citroen ax owners info for you
  • Help
    Tadpole

Default citroen ax owners info for you

after reading through the forum before joining i noticed their is a few citroen ax owners on here. I also discovered that they seemed to have Air con standard.

If any of you members need spare parts and you didnt know it i would look at the proto tiara in malaysia as proton bought the tooling for the 5 door ax and sold it with air con as standard in 1.1 and 1.4 guises.

Advertisement

Aircon in europe is as rare as rocking horse poo. Also probaly shipping parts from malaysia would be quite easy compared to europe.

Fellow Frogger!

Thanks for that info..I dont have an AX, but a google image search revealed what may be a gold mine for certain AX parts for owners both here and O/S..

Do you know what power train they used...were they PSA or is it Mitsubishi which is usually what proton use..??

Quote Originally Posted by 2bxornot2bx View Post
    Thanks for that info..I dont have an AX, but a google image search revealed what may be a gold mine for certain AX parts for owners both here and O/S..

Do you know what power train they used...were they PSA or is it Mitsubishi which is usually what proton use..??
    Peugeot 106 was it not?
    JohnW

Renault 4CV 1950 (R1062)
    Renault R8 1965 (R1130)
    Renault Scenic Series II 2005 (wife's)
    Renault Scenic Series II 2006 (daughter's)
    Renault Scenic Series II 2007 (mine)

CitroŽn CX Pallas 1980 (moved on to new custodian)

National Co-ordinator, Renault 4CV Register of Australia

Tadpole

I have two AX GT's...both 5 doors and with consecutive VIN numbers! The first one I purchased as a demonstrator back in 1992 from the old City Citroen in William Street Sydney. I drove it without any major issues until I had to sell it when I went overseas. I found the same car in 2009 on e-bay near Melbourne. It still had it original books and all the receipts I had collected for work done in my ownership. The original owners manual still has my name in it.

Sadly the car is in a very sad state at the moment and will be a long term restoration. Funny enough I purchased the second one off e-bay as well...mainly for parts. However it is in quite good original condition and so I decided to clean it up as best as I could (there was a rather large dog living in it from the bloke I purchased it from!!!) and it is now fully registered and my daily driver to the station and back. Most parts are not a problem, however I would love to obtain an original un-cracked dashboard and an original gear change knob with red insert. The interior has cleaned up quite nicely after much work and effort and there is very little ware and tare.

My wife is not a big fan of either of my "hobby" cars and would like to see them gone. I however love to drive that little machine.

If anyone has any knowledge of any GT parts please let me know!

Tadpole

Quote Originally Posted by 2bxornot2bx View Post

it was all PSA to my knowledge.

Tadpole

Quote Originally Posted by JohnW View Post
    Peugeot 106 was it not?
    no it the proton tiara is pretty much an ax gt underneather with 5 doors. Either the 1.1 spi lump or the 1.5 spi lump

I think they only used 3 stud suspension setup but i have seen a couple on 4 stud but that could of came from a Citroen saxo or a pug 106

Tadpole

I could probaly help out with obtaining parts. I have extensive access through the AXOC in the uk and mates who either convert them to 16v or break them for parts.

Thread Information