C5 suspension glitch !
  • Register
  • Help
    1000+ Posts

Default C5 suspension glitch !

Hi,
    I took off in the C5 this morning, in a hurry, and thought "steel wheels or what". No springs . So I pulled over to check and could only see the back was very high. So I played with the height buttons but to little effect at the back. So I drove it slowly a bit and pressed some more. It seemed to correct itself and off I spead to my appointment.

When I started again it looked a bit high at the back again but corrected as I started the motor. Seemed ok then driving home. What the hell is likely to be the problem. No error messages that I noticed on the screen.

It was a very wet night but so what ! Any suggestions and can I expect some more problems. I would have thought if it did not respond to signals or was not in the correct position, there would be error messages sent.

jaahn

Advertisement

Fellow Frogger!

Default c5 suspension

Hi Jaahn, take a look at 11feb post page 2.
    Tony

UFO

Jaahn, can I suggest you do like others and edit your signature file to include the model of your C5? It makes it much easier for others to offer advice on the car as the evolution of C5s is now 10 years and three series down the track.
    Craig K
    2009 C5 HDi Exclusive

1000+ Posts

Default !!

Hi,
    I stand chastised. My C5 is a 2001, 4cyl petrol model. Very old now.

I did read the previous thread on the C5 suspension problems. However I did not see the direct connection.

I guess the surprise to me was the fact that it did not seem to respond to the commands or send an error message.

Jaahn

1000+ Posts

Default Problem fixed !

Hi,
    Well the next day it certainly showed it would get worse. Stayed full up then came down after some button pressig then back to up when you thought it was fixed.

So I backed it up on ramps and had a fiddle and a look. Nothing obvious wrong. However it came straight back to normal when I turned on the ignition. So I disconnected the battery and removed the two connector at the rear height corrector and the valve unit. Sprayed some WD and pushed the connectors on and off a couple of times. Seems to be OK now.

Used it to shift a few things with a trailer yesterday and no problems. I also cleared away some mystery codes. Sensor failure ? Pollution fault ? These cars generate some faults unknown to anyone else The software is sh-t.
    Jaahn

Thread Information