DS GH strips
  • Register
  • Help

Thread: DS GH strips

mnm

Default DS GH strips

Hi again...

remember the GH strips Santa brought me?? I stuck them on with some weak double tape today to see how they'll look... pretty good eh!! Well... I think so...look at the sig. pic below to compare.. thanks Santa!!

Matthew

Advertisement
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DS GH strips-100_0744.jpg   DS GH strips-100_0743.jpg  
    Last edited by mnm; 4th February 2012 at 11:36 PM.

Significan improvement.
    I've seen these once, on a car here in Australia.
    Brilliant, yet understated on a sedan, not as "brash" or outspoken as those fitted to the Pallas.
    Congratulations Matthew, you've shown your exemplorary taste once more.

Icon6

Quote Originally Posted by mnm View Post
    Hi again...

remember the GH strips Santa brought me?? I stuck them on with some weak double tape today to see how they'll look... pretty good eh!! Wel... I think so...look at the sig. pic below to compare.. thanks Santa!!

Matthew
    Very nice Matthew

I'm a big fan of the centre strips and have a set (Robri) ready to go on my D once it's painted.

They are easily damaged so take care, far more aesthetic than practical, but one of the few available period accessories that enhanced the lines of a D Special sedan IMO.

Cheers
    Chris
    74 D(very Special) >>Rejuvenation Thread<<
    08 C5 X7 HDi very Noir

"Déesse" Roland Barthes, 'Mythologies', 1957

The Déesse has all the characteristics of one of those objects fallen from another universe that fed the mania for novelty in the eighteenth century and a similar mania expressed by modern science fiction: the Déesse is first and foremost the new Nautilus.

(Umberto Eco [Ed], The History of Beauty, Rizzoli, NY, 2004)

They make the car look just that bit classier. Great look.

You don't realise just how much little things like this 'lift' the appearance. I can't wait to get the eleven strips I picked up off ebay some months back. They are for the CX but will replace the existing ones that are a bit tatty. Just hope they include the combinations I need.
    Current Cars
    Australia's 2016 C5 2.0HDi Last
    2011 C5 2.0HDi Comfort
    1973 Citroen D Super 5,
    1981 Citroen CX 2400 Pallas C-matic,
    1981 Citroen CX 2400ie Super Familiale C-matic - Raid Arctique 2014
    1991 Mazda E2200
    1924 Citroen 'la petit citron'

They look FAB and set the colour off beautifully.

mnm

Quote Originally Posted by Ronhic View Post

Yes I know! I was discuassing with Richo today the possible colour for the eventual respray.. I was going for a brighter hue of rouge..well, this week anyway... but as you say that little strip of bling on the side certainly adds a brighter dimension to the Bordeaux... hmmmmm.. ponder..ponder..

Matthew

Fellow Frogger

They work quite well with darker colours. Side strips tends to break the shape up and it gives the impression of being a little longer.

Where did you get these from again?

Thank God for my Hydroen harrisson_citroen's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by David S View Post
    They work quite well with darker colours. Side strips tends to break the shape up and it gives the impression of being a little longer.

Where did you get these from again?

Ahem, yes, where did you get them? How much was it...please.
    DS Un jour, DS toujours !

mnm

Quote Originally Posted by harrisson_citroen View Post
    Ahem, yes, where did you get them? How much was it...please.
    I picked these up off Ebay for a small fee.. The seller still has another set listed.. if my translation is correct though the rubber on one of the strips is cracked but otherwise in good condition. I can find the link if you're interested.

Matthew

mnm

Quote Originally Posted by Ronhic View Post
    Actually.. here's a pic I found of a car in rouge Corsaire?? maybe De Rio... with the same strips, although mounted above the crease line.. doesn't look nearly as good.

Matthew
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DS GH strips-4333003795_fc23d3c3d4_b.jpg  

Good work. Sometimes the smallest things make the biggest difference.

Icon11

Quote Originally Posted by mnm View Post
    Actually.. here's a pic I found of a car in rouge Corsaire?? maybe De Rio... with the same strips, although mounted above the crease line.. doesn't look nearly as good.

Matthew
    Beauty is in the eye - I definitely prefer the strips above the crease line - to each his own

Cheers
    Chris
    74 D(very Special) >>Rejuvenation Thread<<
    08 C5 X7 HDi very Noir

"Déesse" Roland Barthes, 'Mythologies', 1957

The Déesse has all the characteristics of one of those objects fallen from another universe that fed the mania for novelty in the eighteenth century and a similar mania expressed by modern science fiction: the Déesse is first and foremost the new Nautilus.

(Umberto Eco [Ed], The History of Beauty, Rizzoli, NY, 2004)

Quote Originally Posted by GreenBlood View Post
    Beauty is in the eye - I definitely prefer the strips above the crease line - to each his own

Cheers
    Chris
    The problem is that above the crease they end nowhere if you don't have the Pallas reflectors. It is a shame the US spec red car has the side reflectors mounted so high.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DS GH strips-rear-no-strip_1024x576.jpg   DS GH strips-rear-strip_1024x576.jpg  
    Michael
    Member, Citroen Car Club NSW

DS23 Pallas 5 sp. "Francoise" , BX19TRi Auto "Jacques Dutronc" , Teardrop Trailer "The Toad", BMW R65 "Rosamund"
    In the past: Renault 750, Dauphine, R4, R8, R10, Peugeot 504 Familiale, ID 19 (x2), Safari (x2)

Now go make me a sandwich Hotrodelectric's Avatar

I have to start by telling Matthew that yah, those strips do look good. It's almost like they lift the car up to the next level of trim. I would say Santa likes you and wants you happy

Quote Originally Posted by michaelr View Post
    The problem is that above the crease they end nowhere if you don't have the Pallas reflectors. It is a shame the US spec red car has the side reflectors mounted so high.
    True. The US side markers look sort of like a wart on an otherwise unblemished skin. I'm guessing Citroen crunched the numbers and decided it was easier to punch a hole in the fender and make up a new casting for the markers than make a side strip specifically for us.

Curious note: the side markers were just a reflector up to our '69.5 models. They only received a lamp from '70-'72, per our regs.
    The measure of your character isn't what you do when people are watching- it's what you do when they aren't watching.

Now go make me a sandwich Hotrodelectric's Avatar

Matthew, I just realized something- with the strips in that position on the doors (below the crease), carefully check to see if the doors will open fully without fouling the front fender or the front door. That would be a nasty problem to discover after you've got them permanantly installed.
    The measure of your character isn't what you do when people are watching- it's what you do when they aren't watching.

Fellow Frogger! Bruce Llewellyn's Avatar

Default GH strips

Ahh,

So thats' what they are! Just happen to have a set of these courtesy of the floorless '70 D Super... It was dark green and the strips did look good on it.

Bruce.

Thread Information