Citroen D parts... What have you?
  • Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 3 123 Last

Default Citroen D parts... What have you?

Instead of posting a "wanted" add I thought it would be nice to have a D parts thread... not just for my benefit... others might have a need.

So... Basically all you have to do is list what you have that you might be willing to sell...

I have nothing... so am no good... but surely there are members with spare parts they would be willing to exchange for a few "dinars" ...

Advertisement

I ll definitely need rear lights or left one at least... mirrors would be good as well... the evil battery holder... etc

say thee, what has thou rusting away in "le shed"....

dino

Real cars have hydraulics DoubleChevron's Avatar

Good luck with this one. I have heaps of 'D' panels. All complete crap that will require more repair than just about any panel on any existing car I seriously need to go through them and chuck all junk to the scrap metal man to free up space

If you need any ID part.... just post a message, this biggest problem I can see is I'll have the part your after, but it'll be in worst condition than the part your trying to replace .....

seeya,
    Shane L.
    'Cit' homepage:
    Citroen Workshop
    Proper cars--
    '85 Series II CX2500 GTi Turbo I
    '63 ID19 http://www.aussiefrogs.com/forum/citro%EBn-forum/90325-best-project-car-you-have-ever-seen.html
    '72 DS21 ie 5spd pallas (last looked at ... about 15years ago)
    '78 GS1220 pallas
    '92 Range Rover Classic ... 5spd manual.

Yay ... No Slugomatics

Modern Junk:
    '07 Poogoe 407 HDi 6spd manual

Fellow Frogger! Bruce Llewellyn's Avatar

Default Repairability

Quote Originally Posted by DoubleChevron View Post
    Good luck with this one. I have heaps of 'D' panels. All complete crap that will require more repair than just about any panel on any existing car I seriously need to go through them and chuck all junk to the scrap metal man to free up space

If you need any ID part.... just post a message, this biggest problem I can see is I'll have the part your after, but it'll be in worst condition than the part your trying to replace .....

seeya,
    Shane L.
    One can't repair something one hasn't got...

Bruce.

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Llewellyn View Post
    One can't repair something one hasn't got...

Bruce.
    well said...

dino

Shane... cheers for the offer... will keep in mind...

dino

I have a set of sombrero style Pallas hubcaps that look a little like this:

As no one here (to my knowledge) has a 1965 Pallas, this is probably useless to just about everyone. Unless you wish to bling your ID with 165/400 wheels.

Other than that, all of my parts have been spoken for. Had this thread been up a fortnight ago, it would've been a different story.
    1972 SM
    1989 BX 16 Valve

Fellow Frogger!

Default Can be difficult

Yes I have parts but I have two "paddock cars" and who knows what they need. William Hastie left us an old ID as he had no storage facilities. His ID Hydraulic Tank had rusted from the inside out so I supplied him with one, knowing that there were parts I could use from his "wreck". Then I heard that Donat required a tank and with some investigation I found we only had enough for our needs. One car ---- one tank so with some parts;they run out pretty quick. Kaz was here on the weekend and I helped him with a starter motor and that much talked about waterpump mounting block. Also a radiator hose and some odds and sods. He didn't haggle about the price and was very appreciative. I was glad to help. I actually offered him a brand new waterpump mounting block for $30 more but he chose the used one instead. Many years ago now a QLD Citroen member asked if I had a set of four doors. I loaded up a dozen into the transit van and was promptly told that they just weren't good enough. So I agree with Shane. Some parts just aren't good enough. But some parts that I have down here and in QLD are "just what the doctor ordered" so I should make an effort. Michael

I have a range of Id bits Available. I keep the bits that often break and are therefore hard to Obtain. I only charge for the most expensive or rare items because I know I probably won't find them again. I prefer a call or email. I keep lhs2 stuff. I don't have an id any more but I do have an early ds in pieces which I have been adding to. my first priority is to ensure that Harriet is complete and after that I'm very happy to complete other ids.

Donat put me down for the hubcaps!

Tim

Done, Tim. They're yours.
    1972 SM
    1989 BX 16 Valve

Donat does Harriet need tank vis a vis michael's post?

Quote Originally Posted by donat View Post
    I have a set of sombrero style Pallas hubcaps that look a little like this:

As no one here (to my knowledge) has a 1965 Pallas, this is probably useless to just about everyone. Unless you wish to bling your ID with 165/400 wheels.

Other than that, all of my parts have been spoken for. Had this thread been up a fortnight ago, it would've been a different story.
    Tim has the remains of my 1965 Pallas
    Cheers Gerry

Fellow Frogger!

Default Late D bits

Lots of suspension parts
    Some EFI bits
    S/S Strips
    Heads Good Crankshafts
    Good Safari tail gate
    Many more
    Woody

Quote Originally Posted by Middlemoon.1 View Post
    Donat does Harriet need tank vis a vis michael's post?
    I was looking to get another tank to paint up and restore like it came out of the Heidelberg plant.

Sorry Gerry and Tim, I thought your DS was a 1964!

I'd rather give them to someone who'll use them on a 1965 car, than to sell it to someone as a garage ornament. So that's all good.

You know what Harriet needs, Tim - just love and affection (which it has plenty of).
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Citroen D parts... What have you?-img_2541.jpg  
    1972 SM
    1989 BX 16 Valve

Default Stainless steel strips

Quote Originally Posted by brian woodcock View Post
    Lots of suspension parts
    Some EFI bits
    S/S Strips
    Heads Good Crankshafts
    Good Safari tail gate
    Many more
    Woody

Hello Woody,

I was wondering if your stainless strips might include the trim piece for the top of the rear wing on a Pallas. The DS 21 that I am completing has all the S/S trims bar that one. If I put it on the road without the trim, I know that I will become obsessed about it, even though the casual observer may not appreciate that something is missing, it being such a small thing.

So if you - or any other AF'r can help I would be very thankful.

Cheers
    Richard

Quote Originally Posted by donat View Post

Sorry Gerry and Tim, I thought your DS was a 1964!

I'd rather give them to someone who'll use them on a 1965 car, than to sell it to someone as a garage ornament. So that's all good.

You know what Harriet needs, Tim - just love and affection (which it has plenty of).
    Donat you may be correct. It was sold to me as a 65 in 1970. Nobody that I knew in those days had access to production numbers. Tim----- if you have the chassis number plate for this car would you be able to find it and solve the question of manufactured year?
    I agree that the hub caps should go to Tim and if anyone has a spare 64 or 65 punt frame chassis ( it is not a hull-------Tractions have hulls) then maybe Tim will bring this rare beast back to all its former glory???????
    Tim have you got the motor and gearbox back yet??
    Cheers Gerry

DS

I have a set of four (possibly 5) ID19 single bolt wheels ready to be blasted and painted to then be fitted with 15" tyres. I once had way more than I needed made and these are the left-overs. Offers anyone?

Loads of ID19 beige plastic door furniture too.
    Citroen Car Club of New South Wales member.

My Citroen ID21F can be seen here http://www.flickr.com/photos/frontdr...7605999522616/

Yep I've got the plate. The car is too special not to be reborn so this will happen. The caps it should have are the machined fluted type. I now have all the correct bling including cibie pots and correct original bonnet lifter. I also have sourced a 64 second nose clean chassis. Ha! But there is lots to be done. Will post the plate when I get a chance. Are your caps the fluted variety Donat? Ie 165 x 400 and single stud? And Donat there are some items I'm saving for Harriet and when I next see you. I'm pleased about the tank cos last time I inspected it was good. I can loan you a spare if you want to do up the original cosmetically & give me back when done.

On the positive side, having made the connection with Gerry et al I will be able to proceed with far greater clarity and wisdom than had I attempted this in previous years.

Tim
    Last edited by Middlemoon.1; 21st February 2012 at 07:18 PM.

Yes, they're for the 165x400. The first Pallas type and I think maybe on the usine Cabriolet a year earlier..?
    1972 SM
    1989 BX 16 Valve

Yeah that's them for sure...64/65 ds pallas would be the same caps? Later came would come with later 5 stud wheel - ie the plain small dome pallas cap?

Tim

Tadpole

New to forum. Hi. My DS23 needs steering recon. Anywhere that does swappage? Any idea what $$ I'd be looking at? Ta.

Icon3

Quote Originally Posted by Broochay View Post
    New to forum. Hi. My DS23 needs steering recon. Anywhere that does swappage? Any idea what $$ I'd be looking at? Ta.
    Hi and welcome to the forum

In Brisbane I would recommend DS Motors or Euroserve, you are probably better off reconditioning rather than replacing. Cost would be dependent on condition of your rack and how much work you may be able to do yourself (i.e. removal/ re-fitting of the rack).

Cheers
    Chris
    74 D(very Special) >>Rejuvenation Thread<<
    08 C5 X7 HDi very Noir

"Déesse" Roland Barthes, 'Mythologies', 1957

The Déesse has all the characteristics of one of those objects fallen from another universe that fed the mania for novelty in the eighteenth century and a similar mania expressed by modern science fiction: the Déesse is first and foremost the new Nautilus.

(Umberto Eco [Ed], The History of Beauty, Rizzoli, NY, 2004)

Fellow Frogger

If you can R&R the rack, you can post it with end caps removed to Roger Parker at Oleopneumatics in Adelaide. Cost is of the order of $700 for a reco, but if the coupling is badly worn, double it at least.

Default Front left guard for DS

I have a front left guard for a D which is surplus to requirements.

A small inner section near the headlight has been scavenged to repair the guard on the car I am restoring.

There is some rust on the underside of the guard, see photo.

Looking for $100
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Citroen D parts... What have you?-img_1300.jpg   Citroen D parts... What have you?-img_1299.jpg   Citroen D parts... What have you?-img_1301.jpg   Citroen D parts... What have you?-img_1302.jpg   Citroen D parts... What have you?-img_1303.jpg  

Tadpole

Default Thanks for the info

GB, FF, thanks very much for the pearls of wisdom. I'll drop in to DS today & see what they have to say. Cheers. BB

Default D bolt-on roof

Surplus to my requirements I have a D bolt-on fibreglass roof from a '72 model. Some of the bolt attachments are rusted, some are OK. Free to good home. Please pm me and be patient for a reply (due to work). I live on Sydney's Northern beaches.
    Regards
    Lou

NOUKPUT SYDHCQF

Default Safari towbar

I have a Safari towbar including tongue that I no longer need, $20

Late model small dash top pad for above the steering column $20

Page 1 of 3 123 Last

Thread Information