Au secours ! C2 advice double urgent
  • Register
  • Help
    Fellow Frogger!

Default Au secours ! C2 advice double urgent

Hello People. I am more commonly found on the Pug forum : this is a 'crie de coeur' (just getting in to character) on my wife's 2008 Citroen C2 which has failed us miserably. For two full weeks 'Celia' has been either parked dead outside our house, or being code-scanned by a mechanic. We attended a funeral, which took us as far south as Bermagui. Coming back the car chucked the old 'pollution code' grievance around Ulladulla, was restarted; Made it on to Kiama Downs (half way towards Wollongong) then spat the dummy with horrible death-rattle 'idling' and a smell of metallic sulphurous pong.90 minutes later on a tilt tray to Hornsby for a 'negotiated- $400. Just for good measure, the car refused to disengage from 1st gear, making the job of hauling on to truck, just that more difficult. We dropped it at the mechanic, who came out next morning - it started and he drove it to our house. Fault code 'crank angle sensor showed, so I ordered one of those and waited for the mail. Fitted new crank angle sensor, still lots of cranking but no start (remember the car when cold had been starting and running with the old sensor, so I refitted that. This time still no starting - not a 'kick'. The battery warning light flashes continuously. I put the battery on charge today all day. Replaced 5pm but no change. The mechanic believes the problem is with the immobiliser through the). Janet reminds me that when the car was about 18 months old (late 2009) there was a factory recall for a ECM fault requiring the key to be reprogrammed. Sounds familiar. Can anyone offer any insight to get us back on the road ?

Advertisement

Ah remember when cars were simple!
    ie fuel or ignition!!
    '04 Megane
    Gone but not forgotten
    '71 16 TS, '72 16 TL, '74 15TS,'82 20TS Series 2, '85 25 GTX. '49 L15,

UFO

When cranking the engine over, is there an indicator on the dash showing a security error? Check your handbook.

Do you have a spare key? Have you tried that?
    Craig K
    2009 C5 HDi Exclusive

Bugger. I was worried about the springs squeaking on my DS-23 Pallas petrol cap and should I apply RP-7 or CRC. Thanks. I have some perspective back!

Fellow Frogger

If it won't crank, firstly check fuse F8 in the underbonnet fuse box. If you think it's an immobiliser fault, then you need to visit a dealer. It will probably work out to be less expensive than paying for a fishing expedition by someone who does not know the car very well.

maybe a new battery is required. Multiple faults generally have one source. On a modern car the battery condition, not just the charge level is critical.
    Mine

CX Prestige
    Toyota Prius

In the family

Xantia SX

Fellow Frogger!

Default C2 'Security Error'

Thanks Craig. There are so many lights showing, that is bound to be just one.
    In the handbook, for all issues likely to be problematic, there is the recommendation "refer to a Citroen dealer" (regardless of where you happen to be 'shipwrecked') as in 'make your own arrangements'.
    Those Pommies and their Gallic conspirators ought to be dragged out and shot (responsible for turning out an unmerchantable piece of junk)
    Pardon the blasphemy, but I am starting to think those who choose to drive a modern Citroen are masochists, and really have themselves to blame (Dave and Janet included) My own is a 206 Gti 180, which has been fine so far (9 months light use).

Fellow Frogger!

Default C2 Battery

The battery seems fairly robust; when it was placed on the battery charger, it was still spinning the engine over just fine, More juice was simply an attempt to counter a few more 'gremlins' through 'ignorance over luck'.

Take it to Continentals and se what they say about it. Your not far.

Quote Originally Posted by 306cabmad View Post
    Thanks Craig. There are so many lights showing, that is bound to be just one.
    In the handbook, for all issues likely to be problematic, there is the recommendation "refer to a Citroen dealer" (regardless of where you happen to be 'shipwrecked') as in 'make your own arrangements'.
    Those Pommies and their Gallic conspirators ought to be dragged out and shot (responsible for turning out an unmerchantable piece of junk)
    Pardon the blasphemy, but I am starting to think those who choose to drive a modern Citroen are masochists, and really have themselves to blame (Dave and Janet included) My own is a 206 Gti 180, which has been fine so far (9 months light use).
    Sorry to hear you have problems.
    I think your wrong, the car is not conspiring against your wish for an easy life.

I have a 06 C2VTR - never a problem. Almost daily driver. 70+K kms.
    It gets serviced and regular down-loads/up-loads from the principal Citroen dealer generally once a year.
    This is maybe not what you want to hear - but take it to the dealer for a Citroen diagnosis.

PS: I was getting odd 'phantom faults' when the battery was failing - even with a health check of the failing battery showing it was "ok". New batter = no problems.
    CITROEN CAR CLUB of NSW - MEMBER. www.citroencarclub.org.au. . .www.facebook.com/CCCNSW
    08FD DSPECIAL "Dear Prudence wont you come out to play?"
    00FF7512 DS23SAFARI "Pull up to my bumper Baby, in your long black limousine."
    C2MY06 C2VTR "Go speed racer, Go"
    YDO005 MORRIS MINI DELUXE "The Mini Deluxe floats on fluid too"

Thread Information