2010 C5 suspension
  • Register
  • Help

Default 2010 C5 suspension

I visited a friend who bought his C5 when I did, at the weekend. We thought we would show our other mates who were there how the Citroen suspension worked. I set mine in the low position, he in the high. We left them like that overnight. On leaving in the morning I set off, assuming the suspension would adjust to normal height automatically. I didn't. Warnings came up and a service light came on. I turned back and called Citroen assist. They responded immediately. Whilst I waited for the technical expert I thought I would open the bonnet. As I opened it, the suspension motor started whirring and the car rose. I then got into the car and started it. Went through the height adjustments and it functioned fine. The technician then same on line and was very interested in the problem. Drove back home over 200km. all was ok.
    Just thought I relate this experience. Allan

Advertisement

sounds a bit like having to have the passenger door open on a Xantia to re-set the heights....
    CITROEN CAR CLUB of NSW - MEMBER. www.citroencarclub.org.au. . .www.facebook.com/CCCNSW
    08FD DSPECIAL "Dear Prudence wont you come out to play?"
    00FF7512 DS23SAFARI "Pull up to my bumper Baby, in your long black limousine."
    C2MY06 C2VTR "Go speed racer, Go"
    YDO005 MORRIS MINI DELUXE "The Mini Deluxe floats on fluid too"

TRT

Default cars and computers

I really think Ciroen should have a Ctrl-Alt-Del sequence to reset the system.

Fellow Frogger!

Default 2010 c5 suspension

Hi Allan, on my c5 the front end sinks as soon as i turn off the ignition, the rear end is quite high, my problem is if i park in a angle parking place and get to close to the curb the front end is resting on the concerete, however as soon as i unlock the drivers side door the suspension pump starts and the front end starts to rise but the rear appears to be much the same height ie higher than the front but settles down when driving on a level surface but the rear is just a bit higher than the front.
    Tony

Fellow Frogger

I don't think it's meant to sink rapidly when you stop. The pumps normally kick in for a moment when you open the door, but if the car has just been driven, it should have little to do.

Fellow Frogger!

Default C5 suspension

sounds like i may have a problem, the front end sinks especially when angle parking, the rear end is quite high, yes the pump works as soon as i open the drivers door.

Havent taken much notice, until now. I have now noticed there is a dip in the front when parking. Why? I don't know. I assume it is the " automatic" function of the suspension. I noticed a Range Rover at a service station a few years ago that "settled " when it pulled up. I assume it is a function of air/hydraulic suspension systems. Why not set the height to the next level up when parking?
    Wives who drive SUV's complain about getting in lower cars. To counter this I raise the suspension to its max and all is fine getting in and out.
    Allan

The suspension holds its height after parking in the higher levels. Do the older systems sink?
    Allan

Fellow Frogger

All C5's (and C6) have height control by way of an electo-hydraulic pump that lives in the RHF corner. It's meant to maintain a roughly constant height unless you tell it to change height. Under certain situations it will raise or lower itself, but it won't sink like an early Xantia/XM and earlier models. Later Xantia and XM have hydraulic anti-sink valves, but the C5 just kicks the electric pump in as required or opens electrovalves in the pump body. If it just sinks suddenly at one end, then you'd probably get that looked at.

I put mine up next to big blue stone kerbs. Driving off and forgetting this doesn't matter as it comes up to normal height as soon as I hit 40kmph. Once only I got stuck in a loop in Fitzroy where I couldn't tell from inside the car what it was doing. I got out and found that it was in the full low position. I couldn't make it come up to only normal height, so had to settle for up and wait till I hit 40kmph. I don't think there is an automatic rise to normal from the maximum low position as you are not meant to move much at all at that setting.

If I pull into a diagonal park before it has finished rising, it continues to rise after I get out with the engine off. I have not noticed any unrequested change of height when parking. If I just slide in with a few millmetres to spare over the kerb it stays there - long enough for me to lose my nerve and get back in and put it up.

Default computer reset

There are ways to reset the computer.
    Short memory can be erased by:
    1. Turning on the ignition (not starting the engine) for 15 seconds or so, then turning it off for 10 seconds. Starting the car then will be with a new blank memory. This applies mostly to the gearbox driving style.
    2. The same effect can apparently be had when driving by quickly flooring the accellerator three times in quick succession.
    3. A mechanic can remove the long term memory using the electronic setting equip that they have.
    BruceK

Thread Information