Faith Restored
  • Register
  • Help

Thread: Faith Restored

Fellow Frogger!

Default Faith Restored

We all know how easy it is to travel faster than we should, especially in a high geared C5 but driving home yesterday on a well known stretch of road, came to the end of 80k zone and into 60 k, boy in blue with zippy gun flagged me down. He clocked me at 77Klm in the 60 zone. I had visions of having to sell the Cit to pay the fine but, he said this was a warning to slow down and Let ME Off. How often does that happen, never to me at any rate, in all my years of driving. My faith in humanity is fully restored.

Advertisement

Fellow Frogger

Could there be an election soon?

Icon3

Quote Originally Posted by shanadoo View Post
    We all know how easy it is to travel faster than we should, especially in a high geared C5 but driving home yesterday on a well known stretch of road, came to the end of 80k zone and into 60 k, boy in blue with zippy gun flagged me down. He clocked me at 77Klm in the 60 zone. I had visions of having to sell the Cit to pay the fine but, he said this was a warning to slow down and Let ME Off. How often does that happen, never to me at any rate, in all my years of driving. My faith in humanity is fully restored.
    That used to be common practice when pulled over by a real person (Police Officer) rather than getting a picture in the mail. You were very lucky, I thought police no longer had that discretion i.e. they are required by law to issue fines not warnings.

A couple of years back I was pulled over for using a T2 (4:00pm - 7:00pm) it was about 8 minutes past 4 according to the Officer, I was still booked, dumb, dumb, dumb. There was not another vehicle in either lane. A warning would have been far more effective in maintaining respect for the law IMO.

Cheers
    Chris
    74 D(very Special) >>Rejuvenation Thread<<
    08 C5 X7 HDi very Noir

"Déesse" Roland Barthes, 'Mythologies', 1957

The Déesse has all the characteristics of one of those objects fallen from another universe that fed the mania for novelty in the eighteenth century and a similar mania expressed by modern science fiction: the Déesse is first and foremost the new Nautilus.

(Umberto Eco [Ed], The History of Beauty, Rizzoli, NY, 2004)

Quote Originally Posted by shanadoo View Post
    My faith in humanity is fully restored.
    Are you going to slow down?

Roger

JBN

I am seeing more and more unmarked police vehicles (cars and 4WDs) in NSW. The only thing that gives them away is the red/blue flashing lights on the dash.

If I owned a Holden or Falcon (or anything other than a Citroen), I would consider getting (manufacturing) a set of those lights. Then when neccessary, switch them on and wave, mouthing "Onya" as you pass without any change to your speed.

John

Thread Information