A Public Thank you
  • Help

Default A Public Thank you

David S recently came to my assistance after I had bought Jenni a replacement for the now 135,000 kms
    Clio.
    I wanted another low km commuter and the Clio had served us well so set out to buy another..
    I couldn't find one with low kms and within my price range so I cast my eye wider...
    After spotting a C3 Pluriel for sale I emailed David to get the low down on this model...
    David filled me in on the possible ($$$$) faults and armed with that I took a chance and bought the car sight unseen...
    It arrived from Brisbane pretty much as I expected and now I had to iron out an issue with the dipped h/lights not coming on....after a few emails back & forth and a bit of trying/testing I finally cured the problem which was a mixture of things (poor fuse contact..they were not blown & one blown headlight...the one side I hadn't tested)
    The Car had already been to a service agent who didn't find the cure and suggested a H/lamp stalk at $2000 new (comms unit as well) or possibly the BSI (fusebox inside the glovebox)
    It would have been another case of time/money spent replacing the wrong items...
    so a BIG THANKS to David S.... and everyone else who shares the knowledge
    PS now I know a thing or two about Pluriels I'm happy to help any other unfortunate owner..
    That said.... I just love the Pluriel despite it's flaws and I reckon it's destined to be a cult car much like the 2CV.....Time will Tell

Advertisement
    Rev. Dogboy

1969 DS21 Pallas BVH with leather
    1970 Renault 16TS
    1967 Honda S800 cabrio
    Citroen 1966 ID Safari (with 23 running gear)
    1975 VW Kombi poptop
    Porsche Boxster S manual
    1988 Vespa PX200E

Fellow Frogger!

I wish to add my name to the list of people who have found David's advice to be factual, accurate and well informed.
    I suspect that sharing of knowledge is what has kept so many of us as rusted on customers...Andre would be proud !!!
    Thanks David

thankyou from me too. to DAvid and several others on here who have offered help in these forums, and via emails.

Fellow Frogger

A pleasure to to have been able to help .. and also receive help from others here. We all learn from each other's successes and failures with these cars!

I can also add to the collective knowledge one new tip gleened from yet another mistake last week ... On a DS, make sure the clamp bolts for the front roll bar adjusters point away from the suspension arm housing. Otherwise they can foul and can take a small piece out of the aluminium where the lower bump stop rests! The bushes for the roll bar are plastic and wear out, but are forgotten because they are normally not visible. ... and I probably should be too embarrassed to talk about filling a DS23 EFI sump full of fresh oil with petrol due to a slight ignition timing error!

Quote Originally Posted by David S View Post
    A pleasure to to have been able to help .. and also receive help from others here. We all learn from each other's successes and failures with these cars!

I can also add to the collective knowledge one new tip gleened from yet another mistake last week ... On a DS, make sure the clamp bolts for the front roll bar adjusters point away from the suspension arm housing. Otherwise they can foul and can take a small piece out of the aluminium where the lower bump stop rests! The bushes for the roll bar are plastic and wear out, but are forgotten because they are normally not visible. ... and I probably should be too embarrassed to talk about filling a DS23 EFI sump full of fresh oil with petrol due to a slight ignition timing error!
    And what a depth of knowledge on this site...
    From Shane L and his amazing D restoration tips and his own highly informative site to the never forgotten Alan S and Paul S and other members too numerous to mention yet onerous to omit.
    Rev. Dogboy

1969 DS21 Pallas BVH with leather
    1970 Renault 16TS
    1967 Honda S800 cabrio
    Citroen 1966 ID Safari (with 23 running gear)
    1975 VW Kombi poptop
    Porsche Boxster S manual
    1988 Vespa PX200E

Fellow Frogger!

Default Site

Reverend Father,

Well said and expressed, and just like Alan and Paul, David is extremely generous in so many ways.

There is a great spirit of adventure on this site. People trailering home old D's that many would say are beyond help, people buying cars sight unseen and trusting the pictures and descriptions of others, people buying complex and very FOREIGN cars like SM, XM and the like....

It is a very positive experience adding the postings, and there really is very little negativity at all.

We should remember people like Alan and Paul each year. Alan and I have same birthday, so I will put up an Alan post early April, but I reckon someone should do the same for Paul.

This advice that is often given is easy to take for granted, and many provide it such as David, Shane, Michael, Craig and others, and for those who provide it and genuinely help, I too would like to give a thumbs up to

Sounds like a great little machine Dogboy and glad you were ale to fix that small problem.

Chris Mortimer

Icon6

Quote Originally Posted by dogboy View Post
    so a BIG THANKS to David S.... and everyone else who shares the knowledge. I just love the Pluriel despite it's flaws and I reckon it's destined to be a cult car much like the 2CV.....Time will Tell
    G'day,
    I think you may be right. They are a very cute little car.
    regards,
    Les W.

206 GTi 180
    the stealth Pug
    Did I do anything last night that suggested I was sane?

Thread Information