I want a hug... I need a hug....
  • Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 4 1234 Last

Default I want a hug... I need a hug....

I want a hug... You, you, and you... and you over there... hey you, yes you with the patches on the jacket sleeves... yeppp... and you with the beard.... alll come on... g i v e m e a b i g h u g...

Advertisement

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/citroen-r...d=312965295334

dino

Icon12

Quote Originally Posted by dino View Post
    I want a hug... You, you, and you... and you over there... hey you, yes you with the patches on the jacket sleeves... yeppp... and you with the beard.... alll come on... g i v e m e a b i g h u g...

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/citroen-r...d=312965295334

dino
    What's the worst that could happen

We could start a 'New' coolest Euro thread

Congratulations!!

I guess you're going to move in, there's bed in the corner, cold beer in the fridge, should be a spare corduroy jacket in the wardrobe. Welcome to upsie downsie

Cheers
    Chris
    74 D(very Special) >>Rejuvenation Thread<<
    08 C5 X7 HDi very Noir

"Déesse" Roland Barthes, 'Mythologies', 1957

The Déesse has all the characteristics of one of those objects fallen from another universe that fed the mania for novelty in the eighteenth century and a similar mania expressed by modern science fiction: the Déesse is first and foremost the new Nautilus.

(Umberto Eco [Ed], The History of Beauty, Rizzoli, NY, 2004)

Fellow Frogger

Quote Originally Posted by GreenBlood View Post
    More plated fasteners than Shane's???

A few hundred out of pocket? If it's rotten it can always be onsold or just used as a learning experience.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenBlood View Post

We could start a 'New' coolest Euro thread

Congratulations!!

I guess you're going to move in, there's bed in the corner, cold beer in the fridge, should be a spare corduroy jacket in the wardrobe. Welcome to upsie downsie

Cheers
    Chris

you should have seen my wifes eyes when she saw it... priceless...

I can not wait to see it in the flesh...

dino

Quote Originally Posted by David S View Post
    More plated fasteners than Shane's???

A few hundred out of pocket? If it's rotten it can always be onsold or just used as a learning experience.

Plated fasteners... no... unfortunately not...

I still have no idea how I m going to approach the restoration... but one thing is for sure... I aint going to try and make her new again... Think I ll just preserve, clean, polish and repair... I kinda like what Donat
    said in the ebay thead:

Patina-wise, it looks great. I'd just hit it with a coat of clear and drive it like that.
    So I ll see... Gotta sit down with her (the car)... and have a chat with her... see how she feels about things...

dino

Real cars have hydraulics DoubleChevron's Avatar

Dino,

mate, why didn't you ask one of us to look at it for you It could be quite a reasonable car, if (that's a bloody huge if, but surprises can happen) the hull is ok.

I'm sure there is a 'D' person in the area that would have been happy to have a peak at it for you.

I guess the first thing is to see if you can spin that motor over .... diesel down the bores for a few days and rock it in gear. I wouldn't be surprised if it started up with some fresh fuel and ran (so long as it wasn't parked up with a dead motor). Drain the hydraulic tank, if it starts and runs, you don't want it trying to pump ancient sticky, stinky gummy brake fluid into the hydraulic system.

Remember, that car is brake fluid, DO NOT put any hydraulic oils in it ... only brake fluid for now.

seeya,
    Shane L.
    'Cit' homepage:
    Citroen Workshop
    Proper cars--
    '85 Series II CX2500 GTi Turbo I
    '63 ID19 http://www.aussiefrogs.com/forum/citro%EBn-forum/90325-best-project-car-you-have-ever-seen.html
    '72 DS21 ie 5spd pallas (last looked at ... about 15years ago)
    '78 GS1220 pallas
    '92 Range Rover Classic ... 5spd manual.

Yay ... No Slugomatics

Modern Junk:
    '07 Poogoe 407 HDi 6spd manual

Banned

So I ll see... Gotta sit down with her (the car)... and have a chat with her... see how she feels about things...
    dino

make sure you have a fresh stenographer's pad, and a sharp pencil.

Fellow Frogger

READ the sticky note on working on hydraulic Citroens before you do anything to it at all. If you get it running and it comes up OK, which is entirely possible, the height correctors and other parts of the system could still be quite suspect and it could drop without warning.

Quote Originally Posted by DoubleChevron View Post
    Dino,

mate, why didn't you ask one of us to look at it for you It could be quite a reasonable car, if (that's a bloody huge if, but surprises can happen) the hull is ok.

I'm sure there is a 'D' person in the area that would have been happy to have a peak at it for you.

I guess the first thing is to see if you can spin that motor over .... diesel down the bores for a few days and rock it in gear. I wouldn't be surprised if it started up with some fresh fuel and ran (so long as it wasn't parked up with a dead motor). Drain the hydraulic tank, if it starts and runs, you don't want it trying to pump ancient sticky, stinky gummy brake fluid into the hydraulic system.

Remember, that car is brake fluid, DO NOT put any hydraulic oils in it ... only brake fluid for now.

seeya,
    Shane L.

Shane... it all happened so fast... Even I didnt have the time to look at it... but its a small sum of money... honestly, whats a good steering wheel worth??... I m not to worried... and although I knew help was at hand... I didnt want to impose... and its an awful responsibility to burden one with...
    Thank you for your advice and look forwards to talking "D"... with you and others....
    Re: brake fluid... thank you... I will get the car moved in the next few days or following weekend.. and will make an assessment of situation at hand... will report back and may start a dedicated thread... all advice will be taken on board... and is appreciated... I m new to these cars and it will be a steep learning curve... certainly do not want to do any unnecessary damage...

dino

Quote Originally Posted by alexander View Post
    make sure you have a fresh stenographer's pad, and a sharp pencil.
    check...

READ the sticky note on working on hydraulic Citroens before you do anything to it at all. If you get it running and it comes up OK, which is entirely possible, the height correctors and other parts of the system could still be quite suspect and it could drop without warning.

will do... thank you.

I have a good feeling about this car...

dino

check...

will do... thank you.

I have a good feeling about this car...

dino
    Congratulations! I had a second nose ID just like that in the early seventies and I still miss it. Fantastic car. I hope you can get it running again, it looks like a truly worthwhile project.
    Michael
    Member, Citroen Car Club NSW

DS23 Pallas 5 sp. "Francoise" , BX19TRi Auto "Jacques Dutronc" , Teardrop Trailer "The Toad", BMW R65 "Rosamund"
    In the past: Renault 750, Dauphine, R4, R8, R10, Peugeot 504 Familiale, ID 19 (x2), Safari (x2)

somewhere! Pilbara, Bowen Basin, Melbourne?

I'm very dissapointed in you Dino, there was a RENAULT FLORIDE that came up in the for sale section this week and it would of cost less than this, and you went and got a Cit.
    John
    Александър Кристоф Шанел

Quote Originally Posted by michaelr View Post
    Congratulations! I had a second nose ID just like that in the early seventies and I still miss it. Fantastic car. I hope you can get it running again, it looks like a truly worthwhile project.
    thank you... I ll get her going... she ll be ok.

dino

Quote Originally Posted by 63-1092 View Post
    I'm very dissapointed in you Dino, there was a RENAULT FLORIDE that came up in the for sale section this week and it would of cost less than this, and you went and got a Cit.
    Look... I ve told you once... I like skodas... they are very cool... but it simply can not compete with this:

well... admittedly my car will never look like that... but the spirit is there...

dino

Look... I ve told you once... I like skodas... they are very cool... but it simply can not compete with this:

well... admittedly my car will never look like that... but the spirit is there...

dino
    Yes, you are right Dino, your ID will never look like that.

It might look like this though!

You have a "second nose" car
    Michael
    Member, Citroen Car Club NSW

DS23 Pallas 5 sp. "Francoise" , BX19TRi Auto "Jacques Dutronc" , Teardrop Trailer "The Toad", BMW R65 "Rosamund"
    In the past: Renault 750, Dauphine, R4, R8, R10, Peugeot 504 Familiale, ID 19 (x2), Safari (x2)

well... admittedly my car will never look like that... but the spirit is there... :approve

dino

Why not. Take it slowly, save up some dosh. You do not know where this will take you - that is the exciting part. Well done.
    Mine

CX Prestige
    Toyota Prius

In the family

Xantia SX

somewhere! Pilbara, Bowen Basin, Melbourne?

Look... I've told you once... I like skodas... they are very cool... but it simply can not compete with this:

dino
    Look mate, I even highlighted and spelt in capitals and you still get it wrong, I don't know all you wogs are the same to hard headed to knock any sense into them.

The only way it could compete would be if I brought over the nine inch grinder and we cut the roof off, then I would be impressed. I would even bow to you if you could pull that off.
    John
    Александър Кристоф Шанел

Fellow Frogger

dino

... but that's what the wife thinks you've bought, right???
    Rather a lot of polishing to do before it arrives home then!

Look mate, I even highlighted and spelt in capitals and you still get it wrong, I don't know all you wogs are the same to hard headed to knock any sense into them.

The only way it could compete would be if I brought over the nine inch grinder and we cut the roof off, then I would be impressed. I would even bow to you if you could pull that off.
    Dude... you ve seen the pics.... I dont think a 9 inch grinder is required... first time she hits 160mph the thing will just peel off by itself... ohhh did I say 160mph... no... no... I meant 16mph...
    ahhh its nothing liquid nails wont fix...

dino

... but that's what the wife thinks you've bought, right???
    Rather a lot of polishing to do before it arrives home then!
    looooookkkkkk.... I m going to play it this way...

I ll organise dinner at a fancy restaurant... and while she is being dined my brother and sis will sneak the car into the garage... easy...

dino

Quote Originally Posted by Greg C View Post
    Why not. Take it slowly, save up some dosh. You do not know where this will take you - that is the exciting part. Well done.
    Thank you...

That colour is "spectacular".... anybody know the colour code...

Rusty

Typical philistine approach from a non Citroen owner. Harumph, 9" grinder indeed.

The roof unbolts, dummy

Little wonder you took a number and not a name for identification, which line were you in at the time?

What's a Floride anyway, some form of personal bacterial infection? Isn't that the crap Mrs Marsh advocated for use on chalk, then applied to the teeth?
    Scurry back to the Renault forum.

It's certainly not the colour of the ID Dino bought. The gorgeous image used to show us here is...
    Vert Printemps

Here's a link.
    http://www.nuancierds.fr/AC%20505%20...0Printemps.htm

Hope this helps.
    Welcome to civility and style Dino.
    Last edited by richo; 5th February 2012 at 10:05 AM. Reason: attempts at amusement

Fellow Frogger

Quote Originally Posted by richo View Post
    Scurry back to the Renault forum.
    Yes, it is easier to stand with your head above water up in the shallow end of the pond!

Welcome to D ownership. We know you have style and class by your choice of which D to buy.

Step 1: download the factory manuals. Go to the manuals sticky at the top of this forum, in post 3 follow the link provided by richo to the classic citroen tech website, go to ds-red, then ID19 repair-parts, then download away. The manuals you need are 470, 471, 472, and maybe 498. I reckon you will love the illustrations.

An ID19 like yours is underpowered but goes all right once you wind it up. I have cruised for hours at 75 MPH or more in a 1963 ID19. Back then, Kiwi cops were more tolerant than these days.

Roger

Page 1 of 4 1234 Last

Thread Information