DS Inner door handle removal ???
  • Register
  • Help
    Tadpole

Default DS Inner door handle removal ???

how do you remove the inner door handle on a DS ? I tried to loosen the large nut at the rear of the handle but it wont move and I don't want to force it in case I damage or break it !!! Any suggestions ?http://www.aussiefrogs.com/forum/confused.gif

Advertisement

Icon3

Quote Originally Posted by darrenhendley View Post
    how do you remove the inner door handle on a DS ? I tried to loosen the large nut at the rear of the handle but it wont move and I don't want to force it in case I damage or break it !!! Any suggestions ?http://www.aussiefrogs.com/forum/confused.gif
    The nut has a left hand thread, once loosened it is retained on the door handle, turn the handle 90 degrees and it will come away from the door. There is a rod held attached by a rubber grommet, carefully remove and pull the handle free.

Cheers
    Chris
    74 D(very Special) >>Rejuvenation Thread<<
    08 C5 X7 HDi very Noir

"Déesse" Roland Barthes, 'Mythologies', 1957

The Déesse has all the characteristics of one of those objects fallen from another universe that fed the mania for novelty in the eighteenth century and a similar mania expressed by modern science fiction: the Déesse is first and foremost the new Nautilus.

(Umberto Eco [Ed], The History of Beauty, Rizzoli, NY, 2004)

Simple trick, that screw is turned clockwise! It actually unscrews from the back of the handle. It is captive in the door and will not fall out when loosened.

Rotate screw clockwise until you can feel it is free of the thread in the back of the handle. It is about 10mm long.. Now flex the rear of the handle a little towards you to clear the screw and rotate the handle approx 90 degs. The front of the handle is now released from the door but still connected to the latch actuation rod. You will be able to see how release it.

The actuation rod should be fitted with an anti rattle rubber strap which is probably perished. Keep it as a pattern and you can cut a new one from a piece of inner tube.

Edit: Looks like Chris types quicker than me !
    Michael
    Member, Citroen Car Club NSW

DS23 Pallas 5 sp. "Francoise" , BX19TRi Auto "Jacques Dutronc" , Teardrop Trailer "The Toad", BMW R65 "Rosamund"
    In the past: Renault 750, Dauphine, R4, R8, R10, Peugeot 504 Familiale, ID 19 (x2), Safari (x2)

Icon11

Quote Originally Posted by michaelr View Post

Edit: Looks like Chris types quicker than me !
    I like your description better

Cheers
    Chris
    74 D(very Special) >>Rejuvenation Thread<<
    08 C5 X7 HDi very Noir

"Déesse" Roland Barthes, 'Mythologies', 1957

The Déesse has all the characteristics of one of those objects fallen from another universe that fed the mania for novelty in the eighteenth century and a similar mania expressed by modern science fiction: the Déesse is first and foremost the new Nautilus.

(Umberto Eco [Ed], The History of Beauty, Rizzoli, NY, 2004)

Quote Originally Posted by GreenBlood View Post
    I like your description better

Cheers
    Chris
    I think I tend to be a little too verbose... your description did the job far more economically.

PS Welcome to Aussie Frogs darrenhendley! Hope this solves your problem... please tell us more about your car and the work you are doing.
    Michael
    Member, Citroen Car Club NSW

DS23 Pallas 5 sp. "Francoise" , BX19TRi Auto "Jacques Dutronc" , Teardrop Trailer "The Toad", BMW R65 "Rosamund"
    In the past: Renault 750, Dauphine, R4, R8, R10, Peugeot 504 Familiale, ID 19 (x2), Safari (x2)

Thread Information