Shannons 67 DS 21 for Auction.
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Default Shannons 67 DS 21 for Auction.

This one reputedly one of two starred in the movie Goddess 67 or something. Nice looking. Anyone knows this car?

Advertisement

Tadpole

Default Yes..>>>

I know it can say as described, had a rather indifferent past as is the case with most, am confident to say there is no serious hidden suprises, I shall take some pics on order if anyone interested.

Cherrio
    Adam

Default Report available on website

Quote Originally Posted by Bad Bertie View Post
    This one reputedly one of two starred in the movie Goddess 67 or something. Nice looking. Anyone knows this car?
    have a look at the Shannons website...you can download the report on the car
    Cheers
    Rev. Dogboy

1969 DS21 Pallas BVH with leather
    1970 Renault 16TS
    1967 Honda S800 cabrio
    Citroen 1966 ID Safari (with 23 running gear)
    1975 VW Kombi poptop
    Porsche Boxster S manual
    1988 Vespa PX200E

Quote Originally Posted by dogboy View Post
    have a look at the Shannons website...you can download the report on the car
    Cheers
    Those reports may well be ok if it is about a normal car,but, since you can not touch the car and take the rear guards off to look for nasties or probe a butter knife between the rubber and the roof rail for example, you dont really know, do you?

Those reports may well be ok if it is about a normal car,but, since you can not touch the car and take the rear guards off to look for nasties or probe a butter knife between the rubber and the roof rail for example, you dont really know, do you?
    I'd talk to someone in the Club that knows the car... It is well known in Vic Club circles and the owner Hugo seems decent enough... I talked to David Gries about this car on Sunday but he hadn't seen it for a while so couldn't vouch for it... pretty sure this was a Paas brothers car (chime in here Michael/John)
    so they may give you some background info....
    as for removing rear guards...I reckon the guys at Shannons would remove a guard for you but perhaps not the butter knife !
    Last edited by dogboy; 28th February 2012 at 12:21 PM.
    Rev. Dogboy

1970 Renault 16TS
    1967 Honda S800 cabrio
    1975 VW Kombi poptop
    Porsche Boxster S manual
    1988 Vespa PX200E

I'd talk to someone in the Club that knows the car... It is well known in Vic Club circles and the owner Hugo seems decent enough... I talked to David Gries about this car on Sunday but he hadn't seen it for a while so couldn't vouch for it... pretty sure this was a Paas brithers car (chime in here Michael/John)
    so they may give you some background info....
    as for removing rear guards...I reckon the guys at Shannons would remove a guard for you but perhaps not the butter knife !
    A plastic knife perhaps? Still,I wasn't really going to bid on it any way for various reasons,but I was just curious.

Fellow Frogger!

Default buy it back

I haven't said anything 'cause I was hoping to buy it back. Since I've stopped buying lottery tickets and nobody's died in the family; there's no chance of that! It wasn't my car but John's. It was a while ago now so it all depends if the DS has been under cover. It was a sweet car when John had it! When it came up at Shannons I rang him and asked him if he knew this car. His reply was- Don't you remember my old car? Well you wouldn't know it! The black ageing leather seats have been turned into "something exotic" and it's pink. The dash ---- Well what can I say --- but you've got to agree, it's differant. I'm sure that some of you think it's great. They've gone a bit further than putting "blue" T18 ignition leads under the bonnet. I've always wanted a pale pink ID. Yes I like the car but is that because I like the car that was! It was the sweetest car! Very original, no rust, good (but a little tired) engine. I believe it has a few issues but Shannons is good with the report they attach with the car. And it was in the movie. Quite a few years have passed since John owned it so it is a good idea to find out the recent history as we all know how the weather can affect these cars. Michael

Quote Originally Posted by IDear View Post
    I haven't said anything 'cause I was hoping to buy it back. Since I've stopped buying lottery tickets and nobody's died in the family; there's no chance of that! It wasn't my car but John's. It was a while ago now so it all depends if the DS has been under cover. It was a sweet car when John had it! When it came up at Shannons I rang him and asked him if he knew this car. His reply was- Don't you remember my old car? Well you wouldn't know it! The black ageing leather seats have been turned into "something exotic" and it's pink. The dash ---- Well what can I say --- but you've got to agree, it's differant. I'm sure that some of you think it's great. They've gone a bit further than putting "blue" T18 ignition leads under the bonnet. I've always wanted a pale pink ID. Yes I like the car but is that because I like the car that was! It was the sweetest car! Very original, no rust, good (but a little tired) engine. I believe it has a few issues but Shannons is good with the report they attach with the car. And it was in the movie. Quite a few years have passed since John owned it so it is a good idea to find out the recent history as we all know how the weather can affect these cars. Michael
    It is a 67 DS so it's attracted my attention...and of a few others on here I dare say
    I'd like to see it how it was...the pink I can live with but that colour interior is not my cup of Tea..
    Don't think I can afford the D cabrio coming up... In fact any spare money should be paying off the house!!
    My head says save,bad times ahead...the heart says you can't live without a D
    Rev. Dogboy

1970 Renault 16TS
    1967 Honda S800 cabrio
    1975 VW Kombi poptop
    Porsche Boxster S manual
    1988 Vespa PX200E

It is a 67 DS so it's attracted my attention...and of a few others on here I dare say
    I'd like to see it how it was...the pink I can live with but that colour interior is not my cup of Tea..
    Don't think I can afford the D cabrio coming up... In fact any spare money should be paying off the house!!
    My head says save,bad times ahead...the heart says you can't live without a D
    What DS cabrio coming up?

Default DS Cabrio

What DS cabrio coming up?
    If I'd sold my Ferrari this is what I'd be buying..
    http://www.bonhams.com/eur/auction/20140/lot/324/
    Rev. Dogboy

1970 Renault 16TS
    1967 Honda S800 cabrio
    1975 VW Kombi poptop
    Porsche Boxster S manual
    1988 Vespa PX200E

Tadpole

I've owned the car for about 9 or 10 years, I saw an add in The Saturday Age and went to have a look.( the add is with the documentation which will come with the car),
    Having only driven an ID19, I was surprised at the difference in the driving experience, it was faster and easier to drive.
    I purchased it from the movie company, and got it registered.
    It has lived under cover for the time that I have owned it.

I am selling it because I am building a large teardrop camper (similar in size to a Wild Goose or Kampmaster) and I need the garage space, after I am finished I will need a tow car which is an automatic, maybe a Ds23ie or something larger and more powerful.

I haven't driven the car much in the last 2 or 3 years, I used it for my both my daughter's weddings last year and after the last wedding in December I decided it was time to move on and reclaim some space in the garage.

There is no reserve on the car, it will sell if someone places a bid

Hugo

This is where the car spent most of her days
    Shannons 67 DS 21 for Auction.-photo0080.jpg

The teardrop camper under construction

Shannons 67 DS 21 for Auction.-photo0118.jpg
    :

Quote Originally Posted by citds67 View Post
    I've owned the car for about 9 or 10 years, I saw an add in The Saturday Age and went to have a look.( the add is with the documentation which will come with the car),
    Having only driven an ID19, I was surprised at the difference in the driving experience, it was faster and easier to drive.
    I purchased it from the movie company, and got it registered.
    It has lived under cover for the time that I have owned it.

I am selling it because I am building a large teardrop camper (similar in size to a Wild Goose or Kampmaster) and I need the garage space, after I am finished I will need a tow car which is an automatic, maybe a Ds23ie or something larger and more powerful.

I haven't driven the car much in the last 2 or 3 years, I used it for my both my daughter's weddings last year and after the last wedding in December I decided it was time to move on and reclaim some space in the garage.

There is no reserve on the car, it will sell if someone places a bid

Hugo

This is where the car spent most of her days
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Photo0080.jpg 
Views:	359 
Size:	89.1 KB 
ID:	26674

The teardrop camper under construction

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Photo0118.jpg 
Views:	333 
Size:	89.9 KB 
ID:	26675
    I've always admired your car... and I'm sure it will attract a few bids...
    I like the teardrop camper...are you doing all the woodwork yourself?
    I'm looking at attackling my Mr Whippy Van's timber work..
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Shannons 67 DS 21 for Auction.-dsc00751.jpg   Shannons 67 DS 21 for Auction.-dsc03286.jpg  
    Last edited by dogboy; 28th February 2012 at 04:29 PM.
    Rev. Dogboy

1970 Renault 16TS
    1967 Honda S800 cabrio
    1975 VW Kombi poptop
    Porsche Boxster S manual
    1988 Vespa PX200E

Tadpole

Hi Andrew,
    Thanks,
    Yes I'm building it all myself, except for the electrics and the gas plumbing.
    Cool Mr. Whippy van, good luck with the timber work,
    Hugo
    :

Default that's odd

If I'd sold my Ferrari this is what I'd be buying..
    http://www.bonhams.com/eur/auction/20140/lot/324/
    this car sold recently in a Bonhams auction, very cheap. I thought was 50k. Now it is back in another auction?

Quote Originally Posted by mberry View Post
    this car sold recently in a Bonhams auction, very cheap. I thought was 50k. Now it is back in another auction?
    Yes... It was sold in the December auction at the same auction house and no mention was made of re chassis as they now do
    the fact it had another chassis..they must mean re hull has to have played a part.
    I have contacted the auction house who state that Joe Judt is 90 odd and cannot remember what happened
    I would think that someone who knew Joe Judt would be privy to that.
    But the auction house plead ignorance...
    still Joe Judt was a well known and respected Citroen owner and UK Car club office bearer and his car features in many books on Citreon DS..
    It does seem a little odd
    http://www.citroenet.org.uk/photothe...c50rally8.html
    Last edited by dogboy; 28th February 2012 at 05:42 PM.
    Rev. Dogboy

1970 Renault 16TS
    1967 Honda S800 cabrio
    1975 VW Kombi poptop
    Porsche Boxster S manual
    1988 Vespa PX200E

Default right

well, I agree, it seems as though Joe would have had work done as and when required, it's likely that a UK cab would have needed a replacement chasis at some point. I think they did actually state that in the original advertisement. One thing is for sure, it is pretty rough as you can see by zooming the pics of the windscreen and dash. Still, it's a very cheap way into that league, the documentation would be really important, given the I.D. may have been lost.
    I saw the car at an Ely DS meeting in the UK in about 1995, I never thought for a minute it wasn't the real thing. I hope you get it.

Fellow Frogger!

I drove this car a few years ago when it was at Palace Films and seriously considered buying it. It was in lovely condition with just the right 'patina'. It drove beautifully too and really felt like an experience taking it out on the street. Alas I was knee deep in the restoration of a Fiat Spider and the pennies wouldn't stretch. Best of luck Hugo with the auction.

Dave

Fellow Frogger!

I saw that car in 1976 at the third ICCC meeting in Kenilworth UK. It was less than concours then and the big ugly head restraints were on back then too.

It'll be interesting to see who ends up with it!
    1972 SM
    1989 BX 16 Valve

Quote Originally Posted by donat View Post
    It'll be interesting to see who ends up with it!
    which one? hugo's lovely 67 DS or Joe Judts DS Cabrio?
    sorry for taking this thread off track...
    Rev. Dogboy

1970 Renault 16TS
    1967 Honda S800 cabrio
    1975 VW Kombi poptop
    Porsche Boxster S manual
    1988 Vespa PX200E

Both, but more the '67.

This thread was slow in gathering momentum for a good reason, I think.
    1972 SM
    1989 BX 16 Valve

Quote Originally Posted by donat View Post
    Both, but more the '67.

This thread was slow in gathering momentum for a good reason, I think.
    yeah.. no one wants to show their hand... too late for that I think !!
    Rev. Dogboy

1970 Renault 16TS
    1967 Honda S800 cabrio
    1975 VW Kombi poptop
    Porsche Boxster S manual
    1988 Vespa PX200E

I looked at the car recently. Its the typical conundrum that if you wanted to fully restore, you might be better to buy one in worse condition as this will command a higher price but would still require extended work to bring up to a more perfect mark if that is your want. Against that you could get into it and drive and enjoy it.

The blue trim is is quite good, needing a bit of refitting here and there /re-stitching/repairs etc - nicely worn in. The paint is - well ok if you like pink. but there are odd faults, altho body lines and panels are straight. Stainless and chrome stc are all straight and pretty good.
    Structurally it seems ok after a very cursory look but there is surface rust in all the normal places and some of the 'edges' ie doors /boot lid/ under windscreen are typically ragged.

Its a 45 year old car and a desirable model it will be interesting to see what it goes for. I am sure that all the silence around this car until Bad Bertie outed it, means that there will be plenty of interest. Good luck Hugo, I always admire somebody who puts 'no reserve' on their car . Always attracts more interest.
    '04 Megane
    Gone but not forgotten
    '71 16 TS, '72 16 TL, '74 15TS,'82 20TS Series 2, '85 25 GTX. '49 L15,

Quote Originally Posted by Trading Estate View Post
    I looked at the car recently. Its the typical conundrum that if you wanted to fully restore, you might be better to buy one in worse condition as this will command a higher price but would still require extended work to bring up to a more perfect mark if that is your want. Against that you could get into it and drive and enjoy it.

The blue trim is is quite good, needing a bit of refitting here and there /re-stitching/repairs etc - nicely worn in. The paint is - well ok if you like pink. but there are odd faults, altho body lines and panels are straight. Stainless and chrome stc are all straight and pretty good.
    Structurally it seems ok after a very cursory look but there is surface rust in all the normal places and some of the 'edges' ie doors /boot lid/ under windscreen are typically ragged.

Its a 45 year old car and a desirable model it will be interesting to see what it goes for. I am sure that all the silence around this car until Bad Bertie outed it, means that there will be plenty of interest. Good luck Hugo, I always admire somebody who puts 'no reserve' on their car . Always attracts more interest.
    Yes..I always thought of it as a nice driver and I don't care that it's not perfect..
    Shannons used to have a policy of not accepting cars for auction with a reserve unless they were confident the price would exceed $10k... mind you that was the price point 3 or 4 years ago when I worked there.
    The auctions are carefully weighted with a certain number of no reserve cars to attract people...
    and it works...
    Regardless I think there is not much risk having no reserve on this particular car...
    Rev. Dogboy

1970 Renault 16TS
    1967 Honda S800 cabrio
    1975 VW Kombi poptop
    Porsche Boxster S manual
    1988 Vespa PX200E

'Shannons used to have a policy of not accepting cars for auction with a reserve unless they were confident the price would exceed $10k... mind you that was the price point 3 or 4 years ago when I worked there.'

Thats funny, my experience is that the seller always sets a reserve or no reserve, with an incentive of cheaper fees for the latter Plenty of cars sold with reserves there that I know of over the years, at all price levels!
    I'd love to see Christophe and co talk me into not putting a reserve on any car that I own, should I choose!
    '04 Megane
    Gone but not forgotten
    '71 16 TS, '72 16 TL, '74 15TS,'82 20TS Series 2, '85 25 GTX. '49 L15,

Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread Information