CX alfa romeo wheels bolts
  • Register
  • Help

Default CX alfa romeo wheels bolts

Hi just wondering what wheels bolts people have used to put the alfa romeo alloy wheels on a cx
    the steel wheel bolts from a cx have the wrong tapper and the tapper is also a bit short

i dont have any alfa wheel bolts to try them so hoping someone can shed some light on this thanks

Advertisement

Balki,

The citroen studs require M12 x 1.25 (metric fine) threads. Thread length is 30 mm measured to the bottom of the cone. If the thread is too long the bolt will contact parts of the wheel hub carrier - so check that the wheel rotates normally when you fit the wheel. There is a pic of the wheel bolt in this thread Alfa Romeo Rims for a CX-2200?

When I fitted Alfa wheels to my car a few years ago I couldn't find bolts in Australia at sensible prices. Local suppliers were telling me $20 EACH for bolts. So I got a set by eBay from a seller in the UK. Total was about $100 including postage for a complete set.

Common M12 bolts here are metric coarse (1.5 mm pitch) but I can't believe that metric fine bolts should be that hard to get in Australia. Keep asking until you get the right answer.
    Robert Thorne
    Brisbane
    Citroenless - for now...

Default bolts

great thanks i will investigate

Would the bolts used with CX S1 factory alloy wheels do the job?
    C5 Touring 2008, CX 2400ie Prestige '81 (with dead gerbox), CX 2400 Pallas C-Matic '80, CX2400 Super Familiale C-Matic '79 (to be scrapped very soon) , CX2400i Familiale 5-spd (to be scrapped), GS 1220 Wagon '78 (next project), ID19 '64
    CX Register

Default bolts

no they have a flat area behind the head not a 60 degree tapper like the alfa wheels

Get on line and take a look at www.niceproducts.com.au They are an Australian crowd that make wheel bolts. They have a huge range of Metric fine bolts and nuts, flat washer, taper, cone and dowel - all sorts. Once you have found the bolt you want, your local parts retail (Autobarn etc.) can get them for you.

I've just done a mix and match on my Pug, and found just the right thing in their catalogue.

Good luck.
    racing 405
    1:59:09 last time at Phillip Island - less than standard Mi16.

Default bolts

got 20 bolts from bob jane today for 30 bucks couldnt believe how cheap they were

Thread Information