The GS, the Weather and Me.
  • Register
  • Help

Icon8 The GS, the Weather and Me.

So it's been raining for the last few days. I hear it's great for the farmers and those after a free car wash.

Advertisement

This morning I waved the CX goodbye to a proud Essex girl and needed to go to the supermarket. It was my trusty and trusted daily. So out came the GS that until today has almost never been out in any serious downpour since I bought it.

The wipers come on, and everything seems fine - until they began to gradually slow down to nothing.

So where do I go from here? They're sitting pretty, and fully open across my window screen.

Naturally, I have a lot of GS parts, but no wiper motor! The water disperser works just fine. Usually it's the other way 'round with the GS.

I don't have a Haynes manual as each time I go looking for a solution, they never seem to have one....!
    1972 SM
    1989 BX 16 Valve

Real cars have hydraulics DoubleChevron's Avatar

How difficult is it to get out . I'll have one here you can have. I'll see if I can get it out tomorrow....

seeya,
    Shane L.
    'Cit' homepage:
    Citroen Workshop
    Proper cars--
    '85 Series II CX2500 GTi Turbo I
    '63 ID19 http://www.aussiefrogs.com/forum/citro%EBn-forum/90325-best-project-car-you-have-ever-seen.html
    '72 DS21 ie 5spd pallas (last looked at ... about 15years ago)
    '78 GS1220 pallas
    '92 Range Rover Classic ... 5spd manual.

Yay ... No Slugomatics

Modern Junk:
    '07 Poogoe 407 HDi 6spd manual

Fellow Frogger!

temporary fix time:
    find the wiper motor.
    with the wipers switched on, give the wiper motor a few gentle whacks with a suitable implement - rubber mallet or hammer.

Chances are the brushes are stuck, dirty or worn out. Giving the motor a whack can vibrate it enough to wiggle the brushes back into action, should work for a bit till you can remove/replace the wiper motor.

Also check all wiring connections - a dodgy connection or bad earth could do it too.

I have one here in partially cloudy Highvale.
    C5 Touring 2008, CX 2400ie Prestige '81 (with dead gerbox), CX 2400 Pallas C-Matic '80, CX2400 Super Familiale C-Matic '79 (to be scrapped very soon) , CX2400i Familiale 5-spd (to be scrapped), GS 1220 Wagon '78 (next project), ID19 '64
    CX Register

Thread Information