Citronpieces product quality
  • Help
    Fellow Frogger! CorneSoutAfrica's Avatar

Default Citronpieces product quality

Hi everyone

I had a look at citronpieces.com and their carpet quality seems to be the best I could find... What is your experience with these guys? Are they helpful, dodgy, good, bad? I am thinking of getting carpet for my Safari from them, at 25 euro (35 to 40 euro at my door) for a 1.6X1.0m piece is not very cheap but cheaper than local suppliers (for carpet of reasonably the same quality)

Can I dare to use them? I see they have radiator fans for sal but at astronomical prices, so I will give the fans a miss

Cheers
    Corne

Advertisement
    1968 ID21 break
    1971 DS21 IE BVH Rouge de grenade (Madamoiselle Rouge)
    1974 DS Pallas Sable metalisse My first restoration (Edith) Now BVH
    1973 DS pallas Metallic red. "Rusty"

1947 Traction Avant

Modern

2006 C4 VTS 180 Coupe

What would life be if we had no courage to attempt anything?
    - Vincent van Gogh

Fellow Frogger

I've not had their carpet in my hands, but have seen some of their DS trim and thought it was of good quality. There are some DS owners who have retrimmed their cars using Citron Pieces kits and been happy. As an example, look for the thread by Boyracer on his DS21 retrimmed in red velour. There are lots of resellers and I acquired a DS parcel shelf cover via the UK, which is clearly a Citron Pieces item. That item at least looks to be excellent.

Default carpets

I have bought carpet material from Citronpieces for my early Safari (slightly different front floorplan to the later model), the front of which I had to cut to shape. I purchased the dark grey material (without the foam) and sourced the foam locally. If you decide to go ahead, make sure it's the correct version for the front carpet (LHD or RHD). The rear floor is the same (sedan or safari), unless you have a famialiale version (3 rows of seats). In order for the carpet to lay flat, you will need to glue floam on the back. Make sure you buy the correct carpet glue, as some of the contact adhesives may cause the carpet to wrinkle...

Whilst you're beautifying that inside parlour, you may also wish to replace those long strips of grey covering as you get into the car (the longerons) and the vertical coverings inside the luggage area.
    www.citroworld.com = dutch supplier of these coverings (and lots more to spend your cash on)

www.franzose.de = german supplier, incl carpets
    Cheers,

Bernard

Thanks David

Thats great news, my safari will get grey carpeting, not the orinigal plastic, vinyl or whatever trim it had orinigally.
    In my semi auto the orinigal light brown carpeting is the way to go I think. I will give them a shout with piece of mind!

Bernard

That was my worry, the lhd rhd thing so that is why I want to get the carpet per metre because I am going to use carpeting in a few more places than orinigally equipped and to cut the carpeting to exactly the right shape because previously I saw some weird carpeting on the pics supplied on the websites.
    The longerons you talk about, is that those aluminium material you put there?

Thanks
    Corne
    Last edited by CorneSoutAfrica; 10th March 2012 at 11:27 PM.
    1968 ID21 break

1947 Traction Avant

Modern

2006 C4 VTS 180 Coupe

- Vincent van Gogh

Fellow Frogger!

Hi Corne
    I have had a couple of their leather kits and they have been faultless How are you going with the Spitronics
    Woody

Brian

Sent them an email awaiting their reply, i am taking 10m of carpet for my safari. I hope it is enough!
    Haha Brian I sourced the nessecary injectors and throttle position meter,(have to buy them from north america), at the moment it is very busy so no time to do anything on the efi yet, but I will do a writeup on my thread within the next 3 weeks or so

Cheers
    Corne
    1968 ID21 break

1947 Traction Avant

Modern

2006 C4 VTS 180 Coupe

- Vincent van Gogh

Hi Corne,

What I meant was that for the front floor plan they supply either LHD or RHD for later models (like yours), with or without the foam. As mine is an early Safari, I bought plain grey carpet and used the old rubber front mat as a template and glued high dense foam to the underside. I then had a carpet man stitch grey vynil edging neatly all around the edges, incl the pedal area. The rear carpet I bought as is from Citronpieces. I also cut out extra carpet to fit underneath the front seats, rear seat (vertical side of the petrol tank area), the engine bulge and both front footwells. My wife did the grey vynil edgings for the front footwells, as they show in particular those small vertical side pieces on top of the longerons (behind the height control).

The longerons are covered along the top and the inside with a light grey patterned vynil with approx 1/4 inch backing. Your car has the darker grey. The pattern looks very close to the original. The outside (below the white rubber strip) is covered with alu look vynil (small diamond shape pattern).

I'll try and download a pict. or two...

Cheers,

Bernard

Hi Bernard

My foam is still in great shape and to buy just the carpet and cut it to shape and do the fitting and trimming myself, buying the readymade pieces are just too expensive so I have to comprimise, not that it bothers me, I want to do the trimming myself, how hard can it be( hope I do not regret these words)
    The alu vinyl pieces I read Richo is not satisfied with the newer pieces so I got some pallas trimpieces, maby I should get some and have a look, just for orinigality sake

Cheers
    Corne
    1968 ID21 break

1947 Traction Avant

Modern

2006 C4 VTS 180 Coupe

- Vincent van Gogh

Hi everyone

I tried contacting citronpieces with no luck. I used their "contact" link but for 3 days now I haven't heared anything, they do not have a phone number to call them, does anyone have another e mail or something I could contact them with?

Thanks
    Corne
    1968 ID21 break

1947 Traction Avant

Modern

2006 C4 VTS 180 Coupe

- Vincent van Gogh

Corne,
    Contact can be infrequent by Citron Pieces.
    The vinyl "alu pieces" for the sill outer covers is nothing like the original.
    Pallas side strips, whilst not correct, look appropriate and allows you to salvage (perhaps) some of the original lining. I think the grey side lining that is available NOW, is a better pattern and colour which can be compared to the original grey on the sill.

Hi Corne,

You can always try their other email address:

info@restoclassic.com

Restoclassic is the main company.

As you may know, they are based in Portugal, just north of Lisbon. I have dealt with them about 2 years ago and at times they can be a bit slow in responding (only a few staff employed). As far as those alu look strips are concerned, just keep keep looking. If you like, I can provide you with some more leads. Unless your aim is to 'Pallasify' your Break with all that carpeting?

Cheers,

Bernard

Richo

I am actually annoyed at myself, those alu sidetrims on my car was in a good condition, but NO I had to pull them off to remove the paint and do a baremetal respray So I have done myself in there, I trust you guys when you say the quality is not what is really should be although you say it is getting better, I have got a set of pallas trimpieces so I will fit them although come to think of it....... on the rear door sill, will a sedan's pallas trimpieces fit on a safari? because I only have the trimpieces of the sedan, otherwise I will just have to make them fit? I actually like the idea of pallas trim although in the back of my mind the voice will always say "hey it's wrong" Hopefully some time a better quality will come along....

Bernard

Thanks for the email address unfortunately it seems not to be working, I will call them a bit later, I think it is still too early that side. I will check the timezones just now (google is a wonderful thing haha)

Like I said I am still not sure to pallasify or not, although the carpeting is there to stay, the safari is bit of a noisy beast, I would like to quiet her down, Shane's insulation is next on the list, it is just not nice weather to get work done on the car, raining studies and flu, so something has got to wait...

Any more leads are welcome I like to have a backup plan in case something goes wrong, Bernard, tell me the grey pallas carpeting from citronpieces, are they a nice thick pile carpet or the thin ones? I want to use the grey in my safari. The quality of workmanship seems to be outstanding on the pictures....

Thanks
    Corne
    1968 ID21 break

1947 Traction Avant

Modern

2006 C4 VTS 180 Coupe

- Vincent van Gogh

Quote Originally Posted by CorneSoutAfrica View Post
    Richo

I have got a set of pallas trimpieces so I will fit them although come to think of it....... on the rear door sill, will a sedan's pallas trimpieces fit on a safari? because I only have the trimpieces of the sedan, otherwise I will just have to make them fit?

Like I said I am still not sure to pallasify or not, although the carpeting is there to stay, the safari is bit of a noisy beast, I would like to quiet her down, Shane's insulation is next on the list, it is just not nice weather to get work done on the car, raining studies and flu, so something has got to wait...

Thanks
    Corne
    Corne,
    I have fitted the sedan pieces in my Safari. The rear seat piece requires another piece of stainless bent and cut to fit. If neatly done it is not noticable and blends in well enough.

At the end of the day the only person who has to be pleased with the job is you.
    If there are naysayers, ask them to do the work for you, or to show you their efforts. That's when you find there is plenty of hot air, not much substance and you can hear a pin drop.

Rock on and keep having a go.

Richo

Ah I understand, I remember from previous times that there must be an extra piece inserted at the back seat area, I think I have an idea of what to do, I will do that as soon as I have all my interior carpets here in South Africa, I agree it is me that has to be satisfied but for me to have cars nearly as good as cars on this forum and local DS's I will have to step up a few notches, there are some truely magnificent cars here on this forum!!

Cheers
    Corne
    1968 ID21 break

1947 Traction Avant

Modern

2006 C4 VTS 180 Coupe

- Vincent van Gogh

Wise words. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, even for a DS...

I recall seeing an afrikaans paper on one of your pictures, so I presume that Dutch/Flemish should be no problem. Have a look at a fellow forum www.citroen-forum.nl

Tom Verheyden in Belgium sources a lot of his interior bits from Citronpieces. Have a look at their website www.verheyden.com

Another source are the Dutch folks Chyparse. In their catalogue, they list those elusive alu look cloth pieces (instapdorpel vinyl alu vierkantpatroon) and they may be able to get you that dark grey carpet as well. Do remember that this is car carpet, not thick pile domestic. You can reach Chyparse on + 31 36 537 7272 or try their email address chyparse@tqdesign.nl They've been around for at least 25 years.

As it's raining at your end, have a look at how someone else done the sides of his DSpecial in s/s, have a look at www.mijnfransegodin.nl Hundreds of pict, so you'll need some time.

Cheers, from a sunny and warm (20C) UK.

Bernard

ps I promise to send you a few pict of our interior.

Thread Information