SE Qld wrecker with 90s & 00s Citroens
  • Help

Default SE Qld wrecker with 90s & 00s Citroens

Was at Eagle Wrecking at Stapleton today. Couldn't get what I was looking for, but they have a light green C3, series 2 Xsara in 2 & red 4 door, rear of an otherwise burnt silver series 1 C5, and two series 2 Xantias SX - one red manual with slight front crunch, and a green auto with dead motor (but what looked like a good bonnet). No idea of pricing.

Advertisement
    Bruce H

Now 99 Xantia SX x2; 96 Xantia SX; 76 GS Club Estate x2; 76 GS Club; 74 GS Club; 88 VW T3 Reimo
    Before: AX Gti; BX 19TRi Estate; CX 2200 Super & Pallas; CX2400 Pallas; CX 2400ie Prestige auto; DS3 DStyle; GS Pallas; GSA Club; Xantia Image Estate; Xantia Exclusive; Xsara VTR R4; 1.4 Special Estate; Virage; R16TS

Contact for the Australian Citroen GS GSA and Birotor Register http://australiancitroengsgsaandbiro...com/index.html

was the c3 a manual?

Sorry, it was surrounded by mud so I didn't see inside.
    Bruce H

Now 99 Xantia SX x2; 96 Xantia SX; 76 GS Club Estate x2; 76 GS Club; 74 GS Club; 88 VW T3 Reimo
    Before: AX Gti; BX 19TRi Estate; CX 2200 Super & Pallas; CX2400 Pallas; CX 2400ie Prestige auto; DS3 DStyle; GS Pallas; GSA Club; Xantia Image Estate; Xantia Exclusive; Xsara VTR R4; 1.4 Special Estate; Virage; R16TS

Contact for the Australian Citroen GS GSA and Birotor Register http://australiancitroengsgsaandbiro...com/index.html

just gave em a call, said it's definitely a petrol engine but he's going down to have a look and see if it's a manual, if it is I can finally convert my c2 vtr to a proper box

cheers for the heads up mate

damn it's an auto

oh well, back to looking for a pug gti box

Fellow Frogger

Re the C2. As far as I am aware the gearboxes in the Sensodrive and regular manual are basically the same, but Sensodrive gearboxes have a slightly different case to take the actuators. It may be possible to only fit the manual controls in place of the Sensodrive gear. You would also need to have the car's configuration changed so it knows it's a manual and make sure the car can function without the Sensodrive ECU fitted. It's easier just to trade the car for a regular manual version. They are not especially common, but were certainly sold here.

Edit: Are you trying to sell this car? Re the start problem, the most common reasons for the Sensodrives not cranking are fuse F8 under the bonnet and the stop lamp switch under the brake pedal. Check these before giving up on it or giving it away.
    Last edited by David S; 26th March 2012 at 12:21 PM.

yeah the gearboxes are in fact manuals but very weak compared to the boxes used in the gt or vts variants, with the right parts I can use either a gt or vts ecu with the codes cleared/unlocked so I can do away with the circuitry altogether.

trading it in isn't really an option, if I'm going to own a c2 it's going to be this one as it was my fathers and he left it to me when he passed.

yeah Ive been all through the checks from the c2 forum, but at the end of the day the sensodrive has always been a pain from day one so Ive decided that if I can't sell it, I'll convert it instead.

just need to find a box that will fit.

Thread Information