Safari in NSW carpoint
  • Help

Default Safari in NSW carpoint

Does anyone have a view about this Safari on car point at the moment?

http://www.carpoint.com.au/all-cars/...7620&silo=1011

Advertisement

I'm semi-interested in taking a flight to see it but if anyone else has had a look I'd be interested in your opinion, without being disrespectful to the owner.

Haven't seen this car but I believe it is/has just been purchased and is going to Tassie. I'm expecting the car & driver to overnight at my place in Melbourne tomorrow night.
    83 2CV Charleston

79 GSA
    01 Renault Scenic

I've just noticed, ntr, that you're from Tassie too. No doubt you'll get to see it in the flesh without taking a flight. I'll report back tomorrow night.
    83 2CV Charleston

79 GSA
    01 Renault Scenic

That's great news thanks

Default ds safari

well i didnt buy it as it was not very good when i got there

i had talked to the mechanics at european auto care in sydney who have worked on it, they said it was rust free, mechanically very good, needed cosmetic work

so i flew to sydney and when i got there the car has huge holes of rust in roof rails, rust all the way around the roof, front pillars are nearly rusted threw, door seals have fallen of from the rust, boot floor had 4 inchs of water in it, front sill had a hugh rust holes, all carpets and under lay we drenched, engine only ran on three cylinders even though it had 123 ignition, bottom of door pillars very no long there and the rest well you could imagine

so i bought a very nice cx 2400 gti 5 speed instead and have just arrived home, and i must say the cx is a very nice car to drive and very under rated

Quote Originally Posted by Balki View Post
    well i didnt buy it as it was not very good when i got there

i had talked to the mechanics at european auto care in sydney who have worked on it, they said it was rust free, mechanically very good, needed cosmetic work

so i flew to sydney and when i got there the car has huge holes of rust in roof rails, rust all the way around the roof, front pillars are nearly rusted threw, door seals have fallen of from the rust, boot floor had 4 inchs of water in it, front sill had a hugh rust holes, all carpets and under lay we drenched, engine only ran on three cylinders even though it had 123 ignition, bottom of door pillars very no long there and the rest well you could imagine

so i bought a very nice cx 2400 gti 5 speed instead and have just arrived home, and i must say the cx is a very nice car to drive and very under rated
    Did you also take note of the hideous painted yellow header tank and the air cleaner,what were they thinking?. Amazing how many so called "rust free" cars turn out to be "rust buckets" on closer inspection. Just imagine the hidden horrors you would have found if you had decided to buy this Safari.a great shame because the Safaris are great practical cars,hence their popularity in France as ambualnce cars. Wise move on your part to avoid this rusty Safari. Cheers Joe
    1975 Citroen DS 23 Pallas

Thread Information