happy knack of blowing shortly thereafter.
    2005 Jaune Scott VTS 180 (built 28/1/05), K&N Typhoon Induction Kit, Bilstein B14 PSS Coilovers | Build Thread

C4Owners.org Premier Club Member#19249
    Citroen Car Club of NSW Inc Member - 2013/14 Committee Member and Editor of "The Chevrons"
    Australian Racing Drivers' Club Member
    facebook.com/cccnsw

UFO

As I have recently found, having done both main globes on ours within about 6 weeks, it is a fiddly job and not helped in that the hardest bit is to depress that bloody globe retaining spring! GRRRR.

I found that a small pair of needlenose pliers and a mirror were handy to grab onto one side of the retaining spring wire via looking in the mirror and grabbing the spring wire end on one side then pushing it forward and outwards (away from the globe base). Once you do that the spring becomes loose and you can carefully pull the globe and cable out.

Replacement of the globe and spring was far easier than removal.

I did not remove the light fittings etc.
    Craig K
    2009 C5 HDi Exclusive

Fellow Frogger!

Default Globe

Thanks guys. Shall have another crack in a day or so. Chris

Thread Information