02 c5 v6 sequential shifter issue
  • Help

Default 02 c5 v6 sequential shifter issue

the shifter moves across to the manual gate, but it doesnt seem to 'lock' in place(cant feel any sort of locating spring effect, if that makes sense) and there is no up/down movement available. it feels like it's stuck somehwere near the bottom of it's movement range.

Advertisement

my googling hasnt found this issue reported before, and looking through the thread here on dismantling the cabin sectiono of the shifter area doesnt seem to show any mechanism that perhaps has broken or become stuck.

if anyone here has any tips on possible causes and fixes, that'd be great.

this isnt related to the parking pin issue ive read about on here. at least from what i've felt and seen under the shifter surrounds.

1000+ Posts

Default Hi

Hi,
    No one else has replied so I will.

I do not have a V6 so I might be wrong. The failure sounds like the detent pin on the gear lever similar to the 4 cyl failures. Perhaps the gearlever assembly is the same. There is a description of the replacement of it on here.
    You need to remove the knob and the top of the sliding cover etc to see down the hole. THE SPRING LOADED PIN holder fails and the pin comes out and jams etc and fails to lock into the holes it should. The new item is surprisingly cheap especially for a Citroen part.

Good luck search the forum.
    Jaahn

Icon3

Quote Originally Posted by jaahn View Post
    Hi,
    No one else has replied so I will.
    jaahn, I think this is a different problem

This is a link to the gearshift detent pin problem
    C5 Help urgent with auto gearshift

simonr23's problem sounds like he can't use the manual gate? No forward or backward movement in that gate. I'd suggest pulling things apart as in the supplied link and see if something may have come astray and is blocking movement. I think the shift lever is held in the manual position by a magnet, perhaps it has come adrift?

Cheers
    Chris
    74 D(very Special) >>Rejuvenation Thread<<
    08 C5 X7 HDi very Noir

"Déesse" Roland Barthes, 'Mythologies', 1957

The Déesse has all the characteristics of one of those objects fallen from another universe that fed the mania for novelty in the eighteenth century and a similar mania expressed by modern science fiction: the Déesse is first and foremost the new Nautilus.

(Umberto Eco [Ed], The History of Beauty, Rizzoli, NY, 2004)

you are both right. i pulled it apart again to look closer at the area. it seems at some stage the detent pin had broken. the new part is in the car already, hence my first post... but so was some of the old pin. sitting snuggly in the section the manual gate would like to use. removed and all is well.

thanks for your replies and help though.

Thread Information