LHS rubber hose. Melbourne area.
  • Register
  • Help

Default LHS rubber hose. Melbourne area.

Hello everyone. I have LHS ID 19 slowly repairing it. Now I am almost ready to assemble. Now I am looking for rubber hose FAT ones from LHS reservoir tank. I have searched on the net but I can not find one specifies for break fluid.
    I asked someone and he told me EPDM rubber is the one I need. I have asked place called Complete Rubber and they told me that heater hose should be fine. I am sure it will be fine.
    Or should I order original one from Germany?

Advertisement

I just wanted to get some info what other people are doing. Please let me know. and Please let me know where I can buy them.
    Thanks

Fellow Frogger!

Quote Originally Posted by caparobertsan View Post
    Hello everyone. I have LHS ID 19 slowly repairing it. Now I am almost ready to assemble. Now I am looking for rubber hose FAT ones from LHS reservoir tank. I have searched on the net but I can not find one specifies for break fluid.
    I asked someone and he told me EPDM rubber is the one I need. I have asked place called Complete Rubber and they told me that heater hose should be fine. I am sure it will be fine.
    Or should I order original one from Germany?

I just wanted to get some info what other people are doing. Please let me know. and Please let me know where I can buy them.
    Thanks

Before you get the 'heater hose', confirm with them that the rubber, is indeed, EPDM and that the hose is not fabric reinforced. Fabric reinforcement just makes the hose that much harder to get over the nipple(s) on the filter housing (hydraulic tank) as well

Steve

Thanks for your reply.
    I have just checked one of other hose that previous owner installed. It says oil cooler hose. and It is reinforced with strings. It looks like any rubber hose will do the job?

Fellow Frogger!

Quote Originally Posted by caparobertsan View Post
    Thanks for your reply.
    I have just checked one of other hose that previous owner installed. It says oil cooler hose. and It is reinforced with strings. It looks like any rubber hose will do the job?
    No - oil cooler hose in Nitrle (Buna-N). It, will, over time swell and deteriorate when exposed to LHS or brake fluid. If the line in question is just a 'suction' line it may take some time for the effects to be noted. OTOH if there is any pressure involved, failure is going to happen fairly fast.

Steve

Thread Information