System failures 2009 C5
  • Help
    Tadpole

Default System failures 2009 C5

Hi,

As a newbie i apologise in advance if this topic has been raised before.

I Feb '12 four times my C5 has stopped as a result of system failure warnigs, sometimes with near dire consequences.

The last time the dealer replaced the main fuse box, whereas all the other times it was a reboot and/or a datqa dump to Kuala Lumpur for analysis at the Asian Regional HQ.

i would be interested to hear from oneone else who has expereinced these problems and what the outcomes were.

gd563049

Advertisement

GD,

Our 2008 C5 which I bought in 2009 has had a hiccup twice which brought on all the warning lights and put the auto into limp home mode of third gear. Leave it for a few hours and the error would reset and all would seem OK. The second time we actually managed to get it to the Citroen dealer in Brissie in that condition at 5pm one night. They wouldn't let us take it home after seeing what state it was in but luckily I had just picked up my Activa from another mechanic so we had alternate transport.

There was an error code in the BSI log that indicated to them that the engine fuse box needed to be replaced. That cured the problem for us. Hope you get yours solved soon.

Cheers,

Ken W

Has the replaced fuse box cured the faults, as with Kenw's car.

Tadpole

At the moment.

The dealer replaced it at their cost...not a warranty item which I found strange.

Don't have a lot of faith in the car at the momment; do a lot of 500km+ trips and dont fancy limping home 100Km+

fingers crossed, i dont want to buy another car

Fellow Frogger!

Mine was an 05 2.2 HDi and it was the accelerator pedal not sending a readable position code. It would disable the turbo and make it gutless, but you could eventually get up to 110 km/hr. just not overtake anything.

It still does it occasionally, but clearing the error codes sorts it our for a month or two.

Erik

Quote Originally Posted by Erikbm View Post
    Mine was an 05 2.2 HDi and it was the accelerator pedal not sending a readable position code. It would disable the turbo and make it gutless, but you could eventually get up to 110 km/hr. just not overtake anything.

It still does it occasionally, but clearing the error codes sorts it our for a month or two.

Erik
    It still does it occasionally!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Honestly Eric, that isn't fixed at all. Back to the dealer??

I grow to love carburettors, cables and distributors sometimes. My CX throttle response was terrible until I replaced a loose plastic pivot with a specially made steel bush and a bit of Retinax A (that's grease folk!) and now it is perfect. Cost - two 12 mm bolts and a morning of careful drilling and filing and much satisfaction.

My mechanic loves efi mind you as 99.99% of the time all is perfect. He has a point (no pun intended).

Cheers
    JohnW

Renault 4CV 1950 (R1062)
    Renault R8 1965 (R1130)
    Renault Scenic Series II 2005 (wife's)
    Renault Scenic Series II 2006 (daughter's)
    Renault Scenic Series II 2007 (mine)

CitroŽn CX Pallas 1980 (moved on to new custodian)

National Co-ordinator, Renault 4CV Register of Australia

Fellow Frogger!

Ye-e-e-s-s-s-s, but it is more useable than it was.

Erik

Fellow Frogger!

Quote Originally Posted by gd563049 View Post
    At the moment.

The dealer replaced it at their cost...not a warranty item which I found strange.

Don't have a lot of faith in the car at the momment; do a lot of 500km+ trips and dont fancy limping home 100Km+

fingers crossed, i dont want to buy another car
    I suggested the fuse boxes were crap way back in 2005 but none would listen, Or didn't want to admit I was right, knowing there was already a replacement upgrade available. I've proven it over the years, because of our slack laws vehicle manufacturers can build their product for Au using known suspect faulty components or obsolete parts. It clears old stock and they can always catch up with the faults which occur during the warranty period. This is why we bemoan about the factory not being interested in fixing the problems. We're driving replated obsolete cars. We never used to plate the vehicles until they were ready to send to their destination.
    Even Aussie made export vehicles gets more man hours during manufacture than a the same vehicle produced for the local market. Every vehicle manufacturer does it. Non deny it, some have even admitted it. What you see is not what you get.

Fellow Frogger!

Shanadoo, given that (perceived?) suspect reliability is one of the main reasons folk steer clear of Citroens, why oh why would PSA knowingly install suspect parts to catch up later during warranty period?
    Surely they are not that dumb getting rid of suspect parts..sure but they end up in the bin anyway later and new parts plus labour during warranty doesn't achieve anything, but cost time, money and goodwill.
    Every warranty claim is a potential lost sale as owners talk about their new cars to anyone who will listen.

Fellow Frogger!

As they say 'talk is cheap and who listens and remembers anyway?' afew people from around the world out of how many billion/. It's all about cost. Did try a longer response but ran into the dreded time out, so stuff it I don't tipe that quick.

don

Hi I have a C4 which has the same fusebox as do some peugeot 307 models. If you look at c4owners.org you will find a thread about a problem fault in the engine bay fuse box that is well documented.

My dealer replaced the box under extended warranty $1200 ??!!!!
    And hey presto no more problems.

Good Luck

Thread Information