xantia - water in boot floor
  • Help

Default xantia - water in boot floor

Noticed today that the floor lining in the rear area of my C T Xantia hatch is considerably wet, i'm assuming its leaking through the taillights. Would that be about right? Any info is much appreciated.

john

Advertisement

Fellow Frogger

Is the tail lamp full of water? It happens. You can drill a small hole in the bottom of the light to stop this problem.

Another Xantia trick is to cut away enough of the scuttle grille at either end so you can get the long extension of a vacuum cleaner in there. The grille doesn't stop the leaves getting in, but does make it very hard to remove them. It drains either side of the scuttle and you can be amazed at the size of the compost heap you might have there and also at the bottom of the front guards.

thanks for the info, no sign of water in the tail lights. A test with the hose may indicate where its coming from once the floor dries out. noticed yesterday that the rubber stop that meets the body is missing which has caused cracking to the tail gate. Will try to fix that with a 2 pack putty that dries rock hard and see how that goes. This wouldn't be causing the water leak though.
    John

If the wetness extends from a corner of the boot, the water goes in through the opening for the wires of the tail lights.
    Thereís a wing nut to remove the cluster and check the seal, then retighten while wriggling the cluster to seat and seal properly.
    2003 C5 2.0i AL4 205,000 km 76372389

Thread Information