Did this go to a fellow frogger ?
  • Help

Default Did this go to a fellow frogger ?

http://www.shannons.com.au/auctions/...Q45J5EB861F088

Advertisement

I hope not

That was the bargain of the year 67 green fluid what a great car or a base for a full resto good luck to the next owner you have the most wanted D series
    Dan

Icon12

Quote Originally Posted by DeemanDan View Post
    I hope not

That was the bargain of the year 67 green fluid what a great car or a base for a full resto good luck to the next owner you have the most wanted D series
    I did sign in a new member last night 'pink pallas' we'll have to wait and see

Cheers
    Chris
    74 D(very Special) >>Rejuvenation Thread<<
    08 C5 X7 HDi very Noir

"Déesse" Roland Barthes, 'Mythologies', 1957

The Déesse has all the characteristics of one of those objects fallen from another universe that fed the mania for novelty in the eighteenth century and a similar mania expressed by modern science fiction: the Déesse is first and foremost the new Nautilus.

(Umberto Eco [Ed], The History of Beauty, Rizzoli, NY, 2004)

Quote Originally Posted by GreenBlood View Post
    I did sign in a new member last night 'pink pallas' we'll have to wait and see

Cheers
    Chris
    Well, that cant be the one, there are so many pink DS,s!

Ohhhh! I should have bought that one.....

Looks tidy anyway...

so much for values spiking
    BX 16v 89, I Renault Floride 62, Volvo P1800 68, Aston Martin DB6 68, Daimler 250V8 68, Jaguar XJC 76, Falcon Ute XL 62, Falcon Ute XY 4WD, Jeep Grand Larado 03, Mazda 6 Wagon 05, inter 483 tractor 86, makita cordless drill CX TURBO its dented D Special 1 62 ID192000 Xantia V6 2000 Cadillac STS stolen by the princess,KANGA 720DL LOADER

Quote Originally Posted by ARCHRIVAL View Post
    so much for values spiking

i dont think that car was a good representative... not because of colour... or history... or current economic climate or... or... or...

FWIW it looked like a great car... but if the colour isnt your cuppa then the price becomes irrelevant... I am very happy with the price I ve paid for mine knowing that it ll cost me a tonne to get right.... but atlest it ll be done exactly to my standards and desires... whats the point of buying a car and keeping it original if you can not live with the colour... I reckon if it had had a metallic blue on it or if it had been a black car it would have fetched close to double the dollars... but that goes against the character of the car... it is what it is and on the day (that day) it got that price... a bargain and should make the new owner very happy... if he or she likes that colour...

dino

I love it!

Thank God for my Hydroen harrisson_citroen's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by frog View Post
    I love it!
    Looks like "Frog" got it!
    DS Un jour, DS toujours !

DS23 IE Pallas Automatique Borg Warner
    C5 X7 163 Exclusive Automatique AM6
    C3 II 2010 Automatique AL4
    Peugeot Boxer Van hired from T.....y, that was manual!
    and bloody good too!

Hi Dino,

I don't think the colour of the cars prepared for this movie are original colours. They were painted in this tone to meet the needs of the film-makers, and you get a different feel from them in the movie compared to real life. These DS cars are not significant for their originality, but are very interesting in a cultural sense due to their part in the film. Also, they are still early DSs and so are great from that point of view. Good condition, cared-for original cars will always hold more value than modernised / changed ones. Case in point the other white'ID 19' which is more like a D Special really that was passed in at an earlier Shannons auction and still not sold when I last checked. Looks like a very interesting car and good performer and has not captured the imagination of buyers. The original production colours of early D cars are all pretty good in my view. It's their derivatives that lose it.

Tim

Quote Originally Posted by Middlemoon.1 View Post
    Hi Dino,

I don't think the colour of the cars prepared for this movie are original colours. They were painted in this tone to meet the needs of the film-makers, and you get a different feel from them in the movie compared to real life. These DS cars are not significant for their originality, but are very interesting in a cultural sense due to their part in the film. Also, they are still early DSs and so are great from that point of view. Good condition, cared-for original cars will always hold more value than modernised / changed ones. Case in point the other white'ID 19' which is more like a D Special really that was passed in at an earlier Shannons auction and still not sold when I last checked. Looks like a very interesting car and good performer and has not captured the imagination of buyers. The original production colours of early D cars are all pretty good in my view. It's their derivatives that lose it.

Tim
    I agree...
    My reference to the colour was its connection to the film... If one changes the colour then the historical reference/connection isnt there any more... It is the cultural significance that kind of "locks" the condition of the car... This is why it isnt representative of pricing... I once 'almost' bought the "cedric" from the movie "the big steal"... The movie car was in poor condition... paint was terrible...ie it looked a lot better in the movie than it did in real life... same goes for this citroen. For those that couldnt make the connection to the significance all they saw was an "unoriginal" car that possibly still needed restoration and was adorned in what is IMOW "an interesting" colour...

dino

I attended the auction, it went very late in the evening, number 38 I think. Only two bidders, a young lady who dropped out very quickly and the winner. I approached the winner and when I mentioned that he had got a bargain his reaction was that he thought that it was, "An OK price but not cheap, it's a bit rough inside". He didn't appear to know of its film star past. He owned a DS23 many years ago and has always wanted another DS as a weekend car. Hopefully it will remain in the CCCV as he intends to put it on club plates.
    83 2CV Charleston

79 GSA
    01 Renault Scenic

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Rogers View Post
    I attended the auction, it went very late in the evening, number 38 I think. Only two bidders, a young lady who dropped out very quickly and the winner. I approached the winner and when I mentioned that he had got a bargain his reaction was that he thought that it was, "An OK price but not cheap, it's a bit rough inside". He didn't appear to know of its film star past. He owned a DS23 many years ago and has always wanted another DS as a weekend car. Hopefully it will remain in the CCCV as he intends to put it on club plates.
    crazy
    it was a $15K car before you go to auction.
    CITROEN CAR CLUB of NSW - MEMBER. www.citroencarclub.org.au. . .www.facebook.com/CCCNSW
    08FD DSPECIAL "Dear Prudence wont you come out to play?"
    00FF7512 DS23SAFARI "Pull up to my bumper Baby, in your long black limousine."
    C2MY06 C2VTR "Go speed racer, Go"
    YDO005 MORRIS MINI DELUXE "The Mini Deluxe floats on fluid too"

Thread Information