C5 replacement mirrors
  • Help

Default C5 replacement mirrors

Looking to reduce the left side blind spot on my 2002 C5, and found the following available ex UK.
    Has anyone experience of fitting these replacements from UK:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/CITROEN-C5...item1c1bed548a

Advertisement
    ------------------
    Michael T
    2013 DS4
    1977 CX 2400 Pallas
    1974 GS 1220 Sedan
    1958 ID19 (Slough)

Icon5

Quote Originally Posted by rrturbod View Post
    Looking to reduce the left side blind spot on my 2002 C5, and found the following available ex UK.

Just curious, how will these reduce the left side blind spot, are the mirrors concave giving a wider view?

I've not experienced a problem with ours (mirrors), the blind spot for me is the huge A pillar, I sometimes find myself having to move my head around to be sure nothing is hiding behind the restricted field of view.

Cheers
    Chris
    74 D(very Special) >>Rejuvenation Thread<<
    08 C5 X7 HDi very Noir

"Déesse" Roland Barthes, 'Mythologies', 1957

The Déesse has all the characteristics of one of those objects fallen from another universe that fed the mania for novelty in the eighteenth century and a similar mania expressed by modern science fiction: the Déesse is first and foremost the new Nautilus.

(Umberto Eco [Ed], The History of Beauty, Rizzoli, NY, 2004)

Fellow Frogger!

Yeh I agree, shocking blind spots on the C5. But interested in the mirrors. Caravan towing style perhaps?.

Blind spot seems to be the vehicle beside you, in neighboring lane, about half way up vehicle.
    The mirrors are curved so give you a wide view.
    I taped a broken one from a merc and it exposed the missing vehicles etc. With a couple of drivers, it is a pain readjusting mirrors and a wider view will overcome the problem I think.
    Looking through current euro car models lots seem to have curved left side mirrors, so I thought these UK parts would elegantly help overcome the 'toot' and 'swerve' that does not reflect too well on my otherwise perfect driving style!
    ------------------
    Michael T
    2013 DS4
    1977 CX 2400 Pallas
    1974 GS 1220 Sedan
    1958 ID19 (Slough)

Icon12

Blind spot seems to be the vehicle beside you, in neighboring lane, about half way up vehicle.
    The mirrors are curved so give you a wide view.
    I taped a broken one from a merc and it exposed the missing vehicles etc. With a couple of drivers, it is a pain readjusting mirrors and a wider view will overcome the problem I think.
    Looking through current euro car models lots seem to have curved left side mirrors, so I thought these UK parts would elegantly help overcome the 'toot' and 'swerve' that does not reflect too well on my otherwise perfect driving style!
    Very interesting, so they are curved... might have to investigate - thanks for the tip. They should be quite easy to fit, they look like it is just a clip on arrangement? Let us know how you go if you proceed.

You'll have to tell us more about your '58 ID please

Cheers
    Chris
    74 D(very Special) >>Rejuvenation Thread<<
    08 C5 X7 HDi very Noir

"Déesse" Roland Barthes, 'Mythologies', 1957

The Déesse has all the characteristics of one of those objects fallen from another universe that fed the mania for novelty in the eighteenth century and a similar mania expressed by modern science fiction: the Déesse is first and foremost the new Nautilus.

(Umberto Eco [Ed], The History of Beauty, Rizzoli, NY, 2004)

I've ordered a mirror for the left and another for the right, so will let you know how it works out.
    ------------------
    Michael T
    2013 DS4
    1977 CX 2400 Pallas
    1974 GS 1220 Sedan
    1958 ID19 (Slough)

Received the mirrors, looking at them they are certainly curved.
    Fitted the left mirror ... it is a minuscule improvement, but fairly distorted, so I think I'll put original; back and try one of those little stick on dome mirrors.
    Basically ... unsuccessful
    ------------------
    Michael T
    2013 DS4
    1977 CX 2400 Pallas
    1974 GS 1220 Sedan
    1958 ID19 (Slough)

Interesting.
    My previous C5 had aspheric mirrors and I thought they provided some improvement, not huge, but noticable.

The "new" 2001 exclusive has a pair of the stick on round "dome" type mirrors.
    Initially I thought they were a pain in the bum, losing a reasonable amount of vision by their presence.
    Now, I think they're the answer, for me.

The two problems with the car and standard mirrors have been well described above.
    The dome type stick on jobbies definitely assist in being able to SEE cars just slightly behind you in the next lane.
    They are 75mm in diameter.

The A pillar vision block, well, there's no easy answer other than move your head around, as has been suggested, or drive a D.

BTW, have I mentioned my fondness for the C5?

Hope this helps.

Fellow Frogger!

I put those "fish eye" mirrors on the work van after I suffered a fractured neck in a car accident & couldn't turn my head very far, now I find them essential especially when "merging" & have them on the c5 as well. they cover that 3/4 blind spot perfectly, cheers Dave

Default delivery to Australia

I had a look at the ebay page in the link but it seemed they only deliver to the UK.

What have I missed?

Thread Information