Citroen Bus
  • Register
  • Help

Thread: Citroen Bus

Fellow Frogger! Inspector Clouseau's Avatar

Default Citroen Bus

SHMBO recently agreed to the purchase of a DS Safari. In fact, she even found the car and negotiated the purchase! Mind you, I wasn't resistant. The occasion was a significant birthday of yours truly. Last night I showed her the photo below from a link recently posted on Aussiefrogs. She has now agreed to me/us purchasing one if I make it through another decade. First thing to know is: what exactly is it? Then I just have to live long enough, have the money, and find one for sale. Minor details really! Anyone know what this bus is?

Advertisement
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Citroen Bus-img_0688.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by Inspector Clouseau View Post
    SHMBO recently agreed to the purchase of a DS Safari. In fact, she even found the car and negotiated the purchase! Mind you, I wasn't resistant. The occasion was a significant birthday of yours truly. Last night I showed her the photo below from a link recently posted on Aussiefrogs. She has now agreed to me/us purchasing one if I make it through another decade. First thing to know is: what exactly is it? Then I just have to live long enough, have the money, and find one for sale. Minor details really! Anyone know what this bus is?
    All I know is , that it has Dutch number plates.

The website below shows an example listed as a Citroen Type U23 (1947)

http://mulhousejycrois.xooit.com/t20...us-Citroen.htm

Or maybe you would like something a little larger and futuristic like a Citroen U55 Cityrama ?

http://autouniversum.wordpress.com/2...rrus-cityrama/
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Citroen Bus-citroen-type-u23.jpg   Citroen Bus-citroencityrama_resized.jpg  
    Michael
    Member, Citroen Car Club NSW

DS23 Pallas 5 sp. "Francoise" , BX19TRi Auto "Jacques Dutronc" , Teardrop Trailer "The Toad", BMW R65 "Rosamund"
    In the past: Renault 750, Dauphine, R4, R8, R10, Peugeot 504 Familiale, ID 19 (x2), Safari (x2)

Fellow Frogger! Inspector Clouseau's Avatar

Thanks Michael. The new version just doesn't have the charm and character of the older bus. Way of the world....including, sadly, French cars in general.

Quote Originally Posted by Inspector Clouseau View Post
    Thanks Michael. The new version just doesn't have the charm and character of the older bus. Way of the world....including, sadly, French cars in general.
    "New" version? It is a contemporary of your Safari, built some time in the fifties! It is interesting that Citroen utilised some of their hydropneumatic technology on the bigger commercial vehicles including the high pressure braking systems.

But I agree that earlier post war bus is a stunner.
    Last edited by michaelr; 9th May 2012 at 05:36 PM.
    Michael
    Member, Citroen Car Club NSW

DS23 Pallas 5 sp. "Francoise" , BX19TRi Auto "Jacques Dutronc" , Teardrop Trailer "The Toad", BMW R65 "Rosamund"
    In the past: Renault 750, Dauphine, R4, R8, R10, Peugeot 504 Familiale, ID 19 (x2), Safari (x2)

The bus was cute. Its a type U23 from 1936
    If you search google for Citromobile bus, you'll find it.

Citromobile always turns up weird and wonderful vehicles.

Darrin keeps sending links to Belphegor trucks...I think he may have one on his shopping list. (Slightly more modern than the bus, and ever so useful apparently).

Cheers
    Kris
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Citroen Bus-122_2293.jpg  

Thread Information