Could this be a new genre?
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Default Could this be a new genre?

Cars overrun by nature, the subject of some great photographs. This one was certainly worth posting though! Here is the link for anyone that wants more info or to see other less notable models.

Advertisement

http://www.lostateminor.com/2012/02/...-by-nature-4+1
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Could this be a new genre?-abandoned-cars-overtaken-nature-4.jpg  

I got a CX Safari going into the same direction.
    C5 Touring 2008, CX 2400ie Prestige '81 (with dead gerbox), CX 2400 Pallas C-Matic '80, CX2400 Super Familiale C-Matic '79 (to be scrapped very soon) , CX2400i Familiale 5-spd (to be scrapped), GS 1220 Wagon '78 (next project), ID19 '64
    CX Register

Quote Originally Posted by mberry View Post
    Cars overrun by nature, the subject of some great photographs. This one was certainly worth posting though! Here is the link for anyone that wants more info or to see other less notable models.

I bet that's Stuart's car.........?...
    I might act like an idiot, and I might look like an idiot, but don't let that fool you: I really AM an idiot!

Great Photo, as is this one

I would love to get them in HiDef for use as screen backgrounds.

Laurie

Budding Architect ???? pugrambo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by laurie_lewis View Post
    Great Photo, as is this one

I would love to get them in HiDef for use as screen backgrounds.

Laurie
    that one would look great in a fish tank as an ornament
    3 x '78 604 SL

1 x 2018 3008

1 x 2000 Citroen XM,

1 x '98 306 GTi6 sadly sold

1 x secret project

1 x '98 406 STDT troop carrier and i don't care if it stinks, i don't sniff it's arse Death by wank tank

1 x '99 406SV 5spd wagon, time to burn more fuel

1 x 1994 605 SV3.0

Icon7

G'day,
    big fish tanks in Parkes,eh ?
    regards,
    Les W.

206 GTi 180
    the stealth Pug
    Did I do anything last night that suggested I was sane?

DS

Even in Australia lies rotting beauty http://www.flickr.com/photos/frontdrive34/5069426659/
    Citroen Car Club of New South Wales member.

My Citroen ID21F can be seen here http://www.flickr.com/photos/frontdr...7605999522616/

Quote Originally Posted by DS View Post
    Even in Australia lies rotting beauty http://www.flickr.com/photos/frontdrive34/5069426659/
    Seeing things like that in Australia depresses me.

I feel guilty if I haven't jumped in my D in more than five days. And it lives in a lock-up garage. Having one rot away in my yard is something I could never do.

What makes it worse is when people have no interest in having the car(s) saved, or the parts used to save another.

1972 SM
    1989 BX 16 Valve

Quote Originally Posted by donat View Post
    Seeing things like that in Australia depresses me.

I feel guilty if I haven't jumped in my D in more than five days. And it lives in a lock-up garage. Having one rot away in my yard is something I could never do.

What makes it worse is when people have no interest in having the car(s) saved, or the parts used to save another.

I suppose we are all different...
    I once spied an old bell air in an old mans yard... This was during my high school years... I finally summoned the courage to speak to him about the car... He was a nice old man and let me have a good look through his incredible back yard... besides the bell air that had a small tree growing between the bumper and the grille there were other cars rotting away like ford zyphires , old holdens.... i forget now...
    Anyway I really liked the bell air and made the old man what i thought was a fair offer back then... NOPE...
    he wanted more... I later learned that he passed away... family sold the old house to the developers and guess what happened to all the cars... they were simply bulldozed into oblivion... Really sad as a few of them were entirely savable...
    I do adore the posted pics though... I dont know how staged or altered the images are... it is incredible though how "nature" has a way of creating the most magnificent compositions possible... such wonderful balance and juxtapositions... simply stunning...

dino
    Last edited by dino; 27th February 2012 at 06:53 PM.

DS

It often amazes me how many classics are rotting away in suburban yards. There is a guy down the street from me who has a front yard full of Bellett, a split rear screen Studebaker in the car port. The backyard also seems full of cars and stuff.
    http://maps.google.com.au/maps?q=Bev...Wales&t=h&z=20

My photo was as photographed. I don't adjust anything as I don't know how to let alone want to!
    Citroen Car Club of New South Wales member.

My Citroen ID21F can be seen here http://www.flickr.com/photos/frontdr...7605999522616/

A well known graphic!

Could this be a new genre?-img051.jpg
    '04 Megane
    Gone but not forgotten
    '71 16 TS, '72 16 TL, '74 15TS,'82 20TS Series 2, '85 25 GTX. '49 L15,

It often amazes me how many classics are rotting away in suburban yards.
    yes... In above case house was in east Hawthorn... But I knew of one on Richmond Hill.... his cars were also under the house... This old man had a genuine shelby mustang under the house...

dino

Without that series of images you took Darrin, I would not have been able to rescue the '68.
    Well, what was left of it.

Were it not for Ian McIntyre believing I would travel from Tasmania and help cut if free from its bonded bush and Addo assisting in administering the last rites, its parts (front 1/3rd) would not be seeing life in another car.

Thanks for taking those images.

Quote Originally Posted by pug206gti View Post
    G'day,
    big fish tanks in Parkes,eh ?
    Face the dish upwards and get a big hose.

I should sort out a few photos from south of Perth then. Later when I've time. Deeply depressing, if photogenic.......
    JohnW

Renault 4CV 1950 (R1062)
    Renault R8 1965 (R1130)
    Renault Scenic Series II 2005 (wife's)
    Renault Scenic Series II 2006 (daughter's)
    Renault Scenic Series II 2007 (mine)

CitroŽn CX Pallas 1980 (moved on to new custodian)

National Co-ordinator, Renault 4CV Register of Australia

Quote Originally Posted by mberry View Post

That DS is so Sad------It is in my favourite colour for a late DS ------Vert Argente AC 527
    Cheers Gerry

It often amazes me how many classics are rotting away in suburban yards. There is a guy down the street from me who has a front yard full of Bellett,
    Having owned a Bellett from new I can only say a car graveyard would be the appropriate place for them.
    Solid little cars but not without their design faults.
    The Bellett Gt was quite a neat car. Brakes were better but it still had the swing axles..
    Did have some fun with it though, club rallies, hillclimbs (the first night hill climb at Amaroo) and Lap Sprints at Oran Park.

Paul

"A straight is merely the distance between two corners."

Quote Originally Posted by JohnW View Post

I should sort out a few photos from south of Perth then. Later when I've time. Deeply depressing, if photogenic.......
    they'll look like these I assume?

http://www.flickr.com/photos/5576005...7627129600895/

Quote Originally Posted by cactus61 View Post
    Alas yes. Awful.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Could this be a new genre?-16ts-moss-2.jpg   Could this be a new genre?-ds-wreck-2.jpg  
    JohnW

Renault 4CV 1950 (R1062)
    Renault R8 1965 (R1130)

Quote Originally Posted by JohnW View Post
    Alas yes. Awful.
    I can never understand the mental condtion of anyone who hoards cars,and just lets them rot and disintegrate into oblivion,turning all of them to scrap metal,and don't get me started with the lame excuse of "the cars are their property, so they can do whatever they like with them ". Many of these cars could have ben saved,if someone not so deranged had bought them,and amongst the cars are some very rare cars like the Borgward Isabella,not to mention some very crude mechanical monsters like the Trabants sittinig up ,like perched vultures. I identified a Lancia Beta sedan,a couple of Fiat 124 AC coupes and even a Fiat 128 3P coupe,and some Peugeot 404 wagons,a 505 sedan,and god only knows what other interesting cars have been given this cruel fate.
    1975 Citroen DS 23 Pallas

Quote Originally Posted by Amopallas View Post
    I can never understand the mental condtion of anyone who hoards cars,and just lets them rot and disintegrate into oblivion,turning all of them to scrap metal,and don't get me started with the lame excuse of "the cars are their property, so they can do whatever they like with them ". Many of these cars could have ben saved,if someone not so deranged had bought them,and amongst the cars are some very rare cars like the Borgward Isabella,not to mention some very crude mechanical monsters like the Trabants sittinig up ,like perched vultures. I identified a Lancia Beta sedan,a couple of Fiat 124 AC coupes and even a Fiat 128 3P coupe,and some Peugeot 404 wagons,a 505 sedan,and god only knows what other interesting cars have been given this cruel fate.
    Quite a few there you wouldn't normally come across - a Borgward Arabella for one, and a big V12 Tatra truck engine. Lots of GS examples. Enough........ It's a very strange place.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Could this be a new genre?-gs-lichen-sml.jpg  
    JohnW

Renault 4CV 1950 (R1062)
    Renault R8 1965 (R1130)

There is even a Goliath 1100 there, badged as a Hansa.
    Same blue colour as the one I had too.

Paul

"A straight is merely the distance between corners."

Those beautiful old 6s should be saved!
    Cheers Gerry

Quote Originally Posted by Amopallas View Post
    I guess some people buy them hoping one day that they will make a killing when the value appreciates high enough. Then they never can decide when the right time to sell has arrived. Others get so attached to them that they can't bear to let them go-----the excuse often is 'if I sell it then I won't have one any more'
    There are a number of farmers around this area that have enormous machinery sheds full of old whatevers. One collects motor cycles and another Model Ts. Just try to purchase any of them! 'Buckly's and Nunn'
    Cheers Gerry

It's not only the mad owners of decaying cars you have to think about, it's their (understanding) wives too!
    1972 SM
    1989 BX 16 Valve

Quote Originally Posted by gerrypro View Post
    I guess some people buy them hoping one day that they will make a killing when the value appreciates high enough. Then they never can decide when the right time to sell has arrived. Others get so attached to them that they can't bear to let them go-----the excuse often is 'if I sell it then I won't have one any more'
    There are a number of farmers around this area that have enormous machinery sheds full of old whatevers. One collects motor cycles and another Model Ts. Just try to purchase any of them! 'Buckly's and Nunn'
    Cheers Gerry
    and then there is the really big Citroen graveyard in NSW...
    cars ended there simply because it cost too much to send them to the scrappers so in this case
    we can but be grateful they survived at all....
    Rev. Dogboy

1969 DS21 Pallas BVH with leather
    1970 Renault 16TS
    1967 Honda S800 cabrio
    Citroen 1966 ID Safari (with 23 running gear)
    1975 VW Kombi poptop
    Porsche Boxster S manual
    1988 Vespa PX200E

Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread Information