BX 16V registered
  • Register
  • Help

Default BX 16V registered

Took some piccie this morning.

Its been nearly 2 years since I picked up this badboy from a fellow frogger.

Since then Ive replaced the clutch/pressure plate, got the ABS working, repaired rust in the A pillar, repaired borken pedal box, various electrical issues, watched plastics disintegrate when touched and gotten a lesson on nitrogen/LHM.

Its been a lot of fun. With only 147xxx km, the old XU9J4 is still pretty strong and very vocal. Unlike any NA 4 Cyl Ive ever driven.

More images to come.

Advertisement
    Last edited by b707; 19th May 2012 at 08:28 PM. Reason: Add pictures

Well Done,

Frog and I were there last year getting his black BX 16V registered the Friday before French Car Day. I don't think we had quite as much to do as you did but we are still only at stage one.

Does the air con work yet?

Cheers,

Ken W

Thanks Ken. I made a list of all the work I did to get it back on the road and it all adds up. Finding the time in between family, work and studies was challenging.

Took it for its first extended drive today, about 60 km return to work. Good stretches of 70-80 and 100 km/ hr roads. First impressions are its noisy, plastics squeak, and the engine is vocal. But I can forgive all it's faults as its just plain fun to drive! Newer small cars are safer, quiter and probably quicker but no where near as involving and fun. I can understand why the Valvers have a small but loyal following.

Congratulations, it's fantastic bringing one back to life and great to see. 147 thousand is very young!

Looking forward to seeing more photos, maybe start a project thread? Or continue on in this thread!

Chris.

I wish mine was a 16Valve....but I must say the TZI is fun too, I can usually beat most people off at the lights, and it overtakes faster then most six cylinders....Its good to see another one has not been recycled

Quote Originally Posted by gazelle View Post
    I wish mine was a 16Valve....but I must say the TZI is fun too, I can usually beat most people off at the lights, and it overtakes faster then most six cylinders....Its good to see another one has not been recycled
    You're the first non 16 Valve owner I've heard say that. Most justify with a whole bunch of reasons why they like their BX but secretly you suspect they'd rather have a 16 Valve. Why settle for the entree when you can enjoy the main course.

That red 16valve finished on eBay today!

Thread Information