DS Pallas Carpet Set where do the bits go!!
  • Help
    Tadpole

Default DS Pallas Carpet Set where do the bits go!!

Does anyone know if there is a carpet pattern for a DS Pallas ? (as in where each piece goes ?) I bought a 14 piece pre cut carpet set from franzose and while some of the bigger mats are obvious as to where to lay them many smaller pieces are not. I didn't previously have carpet in my DS hence the confusion !! Same goes for the insulation felt set 7 pieces in total but I cannot figure out what goes where !! Help

Advertisement

Darren, you will get more help when you post a picture of each of the carpet pieces. DS afficionado's will then be able to identify each piece and give you its location.
    If you are not sure how to upload pics -------go in to 'Manage Attachments' below the composition box on the reply to thread page, under "Additional Options". You will find a box to upload photos from your PC Digital Camera or Phone.
    Cheers Gerry

Tadpole

Thanks Gerry I will get the camera out tomorrow and take a few pics Cheers !

Real cars have hydraulics DoubleChevron's Avatar

Did you get a RHD carpet set The LHD cars I've seen piccies of seem to have a lot more carpet and trimming (eg: around the height control lever).

Does this help ?

seeya,
    Shane L.
    'Cit' homepage:
    Citroen Workshop
    Proper cars--
    '85 Series II CX2500 GTi Turbo I
    '63 ID19 http://www.aussiefrogs.com/forum/citro%EBn-forum/90325-best-project-car-you-have-ever-seen.html
    '72 DS21 ie 5spd pallas (last looked at ... about 15years ago)
    '78 GS1220 pallas
    '92 Range Rover Classic ... 5spd manual.

Yay ... No Slugomatics

Modern Junk:
    '07 Poogoe 407 HDi 6spd manual

Default carpets jigsaw puzzle

Looking closely at Shane's note, I think that Darren may have got a set of carpet pieces made by those guys in Portugal, Citron Pieces. Have a look at their website www.citronpieces.com . These sets are widely available from distributors. You can always shoot an email to these guys, if you still have any bits left over...

Another suggestion is to look at Tony Jackson's parts manual website www.classic-citroen-tech.co.uk and scroll down to the interior section of a DS. They do some great drawings of all those parts, including their positioning.

Cheers,

Bernard

Tadpole

It's a left hand drive carpet set shane, the heel pad is in the right place etc.
    I'm beginning to figure it out !
    the under lay felt pieces are what really confused me ??? I presumed that they would come in one piece for each section i:e around the bulk head under the heater controls but there are actually 4 pieces that are put together like a jigsaw to make one piece. I also thought that all of the floor would be covered but it appears to only be around the bulkhead and under the seats that are covered with the felt.

So I guess it will be the same for the carpets with various pieces making up a unified piece etc Nothing is getting stuck down until I'm 100% sure what goes where !!!!

Thanks for all the suggestions
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DS Pallas Carpet Set where do the bits go!!-under-felt.jpg   DS Pallas Carpet Set where do the bits go!!-picture-4-2-.jpg  

aaah Pallas carpet and underlay - good for sound supression and soaking up water from leaky roof rails!
    CITROEN CAR CLUB of NSW - MEMBER. www.citroencarclub.org.au. . .www.facebook.com/CCCNSW
    08FD DSPECIAL "Dear Prudence wont you come out to play?"
    00FF7512 DS23SAFARI "Pull up to my bumper Baby, in your long black limousine."
    C2MY06 C2VTR "Go speed racer, Go"
    YDO005 MORRIS MINI DELUXE "The Mini Deluxe floats on fluid too"

Tadpole

Ahhh yes !! Thankfully a new roof seal was put in a few weeks ago !!

Thread Information