2012 French Day
  • Help

Thread: 2012 French Day

Default 2012 French Day

The rain stayed away, some beautiful cars. I wasn't really there to take pics, but, I did get a few. Probably can't tell from these pics, but, there was a great turn out, well done to the organisers. The band was an unexpected bonus!

Advertisement
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2012 French Day-img_7548.jpg   2012 French Day-img_7550.jpg   2012 French Day-img_7552.jpg   2012 French Day-img_7553.jpg   2012 French Day-img_7558.jpg   2012 French Day-img_7562.jpg  

2012 French Day-img_7566.jpg   2012 French Day-img_7567.jpg   2012 French Day-img_7568.jpg  

Default one more

when i got home i gave her a quick clean.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2012 French Day-home-5.jpg   2012 French Day-home-6.jpg   2012 French Day-home-1.jpg  

andre... some spectacular photography there... very bloody nice...
    May I ask... you obviously have some talent... what kind of camera do you use?

Thanks for the piccies...

dino

Icon12

Quote Originally Posted by mberry View Post
    when i got home i gave her a quick clean.
    Sensational!! nice shots Michael

Quote Originally Posted by andrepug View Post
    Thank you for going to so much trouble, some really top shots and nicely catalogued by year/marque ect.

Cheers
    Chris
    74 D(very Special) >>Rejuvenation Thread<<
    08 C5 X7 HDi very Noir

"Déesse" Roland Barthes, 'Mythologies', 1957

The Déesse has all the characteristics of one of those objects fallen from another universe that fed the mania for novelty in the eighteenth century and a similar mania expressed by modern science fiction: the Déesse is first and foremost the new Nautilus.

(Umberto Eco [Ed], The History of Beauty, Rizzoli, NY, 2004)

Dino, a Nikon D700 full frame with 28-300mm VR lens but there are lots of great cameras out there.

Quote Originally Posted by andrepug View Post
    Dino, a Nikon D700 full frame with 28-300mm VR lens but there are lots of great cameras out there.
    Holly crap, mother of god.... I just looked at the cost of that thing... and almost fell out of my chair... I ve bought cars cheaper than that... nice piece of gear... but way out of my league....

dino

A very compact Canon S100 ($500) will get you nice images but does not have the tele reach.

Default Pics

Yep, I'll second that, some brilliant pictures, thank you!

Icon6

Quote Originally Posted by dino View Post
    andre... some spectacular photography there... very bloody nice...
    May I ask... you obviously have some talent... what kind of camera do you use?
    Thanks for the piccies...
    dino
    G'day,
    just as guns don't kill people, camera don't make wonderful images.

It is the person pressing the button.

I agree, they are excellent photos.
    regards,
    Les W.

206 GTi 180
    the stealth Pug
    Did I do anything last night that suggested I was sane?

Fellow Frogger!

Default Fcf 2012

Well for all those people who noticed that the Tractions and other classic Citroens did not attend the event this year - please note that CCOCA did not shun this event by choice.

It appears that the President of CCCV did not bother to invite CCOCA this year. This is quite an insult but please rest assured CCOCA will want to attend and assist the event next year.

I would appreciate a public reply from Mr Decker

Hawk

I did notice the 'missing' but wasn't game to ask why. Sometimes things have to be sorted out of the public gaze.....
    Hawk can you set up a stand for next year? This would also go to other companies that are French inclined.

Quote Originally Posted by hawk View Post
    Well for all those people who noticed that the Tractions and other classic Citroens did not attend the event this year - please note that CCOCA did not shun this event by choice.

It appears that the President of CCCV did not bother to invite CCOCA this year. This is quite an insult but please rest assured CCOCA will want to attend and assist the event next year.

I would appreciate a public reply from Mr Decker

Hawk
    Ted,
    May I suggest that that proper approach would have been to make contact with the CCCV yourself and then publicise the event within the CCOCA framework. A large attendance speaks volumes for the enthusiasm of a club. This would have been achievable had appropriate action been taken.
    I am very tired of the sniping that still persists between CCOCA and CCCV. It is long past time that it was ended. May I remind you that it was I who came up with the idea of forming a Classic Register in the first place and that it was the antagonistic attitudes of people that caused the CCCV to split into two the separate entities. It causes me pain to this day to see that people still do not co-operate with each other.

Gerald Propsting

Fellow Frogger!

Hi Gerry,
    thanks for your response.

The point is CCOCA was not aware of the event details.

This is the sad point of my email.

We were not in the loop.

Hawk

Quote Originally Posted by hawk View Post
    Hi Gerry,
    thanks for your response.

The point is CCOCA was not aware of the event details.

This is the sad point of my email.

We were not in the loop.

Hawk
    Why not?
    It is an event that is on every year at this time! It takes both parties to be responsible for communication. Let us all hope that you and Peter can work this out!
    Cheers Gerry

Hi everyone, just wanted to put my 2c out there & say a big thankyou to the organisers & participants for setting the day up. For someone very new to all things Citroen, it's a continuing thrill to be able to see these great cars first hand, and chat to people with a lot more experience but the same passion that I have for my car.

This was only the second such day we've gone to, and while it's great to see the other cars (while I do like the 2CVs & SMs - I hope no-one takes offense, but I only have eyes for the DS), it's just great to be able to stand & admire & chat.

My car has a long way to go, but I can't wait to take her for a drive, and I look forward to the day when we can take part in such club days too!

ali

PS: I also took lots of photos (be forewarned, mostly of the DSs) I will post a few later.

Fellow Frogger!

Default Let's go to Flemington

I love owning and driving old cars. Being part of a Citroen club outing doesn't give me the same enjoyment as a being part of a group driving pre-1975 cars. I really crave for a club that focuses on the older Citroens. I've been close to joining "that alternative" club a number of times through the years but the enthusiasm it has for any Citroen to join them on their outings, just confirms that it's not the club for me. So --- it's me, not the clubs I blame. The members enjoy themselves socially and are satisfied with the the activities that are offered. I admire the good work the committee members contribute, to make the clubs successful. More and more these days I seek out the "Classic Car Shows". I'm surrounded by cars built in the pre '75 years. and the Citroen I take along is much appreciated by the diverse public that come along. So it's fun! My brother John and I will be driving a couple of Tractions to the All British and European Day at Flemington on the 29th April. We'll certainly give the public something to think about! Why don't you join us? Michael

Default Another PICs from French Car FEST

I have spoken to Peter about my ID19 He thinks to get RWC, it is better to take it to people who know about Citroen. He recommended one place in Dandenong way = very far
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2012 French Day-contactsheet-001.jpg  

Real cars have hydraulics DoubleChevron's Avatar

Have you tried a club that will inspect the car for club rego rather than a roadworthy there is someone I can recommend in ballarat if that's not as far away ( Roy Littlehales at Romar Motors). He's not scared of "different" cars.

http://www.abc.net.au/local/stories/...15/2598695.htm

seeya,
    Shane L.
    'Cit' homepage:
    Citroen Workshop
    Proper cars--
    '85 Series II CX2500 GTi Turbo I
    '63 ID19 http://www.aussiefrogs.com/forum/citro%EBn-forum/90325-best-project-car-you-have-ever-seen.html
    '72 DS21 ie 5spd pallas (last looked at ... about 15years ago)
    '78 GS1220 pallas
    '92 Range Rover Classic ... 5spd manual.

Yay ... No Slugomatics

Modern Junk:
    '07 Poogoe 407 HDi 6spd manual

Quote Originally Posted by caparobertsan View Post
    I have spoken to Peter about my ID19 He thinks to get RWC, it is better to take it to people who know about Citroen. He recommended one place in Dandenong way = very far
    Whom in Dandenong? I'm local and do they do other French cars?

Quote Originally Posted by bluey504 View Post
    Whom in Dandenong? I'm local and do they do other French cars?
    Robert from Heka Co..

Fellow Frogger!

hi caparobertsan, I recommended 3 different garages for RWC on an early D, one of which is Hekas,

Thread Information