2011 C3 Gearbox Problems
  • Register
  • Help
    Tadpole

Default 2011 C3 Gearbox Problems

Hi Guys

Wife bought a 2011 Citroen C3 1.6 Petrol with Auto about 3 months ago which has now done 2,461kms. Basically bought the car because she liked my 207 1.6 Petrol but didnt want the same car, also the look of the C3 and its large receding windscreen sucked her in.

Anyway, she loves the car but we are having problems with the Automatic Transmission. The car has been back to the dealer three times now and it still is no better.

Basically the main problem is that the gear changes both up and down are very harsh, the car also wouldnt take off from a hill last week and the gear display showed: 1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2. The only way she got it to take off was to push the selector across to the manual mode and select 1st gear. It did this again at a round about which wasnt exactly a pleasant experience for her.

My 207 which has the same running gear is a completely different car to drive, smooth and you wouldnt notice it changing gears. Basically the C3 reminds me of driving my first clapped out automatic car.....not pleasant at all.

The service rep basically has told us that his mechanics think it is ok, but he isnt convinced himself and has nothing else to compare it to as they dont have another C3 in stock. He has informed us to go drive one at the dealership in Brisbane to see what we see and let him know from there. Doesnt instill a lot of confidence in the technicians when nothing seems to change.

As you can imagine, we are getting tired of taking it down and losing it for 3 or 4 days only to collect it with the same problems. Am I correct in thinking that both of our cars, the 207 and C3 have an AL4 gearbox?

Just a question for other C3 owners & experts on these gearboxes........have you experienced these problems? What was the solution? Tearing our hair out here!

Advertisement

Hi,

I have had quite a few dealings with Adrian at Brisbane Citroen and have a lot of respect for his knowledge and manner. I would be following his advice as soon as I could to try and get this sorted. Sounds like you could have scored a dodgy autobox.

Ken W

Fellow Frogger!

Quote Originally Posted by Ken W View Post
    Hi,

I have had quite a few dealings with Adrian at Brisbane Citroen and have a lot of respect for his knowledge and manner. I would be following his advice as soon as I could to try and get this sorted. Sounds like you could have scored a dodgy autobox.

Ken W
    I agree give Adrian call, sounds like you've scored a dodgy dealer, most of them haven't a bloody clue. Stay lucky

Tadpole

Bought the car from the Gold Coast and must say that we cannot fault Seans efforts, I just dont think he receives the backup he requires. Pretty common nowadays I think.

Going to go to Brisbane on the weekend and see if we can get it sorted.

Thread Information