Citroen C4 Picasso - Dead Battery Dramas - Jump start?
  • Help

Default Citroen C4 Picasso - Dead Battery Dramas - Jump start?

So....go to start the froggy van in the morning and ....no joy. It's flashing faulty brake and wont kick over... battery light on.

Haven't renewed the citroen roadside assist, as from what I understand they just contract this out to the RACV.

Well it won't jump start (the local mechanic brought down his jumper lead pack right off the charger) it said something about imobiliser faulty. (eek!)

Advertisement

Marshall's came to swap out the battery but couldn't get it out. The guy said it was the only battery to defeat him in 23 years!

So citroen assist wanted a renewal fee and a callout fee and a battery replacement fee.

Ended up getting the van towed, which involved yanking ou kids seat, deploying towing eyelet, manually unlocking the electronic parking brake (with poky stick through floor well) and manually changing it into neutral (electric automatic gearbox) with some magic under the bonnet.

Will update after the car's trip to Zagame. Hopefully haven't fried any electronics with the jump start attempt.

Thought I'd record this adventure for anyone unluckly enough to get a flat battery in a Citroen C4 Picasso.

I'm very interested in how you go and, further, how to remove the battery if need be. Good luck!

Tadpole

Hi , i have recently replaced the battery in my C4 2l hdi, you must remove the airfilter to allow access to battery, the terminals are a over centre spring type no spanner required.

Tadpole

Have jump started by connecting pos(+) to battery and neg(-) to engine block or body work as negative post unreachable against firewall, didn't damaged anything that i aware of.

So how old is your Picasso and did anyone manage to change the battery?

Thread Information