Citroen C5 Series1Workshop Manuals....
  • Help

Default Citroen C5 Series1Workshop Manuals....

Haynes or Factory?

Yesterday, a Haynes manual arrived for a C5. Couple of weeks via post.
    It looked like it covered most things, yet made no mention of the V6 engine.
    Very comprehensive when it came to the 2.0l diesel and 2.0l petrol.
    Oh well, not a huge loss, it should be in Greenbloods hands this morning. He owns a diesel.

Today, from the UK arrived a 15kg package containing the Citroen Factory manual set for the C5 in English, on paper. A very rare publication. They were shipped last Thursday, thanks Darrin from Citroen Classics.
    Incredibly comprehensive, in six volumes, yet, only a small portion on the V6.
    They must be an engine without a problem. Fingers crossed.
    Perhaps it is because the engine was used by both Peugeot and Renault. Dunno.

Advertisement

There is an entire volume devoted to RHD wiring diagrams. Covering the first models only!
    Another tome is Lexia and Diagnostics, exhaustingly comprehensive, at my initial glance.

As a paper manual aficionado I feel very secure among those six huge volumes which are bigger than anything produced for the D Series with which I am familiar.

I do have the manuals in electronic versions, as well as on the Lexia.
    The written or printed word has a warm secure feeling to me.

Real cars have hydraulics DoubleChevron's Avatar

I didn't realise you had another C5. I can't help feeling the V6 with the AM6 gearbox would be a more satisfying drive than the diesel/Al4 combinations (I've only ever driven one for a very short time). Seemed quite nice and had adequate performance.

seeya,
    Shane L.
    'Cit' homepage:
    Citroen Workshop
    Proper cars--
    '85 Series II CX2500 GTi Turbo I
    '63 ID19 http://www.aussiefrogs.com/forum/citro%EBn-forum/90325-best-project-car-you-have-ever-seen.html
    '72 DS21 ie 5spd pallas (last looked at ... about 15years ago)
    '78 GS1220 pallas
    '92 Range Rover Classic ... 5spd manual.

Yay ... No Slugomatics

Modern Junk:
    '07 Poogoe 407 HDi 6spd manual

Icon12

Quote Originally Posted by richo View Post
    Haynes or Factory?

Oh well, not a huge loss, it should be in Greenbloods hands this morning. He owns a diesel.
    I know it's not blokie to refer to manuals but it will look good on the bookshelf

Thanks Richo, Aus Post must be running late I had to wait until this afternoon...

BTW, have you told us how much you like the C5?

Cheers
    Chris
    74 D(very Special) >>Rejuvenation Thread<<
    08 C5 X7 HDi very Noir

"Dťesse" Roland Barthes, 'Mythologies', 1957

The Dťesse has all the characteristics of one of those objects fallen from another universe that fed the mania for novelty in the eighteenth century and a similar mania expressed by modern science fiction: the Dťesse is first and foremost the new Nautilus.

(Umberto Eco [Ed], The History of Beauty, Rizzoli, NY, 2004)

Hi Froggers,

For those who are interested, the Haynes C5 Manual does cover the RHR engine and AM6 gearbox that were fitted to the first shipments of the C5 X7 series as well. I am finding mine very handy as I learn how to do the routine servicing for these bits on my unit.

Cheers,

Ken W

I think the XM factory manual was 11 volumes, the Xantia about 6 and the BX 4. All these much weightier tomes than for the CX or D. How they fit the C5 into 6 volumes I don't know but my guess is they are very thick.

Just shows you a car that we used to think was fiendishly complicated (CX) is now a simple fix at the side of the road type of vehicle
    Mine

CX Prestige
    Toyota Prius

In the family

Xantia SX

Greg,
    Those 6 volumes weigh in at 15kg, they only really cover the first year or so of the C5, only for the RHD market.
    You should see the wiring diagrams volume, scair-ree!
    Last edited by richo; 4th April 2012 at 12:24 PM. Reason: BTW, have I mentioned how much I enjoy driving the C5?

Icon6 Tricky

VERY THIN PAPER
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg C View Post
    I think the XM factory manual was 11 volumes, the Xantia about 6 and the BX 4. All these much weightier tomes than for the CX or D. How they fit the C5 into 6 volumes I don't know but my guess is they are very thick.

Just shows you a car that we used to think was fiendishly complicated (CX) is now a simple fix at the side of the road type of vehicle
    BX 16v 89, I Renault Floride 62, Volvo P1800 68, Aston Martin DB6 68, Daimler 250V8 68, Jaguar XJC 76, Falcon Ute XL 62, Falcon Ute XY 4WD, Jeep Grand Larado 03, Mazda 6 Wagon 05, inter 483 tractor 86, makita cordless drill CX TURBO its dented D Special 1 62 ID192000 Xantia V6 2000 Cadillac STS stolen by the princess,KANGA 720DL LOADER

OK, what we do for the V6 stuff?
    Given that the motor was shared with Pug, maybe there is a 406 manual that would help?
    I got a Haynes, and it gives me the basics on the rest of the car.
    Any ideas on the V6?
    ------------------
    Michael T
    2013 DS4
    1977 CX 2400 Pallas
    1974 GS 1220 Sedan
    1958 ID19 (Slough)

As I previously posted, there's not a great deal in the factory printed manuals either.
    Admittedly, they do seem to be an engine which gives little if any trouble, according to those I've asked and achival searching of other CitroŽn fora and mailing lists.

Curious lack of information via CitroŽn....

Thread Information