freedom of the press
  • Help
    Fellow Frogger!

Default freedom of the press

Why is it that every time I need to reply to a post I get cut off, if the adim people have a problem with some respondents slow responce, maybe they just might have disability problem with FINGERS and with other issues, in that case you should advise that this forum is only available to able bodys only, the Admin is so advised I am pissed off, and I apologize for my dissability. and yes I do tick the remember box.

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by scarfjoin View Post
    Why is it that every time I need to reply to a post I get cut off, if the adim people have a problem with some respondents slow responce, maybe they just might have disability problem with FINGERS and with other issues, in that case you should advise that this forum is only available to able bodys only, the Admin is so advised I am pissed off, and I apologize for my dissability. and yes I do tick the remember box.

Ouch.....

Are you running a modern internet service???

Jo

Icon6

Quote Originally Posted by jo proffi View Post
    Ouch.....
    Are you running a modern internet service???
    Jo
    G'day,
    do you mean an electric one, as opposed to a gas fired one ?
    regards,
    Les W.

206 GTi 180
    the stealth Pug
    Did I do anything last night that suggested I was sane?

I only get this problem when I try to do a quick reply without refreshing the page since I last woke the computer up.

Otherwise, all my posts lately seem to have gone up no hitches. I think you may be having problems with your internet provider rather than Aussiefrogs being the problem.

New web server is working much better with optusnet than the last one ever did. Pity about all the lost data tho.

Cheers,

Ken W

Bit of a slow one finger typist myself.
    When i waffle on too much AF gets impatient and times out.
    Overcome this by composing the message in word and then cut and pasting.

Paul

"A straight is merely the distance between corners."

Icon9

I am all but certain the forum has no timeout, I'll look into it.

I would think your issue is more related to your internet service provider and the service they are able to provide - but if you need someone on which to vent your spleen go your hardest...

Cheers
    Chris
    74 D(very Special) >>Rejuvenation Thread<<
    08 C5 X7 HDi very Noir

"Déesse" Roland Barthes, 'Mythologies', 1957

The Déesse has all the characteristics of one of those objects fallen from another universe that fed the mania for novelty in the eighteenth century and a similar mania expressed by modern science fiction: the Déesse is first and foremost the new Nautilus.

(Umberto Eco [Ed], The History of Beauty, Rizzoli, NY, 2004)

1000+ Posts

Icon8 Bl@@dy computer keys jump out at you!!

Can be a problem I notice with larger fingers, and only a few fingers doing the typing you can accidently knock/hit a key that will etherize your reply, sometimes you can hit the escape key or backspace and you might get it back, but nine times out of ten its gone to Aussiefrogs hell in a handbasket.

If you are composing a long post or reply it is easier to do that in your word processor and then cut and paste the text into you A/F post or reply. When you do that, the frog angel never etherizes your posts. Murphy's law I think.

Hope that helps..

we have all learnt by experience.

Ken

Fellow Frogger!

Quote Originally Posted by Kenfuego View Post
    Can be a problem I notice with larger fingers, and only a few fingers doing the typing you can accidently knock/hit a key that will etherize your reply, sometimes you can hit the escape key or backspace and you might get it back, but nine times out of ten its gone to Aussiefrogs hell in a handbasket.

If you are composing a long post or reply it is easier to do that in your word processor and then cut and paste the text into you A/F post or reply. When you do that, the frog angel never etherizes your posts. Murphy's law I think.

Hope that helps..

we have all learnt by experience.

Ken

Good one Ken, I'll do that next time
    Damn site is always telling me to log in when I try to post a long answer, then tells me I can't post this one because I've previously logged in . And getting any response from the back button is damn near a miracle. Go to home then start over, Grrrrrr.

Fellow Frogger!

I dont have any problems uk Citroen and its forum, as for venting my spleen I will go to some expert who is better informed, constructive criticism is another field of getting things fixed.

Tony

Icon3

I dont have any problems uk Citroen and its forum, as for venting my spleen I will go to some expert who is better informed, constructive criticism is another field of getting things fixed.

Tony
    Tony,
    Your initial post expresses your extreme frustration (I shouldn't have made light of it and for that I apologise), but it is misguided in that it aims those frustrations squarely at the administrators of this site.

There is no way the site has been set-up to make your use of the forum any more difficult than it must already be.

I will often start to reply to a post, get distracted and come back to it maybe half an hour or more later without any issues - I know it doesn't help you, but I really don't believe it is an issue at our end.

Please check your browser settings to see if there may be a 'time-out' or 'refresh' option you may be able to adjust?

The advice Ken has given may be an option if you continue to experience problems. Please persevere with us, your input has always been welcome...

Cheers
    Chris
    74 D(very Special) >>Rejuvenation Thread<<
    08 C5 X7 HDi very Noir

"Déesse" Roland Barthes, 'Mythologies', 1957

The Déesse has all the characteristics of one of those objects fallen from another universe that fed the mania for novelty in the eighteenth century and a similar mania expressed by modern science fiction: the Déesse is first and foremost the new Nautilus.

(Umberto Eco [Ed], The History of Beauty, Rizzoli, NY, 2004)

At work I might have a response half composed and minimised for most of the day and can post it later so I don't think there is a problem at Aussiefrogs end. Probably something at your computer or ISP
    Mine

CX Prestige
    Toyota Prius

In the family

Xantia SX

Thread Information