A buffet of Citroens
  • Help
    Fellow Frogger!

Default A buffet of Citroens

Has anyone had a little surf of car sales recently?

There has to be a dozen D's listed, and last night there were 4 2cvs. There are two cx2500's and several other cars, including 3 bx's.

It is the D that interests me at present.

There are several superb ones including a light blue one on the central coast for thirty grand, but the seats are white and have matching blue sides.

There is a gorgeous ID for sale in Victoria, and it even is listed as ID19, not D which is surprising.

My old favorite red cheapy at Rozelle is still there, and the price has got up a few hundred dollars from $5500 to $5660.

Quite a few D's in the mid teen bracket too with great choice.

A lovely one at $9500 at Balgowlah in Sydney, which is beige that has had an engine rebuild, which looks like a good buy.

Advertisement

A stunning silver one in Victoria too at $12990 which I love the look of.

I would not want to be trying to sell one at the present moment, but for a buyer it has to be a smorgasbord of Citroens.

Chris Mortimer

Quote Originally Posted by qmusic View Post

There has to be a dozen D's listed, and last night there were 4 2cvs. There are two cx2500's and several other cars, including 3 bx's.

There are several superb ones including a light blue one on the central coast for thirty grand, but the seats are white and have matching blue sides.

There is a gorgeous ID for sale in Victoria, and it even is listed as ID19, not D which is surprising.

My old favorite red cheapy at Rozelle is still there, and the price has got up a few hundred dollars from $5500 to $5660.

A lovely one at $9500 at Balgowlah in Sydney, which is beige that has had an engine rebuild, which looks like a good buy.

I would not want to be trying to sell one at the present moment, but for a buyer it has to be a smorgasbord of Citroens.

Chris Mortimer
    It is more like a banquet!

and 2 deloreans
    1980 CX2400
    2000 Xantia Wagon

Real cars have hydraulics DoubleChevron's Avatar

Chris Mortimer
    The silver one in victoria looks like every single picture in the advert has been heavily "improved" using photoshop It could be a good car though It just seems suss to see the pictures so obviously messed with.

Where abouts is the "ID" for sale ?

seeya,
    Shane L.
    'Cit' homepage:
    Citroen Workshop
    Proper cars--
    '85 Series II CX2500 GTi Turbo I
    '63 ID19 http://www.aussiefrogs.com/forum/citro%EBn-forum/90325-best-project-car-you-have-ever-seen.html
    '72 DS21 ie 5spd pallas (last looked at ... about 15years ago)
    '78 GS1220 pallas
    '92 Range Rover Classic ... 5spd manual.

Yay ... No Slugomatics

Modern Junk:
    '07 Poogoe 407 HDi 6spd manual

Default Carsales?

Quote Originally Posted by DoubleChevron View Post
    The silver one in victoria looks like every single picture in the advert has been heavily "improved" using photoshop It could be a good car though It just seems suss to see the pictures so obviously messed with.

Where abouts is the "ID" for sale ?

seeya,
    Shane L.
    The ID is in Carsales , I think.

I think we're talking about the first nose ID that's been heavily Frankensteined (don't want to comment further) and the photoshopped D very very Special that used to be Harrison Citroen's old car if I'm not deceived.
    1972 SM
    1989 BX 16 Valve

Fellow Frogger!

Without crueling the owner's atttempt to sell the vehicle, does anybody know the DS23 five speed EFI in Victoria on carsales?

AM

Fellow Frogger!

Default Ds

Shane, it was the ID19 Parisienne in white, appears in the search menu.

There is a beautiful light blue D on the Central Coast, and it has had bare metal respray, full new interior and headlining and looks amazing, but the seats are interesting and I have not seen like this before.

That CX at Continental looks like a good by at five grand drive away too.

The little 2cv Charleston appears to be a good buy, but I don't know what it is about that model, they look shabby very easily. At that price it is a great buy, but maybe it is the dark colours with a few stone chips and they look a bit battle scarred.

If I hadn't just spent between 13 and 14 grand on my 2cv, one of those DS's would be heading home with me right now

Chris Mortimer

I'd be half tempted by Donat's CX at $2.5k...!
    2005 Renault Clio 182 Cup

2011 Renault Megane 250 Cup Trophee - Sold

1997 Peugeot 406 2.0 Manual - On Loan

2004 Citroen C3 1.4 80th Anniversary (RIP)

Now go make me a sandwich Hotrodelectric's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Stuart Dammery View Post
    and 2 deloreans
    Yah, but the DeLoreans are struggling to get back to the future. The Citroens are already there.
    The measure of your character isn't what you do when people are watching- it's what you do when they aren't watching.

Quote Originally Posted by STALLED View Post
    I'd be half tempted by Donat's CX at $2.5k...!
    I'm certainly not going to stop you. Prix ŗ dťbattre as the French say.

If I get no excitement from here, then it too will join the pre-BX classics on Carsales.
    1972 SM
    1989 BX 16 Valve

Quote Originally Posted by donat View Post
    I think we're talking about the first nose ID that's been heavily Frankensteined (don't want to comment further) and the photoshopped D very very Special that used to be Harrison Citroen's old car if I'm not deceived.
    Found it ... that's a fabulous looking car. If it's rust free it would be a winner. Sure the late DS pallas interior and roof surround may not be everyones cuppa tea..... But gee's, that's one tidy looking 1st nose slough car. LHM conversion and power steering is an immense bonus (you could paint that black and it would almost be invisble). The fan forced demister has been fitted from a late car too.

seeya,
    Shane L.
    'Cit' homepage:
    Citroen Workshop
    Proper cars--
    '63 ID19 http://www.aussiefrogs.com/forum/showthread.php?t=90325
    '78 GS1220 pallas

Yay ... No Slugomatics

Modern Junk:

Shane, the ID looks like an Aussie Parisienne (just) - almost dead certain that it's not Slough. The front bumper is the dead give away. I think maybe the woodgrain dash has thrown your scent off?

At what point did D's have rubber strips along the bumper bar...?
    1972 SM
    1989 BX 16 Valve

Thank God for my Hydroen harrisson_citroen's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by donat View Post
    and the photoshopped D very very Special that used to be Harrison Citroen's old car if I'm not deceived.

Yes used to be mine. There should be nothing wrong with this car, I reckon it's a good buy.
    I maybe wrong but I don't even think it is photoshop-ed. The paint on this car was absolutely phenomenal in finish and quality.
    I wish I could find a painter like that again!
    The car had been looked after by DS motors for a long time, and actually I miss it.
    DS Un jour, DS toujours !

DS23 IE Pallas Automatique Borg Warner
    C5 X7 163 Exclusive Automatique AM6
    C3 II 2010 Automatique AL4
    Peugeot Boxer Van hired from T.....y, that was manual!
    and bloody good too!

Talking about old cars that come up that you used to own, one of those D's I was apparently the second owner. That is the beige white D special someone said for sale in Balgowlah for $9500. I got it only a few years ago for under $6K and sold it for not much more. I've never had a Cit with such excellent hydraulics, I took it to the Brissie french car day one year and hours after parking it was the only D that hadn't sunk. Beautiful car but there is rust hidden that isn't major but needs a look...I'm surprised the engine had a rebuild actually because it was in faultless condition when I owned it, not worn out in any way just a clogged radiator which I had fixed before driving it to the buyer in Sydney. I really shouldn't have sold it and now it is just beyond budget.

Quote Originally Posted by harrisson_citroen View Post
    Yes used to be mine. There should be nothing wrong with this car, I reckon it's a good buy.
    I maybe wrong but I don't even think it is photoshop-ed. The paint on this car was absolutely phenomenal in finish and quality.
    I wish I could find a painter like that again!
    The car had been looked after by DS motors for a long time, and actually I miss it.
    That's what I noticed too. The bodywork on it looks fabulous, is not just the paint, the panel fit must be brilliant. White will show poor panel fit more than any other colour. Much better than 99% of the D's out there. It's been modified from standard, but done very nicely. You wouldn't buy it if you wanted an original car. If you wanted a nice ID to drive..... What more could you ask for

seeya,
    Shane L.
    'Cit' homepage:
    Citroen Workshop
    Proper cars--
    '78 GS1220 pallas

Yay ... No Slugomatics

Modern Junk:

Quote Originally Posted by harrisson_citroen View Post
    The car had been looked after by DS motors for a long time
    To me that speaks volumes, after having bought a DS from Melbourne and having almost everything under the bonnet inside out and upside down with the bills outlining each idiotic step taken. I'm no expert in the field of mechanics, but I know a what a DS engine bay should look like and what goes where. It's of no surprise that so many Victorian D owners are DIY savvy. Seems like there's little choice.

There's no shortcuts with Lance. I wouldn't have bought my ID had it not been looked after Lance for decades. A D should be more like a pleasure pit, not a money pit!

And yes, having seen Harrison's D at an FCD a few years back, the paintwork made mine look like orange peels by comparison.
    1972 SM
    1989 BX 16 Valve

That ID19 is gorgeous. Would be tempting if I didn't still live in Europe... and didn't already have a DS I can't sell...

It's not only those cars... Just look at the CX for sale in the forum here too. That one in Canberra..... $6500 Bugger me, if I was in the market for a CX I'd jump on a plane and drive it home tomorrow. You just don't see CX's of that caliber come up ..... Not ever. That prestige of richo's I would have bought site unseen if something had happened to my CX ..... For years I've only seen mediocre junk for sale, and suddenly there is several good cars for sale for little money. The ones Donat and UFO have for sale are a cut above the rest too.

seeya,
    Shane L.
    'Cit' homepage:
    Citroen Workshop
    Proper cars--
    '78 GS1220 pallas

Yay ... No Slugomatics

Modern Junk:

I just had a look at the photos of the CX Shane was talking about.

Far out!!

It walks all over the '85 GTi I had, and I thought I had something nice.

To paraphrase Lloyd Bridges in Flying High (aka Airplane), "Looks like I picked the wrong week to sell a CX"
    1972 SM
    1989 BX 16 Valve

Now there are 5 2CV's on Carsales!

DS

We are all doing what we all no doubt hate, tyre kicking.

I know several of the cars listed and its always fun reading the descriptions. I see things I don't believe and I read things I don't believe!
    Citroen Car Club of New South Wales member.

My Citroen ID21F can be seen here http://www.flickr.com/photos/frontdr...7605999522616/

Fellow Frogger!

Default One one.....

The silver D in Victoria was also on Aussie Frogs, but sold as of a short while ago.

That was a very attractive car and a good buy.

There are still quite a few to choose from, including another silver one on Aussie Frogs.

Chris Mortimer

The silver D in Victoria was also on Aussie Frogs, but sold as of a short while ago.

That was a very attractive car and a good buy.

There are still quite a few to choose from, including another silver one on Aussie Frogs.

Chris Mortimer
    I notice you keep coming back to that red DS/ID Do you understand how simple, nigh on impossibly easy it is to change the colour on a DS .... There is no doorways to paint, no underbonnet, no boot area. If it's a flat colour you can whip a panel off the car one at a time and paint them in a garden shed

If you buy a much better car than that red one, you could just give the body panels a good scuff, and spray your new colour on. It really would be that simple

I'm looking forward to painting my fathers DS23. I've never seen a metalic gold DS with good quality paint. I'd be interested to see what a concours gold finish is like. You could paint for example the undertray first. If the colour sucks, you could go find a similar gold colour (like is on Donats CX) and paint it that gold. no-one except you would know it's the wrong (but much nicer shade) of gold.

seeya,
    Shane L.
    'Cit' homepage:
    Citroen Workshop
    Proper cars--
    '78 GS1220 pallas

Yay ... No Slugomatics

Modern Junk:

Fellow Frogger!

Default Red I'd

Shane, thanks for the reply.

I am a rescuer by nature and the red car still appeals to me greatly.

But over the last few months, particularly at present, I can see the benefits of purchasing at the finished end.

Like an unrenovated old terrace, you get it cheap, but it is the cost to fix that is a grey area, and the figures I have been quoted start at ten grand for a respray, not to mention rust and body repairs.

Then the interior and roof. The door trim, and that is just the start.

If the car could be purchased cheap, and twenty grand spent, I think it would be worth considering.

But for me, not great with mechanics and bodies, that would be double.

I can see the red car ending up as a parts car, and the guy selling must surely be considering.

To me, a red Id would be relatively simple in the techno department, look great with new black roof and sunroof, and tan trim. It would have to go reliably, and the cost of all this together is anyone's guess.

When I got my 2cv, it was a cosmetic wreck. Four flat tyres, smoke pouring out on start up, rusty bonnet, scuffed and dented rear mudguards, tired interior, unserviced engine, holes in roof, and generally tired. The optimist saw the good chassis, and the engine was good, good colour scheme, and now after 15 years, an initial respray and some minor costs mic work, it is a tidy car.

That red Id is in the same category, and like many reading this, can be bought now because it is cheap. The 2cv is a simple car to fix up, but these cars aren't. Getting the body straight is a challenge. The mechanics an even greater challenge. Then a full interior.....and a roof.

If the car was free, maybe perhaps. But having to do the lot and buy the car is scary.

At the end, it would be a beauty.

But as so many say, getone that some other poor bastard has made the loss on.

Yes, but it wouldn't quite be as good as the car you admire at first, like this one.

Shall continue to deliberate for the moment I think, but it has been an interesting week of D's on car sales, with amazing choice.

By the way, my 2cv is pretty well done and tidy, as best I can achieve at present.

It was relatively cheap to restore, but a huge amount went in to getting body right, then interior, and mechanicals. It is a different car these days and so much fun to drive, especially with the roof down on a warm Sydney day.

I adore it.

Chris Mortimer

Thread Information