Goulbourn GS
  • Register
  • Help

Thread: Goulbourn GS

Fellow Frogger!

Default Goulbourn GS

Anybody know the GS for sale on carsales.com.au?

Advertisement

Real cars have hydraulics DoubleChevron's Avatar

Fabulous ...... Someone buy it for me ..... please I can't remember the last time I saw such a nice GS. If your interested I wouldn't wait to long to go look at it. When was the last time you saw a GS worth looking at advertised 10years ago ??? I doubt it'll last long.

seeya,
    Shane L.
    'Cit' homepage:
    Citroen Workshop
    Proper cars--
    '85 Series II CX2500 GTi Turbo I
    '63 ID19 http://www.aussiefrogs.com/forum/citro%EBn-forum/90325-best-project-car-you-have-ever-seen.html
    '72 DS21 ie 5spd pallas (last looked at ... about 15years ago)
    '78 GS1220 pallas
    '92 Range Rover Classic ... 5spd manual.

Yay ... No Slugomatics

Modern Junk:
    '07 Poogoe 407 HDi 6spd manual

Budding Architect ???? pugrambo's Avatar

32k km's

that is a brand new car

Shane, stick it on club rego and be done with it
    3 x '78 604 SL

1 x '98 306 GTi6

1 x secret project

1 x '98 406 STDT troop carrier and i don't care if it stinks, i don't sniff it's arse Death by wank tank

1 x '99 406SV 5spd wagon, time to burn more fuel

1 x 1994 605 SV3.0

WTD long range fuel tank for 605

DS

Looks great. $5500 I think is very fair for a car in that sort of condition. Like all old cars I'm sure there will be things that need doing but I always found GS quite easy to work on. There would be haggle room there I suspect.
    Citroen Car Club of New South Wales member.

My Citroen ID21F can be seen here http://www.flickr.com/photos/frontdr...7605999522616/

Quote Originally Posted by pugrambo View Post
    32k km's

that is a brand new car

Shane, stick it on club rego and be done with it
    I don't have the $$$ to buy it. It could be 32,000 .... 132,000 .... 532000 etc.... there only 99,999km odometers

seeya,
    Shane L.
    'Cit' homepage:
    Citroen Workshop
    Proper cars--
    '63 ID19 http://www.aussiefrogs.com/forum/showthread.php?t=90325
    '78 GS1220 pallas

Yay ... No Slugomatics

Modern Junk:

And it could be right, until someone actually picks up the telephone and speak with the past owners wife, all this talk is speculative.
    Then based on the conversation you find out where Goulburn is and take the trip.

There are some great cars there and a family who has looked after (well) European cars for two generations.

It is the same as a certain CX Prestige last year that was generally waffled about ad nauseum, nobody even rang the bloke to find out about it.
    Someone bought it, for the right money and now it is in excellent hands and a surprise for anyone who sees it.

STOP SPECULATING, PHONE THE OWNER IF YOU WANT A GS!

If I wanted one, I'd ring.

Quote Originally Posted by DoubleChevron View Post
    I don't have the $$$ to buy it. It could be 32,000 .... 132,000 .... 532000 etc.... there only 99,999km odometers

seeya,
    Shane L.
    looking at the condition it's in it could be 32k

Richo, Goulburn is on the hume hwy about 2 hrs south of sydeny
    3 x '78 604 SL

1 x '98 306 GTi6

1 x secret project

1 x '98 406 STDT troop carrier and i don't care if it stinks, i don't sniff it's arse Death by wank tank

1 x 1994 605 SV3.0

Fellow Frogger

I reckon you'll be told how to find Parkes now ...

The interior of that GS is exceptionally tidy going by the photos, so it's got that going for it regardless of the actual number of time around the clock!

Thanks, as I mentioned in my post, there is a family there who for two generations have looked after European cars in the area.
    If I didn't know a little about Goulburn, then how might I know of a family business who has looked after Euro cars?
    My family lived there for nearly 80 years, my grandafather was the coroner and my Uncle drove French cars from the 1950s to his passing in 1983. Sadly, I did not inherit his 1973 504ti, however it is still there, driven by the same man who subsequently purchased the car and is attended to mechanically by the same family who did so after he bought the car in 1974.

Banned

I rang and i dont even want one, it went to her message bank and she is young. The voice sounded in her late teens. the daughter perhaps?

UFO

Quote Originally Posted by richo View Post
    Thanks, as I mentioned in my post, there is a family there who for two generations have looked after European cars in the area.
    If I didn't know a little about Goulburn, then how might I know of a family business who has looked after Euro cars?
    My family lived there for nearly 80 years, my grandafather was the coroner and my Uncle drove French cars from the 1950s to his passing in 1983. Sadly, I did not inherit his 1973 504ti, however it is still there, driven by the same man who subsequently purchased the car and is attended to mechanically by the same family who did so after he bought the car in 1974.
    I do know this car and Debra and I also knew the deceased owner. He was a long time CCC NSW member and, remarkably, the local Citroen mechanic. He used to work on UFO (the car - not me!) when the previous owner was working in Goulburn.

DS may remember Eric as the man who used to drive this GS or either of his Xantias with his head tilted to the right - almost like he was asleep. But he could drive like that for hours.

IIRC, he bought the car based on photos and description, from an elderly lady in Adelaide some time ago - perhaps 2002. He flew down there, bought the car and drove back to Goulburn arriving the next day. I think the km are genuine.

Eric's son now owns and runs the business - as far as I am aware.

I was only thinking about this car in the past day or so and wondering what ever happened to it.

This is a car for a serious collector to look at and purchase quickly - based on my recollections of the car when I last saw it running - which is now about three years ago.

So stop being a mob of quibblers and do something!

If we had not decided to keep to one classic, I would be on the phone first thing tomorrow morning and putting a deposit on this car pending inspection.
    Craig K
    2009 C5 HDi Exclusive

Quote Originally Posted by UFO View Post

If we had not decided to keep to one classic, I would be on the phone first thing tomorrow morning and putting a deposit on this car pending inspection.
    GS's are only little ... It won't take up much room. It's about a million time the car a C4 is ..... Get rid of the C4 and get something decent

You could be driving it on the roads for $66 a year here in Victoria on a club permit!

seeya,
    Shane L.
    'Cit' homepage:
    Citroen Workshop
    Proper cars--
    '63 ID19 http://www.aussiefrogs.com/forum/showthread.php?t=90325
    '78 GS1220 pallas

Yay ... No Slugomatics

Modern Junk:

Quote Originally Posted by richo View Post
    didn't realize sorry Richo

i lived in bundanoon and moss vale for 10 years or so

went to tafe in goulburn, had mates in goulburn, used to do 'laps' in goulburn and bought a few pug parts from an old bloke in goulburn

used to go spot lighting in breadalbane before the bypass went in, got drunk at the pub there and ate possum stew there

looks like your family left there before i lived in the area though
    3 x '78 604 SL

1 x '98 306 GTi6

1 x secret project

1 x 1994 605 SV3.0

No worries pugrambo, I thought it was funny.
    Especially when I realised that I undercut the time my family lived in Goulburn, it goes back over 150 years counting both sides.
    Last edited by richo; 10th May 2012 at 12:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by UFO View Post
    I do know this car and Debra and I also knew the deceased owner. He was a long time CCC NSW member and, remarkably, the local Citroen mechanic. He used to work on UFO (the car - not me!) when the previous owner was working in Goulburn.

DS may remember Eric as the man who used to drive this GS or either of his Xantias with his head tilted to the right - almost like he was asleep. But he could drive like that for hours.

IIRC, he bought the car based on photos and description, from an elderly lady in Adelaide some time ago - perhaps 2002. He flew down there, bought the car and drove back to Goulburn arriving the next day. I think the km are genuine.

Eric's son now owns and runs the business - as far as I am aware.

I was only thinking about this car in the past day or so and wondering what ever happened to it.

This is a car for a serious collector to look at and purchase quickly - based on my recollections of the car when I last saw it running - which is now about three years ago.

So stop being a mob of quibblers and do something!

Eric was my uncles best friend, life long. His Peugeot 504 was left to Eric in his will to find a "deserving" new owner. Which Eric did. Eric was a thorough man in maintenance and looking after cars owned by passionate owners, which is certainly a task requiring particular qualities in dealing with people.

His son does indeed still look after the best Euro cars in town, though he too is about my age if I recollect.
    The "young girl" may well be Erics grand daughter.
    This is pure speculation on my part.

I'm thinking it would be more like 132,000km seeing that no one of sound mind would drive a low-mileage GS from Adelaide to Goulburn. [Edit: we are talking about a CitroŽnthusiast here, so...]The wear on the gear-stick and pedals hint at this, as does the after-market wiper arms. I guess it could all be answered by its caretaker as suggested.

One thing I don't quite get is why so many GSs around Australia have GSA grilles like this car?

Aside from that and the side strips, it looks great.

Idle might do with an adjustment

Not many original GS's left - much like the people who want them.

PS: the big question is, DOES THE CLOCK WORK?
    1972 SM
    1989 BX 16 Valve

So many of them have GSA grilles because they were what was being sold by spare parts around the time most original grilles were becoming very brittle at their mounting points, just as so many AXs now wear the series 2 bonnets, when series 2 AXs were never sold here. It's just a matter of what's in the parts catalogue at the time.

ps but where did that red steering wheel badge come from - looks vaguely BX Tri?

I had hopes of spotting this car in Goulburn when I passed through a few years ago, when it had also been advertised online.
    Bruce H

Now 99 Xantia SX x2; 96 Xantia SX; 76 GS Club Estate x2; 76 GS Club; 74 GS Club; 88 VW T3 Reimo
    Before: AX Gti; BX 19TRi Estate; CX 2200 Super & Pallas; CX2400 Pallas; CX 2400ie Prestige auto; DS3 DStyle; GS Pallas; GSA Club; Xantia Image Estate; Xantia Exclusive; Xsara VTR R4; 1.4 Special Estate; Virage; R16TS

Contact for the Australian Citroen GS GSA and Birotor Register http://australiancitroengsgsaandbiro...com/index.html

When looking at the insignia on the steering wheel, it made me wonder when the plastic chevron badge was introduced on the spoke. Something tells me this happened when the wheels changed to the slotted rims....

Yes, the grilles (especially the grey plastic ones) are exceptionally brittle around the mounting points!
    1972 SM
    1989 BX 16 Valve

UFO

Here's a scary thought richo. My grandmother's family is also from around Goulburn/Lake Bathurst. We could be distantly related!
    Craig K
    2009 C5 HDi Exclusive

Now I am really scared Craig.

Last edited by richo; 16th May 2012 at 11:13 AM.

I have just noticed that the bonnet sits high at the rear! Has this car been in a front ender at any time? Other wise it looks amazing. Much better than my mum's 72.
    Cheers Gerry

Fellow Frogger!

Leconte and I were talking about this. But no reply from calls or texts to the vendor over last weekend and the listing is now off Car Sales.

I'l take a wild guess and say it's a done deal.
    Somebody invested wisely in a rarely available example.

Default Goulbourn GS

no argument here cannot understand what all the chat was about it is a great buy. to who ever bought the car safe and pleasant motoring and i hope i get to see it in the flesh.

Thread Information