C2 Legroom
  • Register
  • Help

Thread: C2 Legroom

Default C2 Legroom

My son wants a C2 however he is 6' 6" will he be able to drive it?

Advertisement
    Mark McKibbin

Fellow Frogger

Can he fold himself into a suitcase???

I know people a little over 6' who can fit in them in comfort, but the extra 6 inches may make it a bit tight, depending on where he is tall. He's not going to know if he can be comfortable unless he actually tries it and sees how the control placement works for him. I'm fairly sure there are 1/2 inch plastic spacers under the seats, so he may be able to remove them.

Fellow Frogger!

My son is 6' 10" and the only car he can drive with his legs under the steering wheel is a 207 wagon. All others, except a 504 (but that is too old for him), the seat squab doesn't go back far enough and he must wind (or lay back) the seat back so he is not too close to the steering wheel but his legs are then splayed either side of the steering wheel.
    FLASH

UFO

Of course he can't drive it. The car is French and therefore built to a proper measurement standard. We all know that imperial and metric don't mix.
    Craig K
    2009 C5 HDi Exclusive

Craig, you have not been paying attention in class again! David has already explained this in a previous lesson. Apparently the C2 is a "World Car" and so has mixed imperial/metric specifications..

Quote Originally Posted by David S View Post
    I'm fairly sure there are 1/2 inch plastic spacers under the seats, so he may be able to remove them.
    Michael
    Member, Citroen Car Club NSW

DS23 Pallas 5 sp. "Francoise" , BX19TRi Auto "Jacques Dutronc" , Teardrop Trailer "The Toad", BMW R65 "Rosamund"
    In the past: Renault 750, Dauphine, R4, R8, R10, Peugeot 504 Familiale, ID 19 (x2), Safari (x2)

I find the C3 a bit on the small side and i'm 6"2' - however you sit lower in the C2 and find it ok from the one I drove back in 2006!

Would be a good first car
    2005 Renault Clio 182 Cup

2011 Renault Megane 250 Cup Trophee - Sold

1997 Peugeot 406 2.0 Manual - On Loan

2004 Citroen C3 1.4 80th Anniversary (RIP)

Thanks Guys and Craig,

Son decided he didn't like the color of the C2 so has bought a C3 pluriel instead, with the doors shut nothing seems to be sticking out so all good.
    Mark McKibbin

UFO

Quote Originally Posted by STALLED View Post
    I find the C3 a bit on the small side and i'm 6"2' - however you sit lower in the C2 and find it ok from the one I drove back in 2006!

Would be a good first car
    What is this 6"2' thing you talk about young person?

Did they teach ye olde english at your school too?

How many cubits to the bushel or some such thing?
    Craig K
    2009 C5 HDi Exclusive

Fellow Frogger!

My son is 6' 10"

My apologies, let's just say he is something over 2 metres. It did worry me one day when he asked me what a mile was? You'd think today's educators would teach our kids something useful instead of the useless crap they serve up to them now.
    FLASH

Quote Originally Posted by UFO View Post

My odometer in my car reads in furlongs.
    2005 Renault Clio 182 Cup

2011 Renault Megane 250 Cup Trophee - Sold

1997 Peugeot 406 2.0 Manual - On Loan

2004 Citroen C3 1.4 80th Anniversary (RIP)

I am 6' 4" in the old measure and have removed the height adjust system, moved the anchoring bolts to the front holes, so I can put the seat that far back I can't reach he top of the wheel, but my 5' 4" wife can run the seat forward enough to drive comfortably.

I think the CX has the most adaptable driving position of any car I have owned, anyone who has driven it can get a comfortable position no matter what their size
    Mine

CX Prestige
    Toyota Prius

In the family

Xantia SX

Real cars have hydraulics DoubleChevron's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Greg C View Post
    I am 6' 4" in the old measure and have removed the height adjust system, moved the anchoring bolts to the front holes, so I can put the seat that far back I can't reach he top of the wheel, but my 5' 4" wife can run the seat forward enough to drive comfortably.

I think the CX has the most adaptable driving position of any car I have owned, anyone who has driven it can get a comfortable position no matter what their size
    Greg of course has a high roof prestige. Owners of "normal" CX's beware, especially if it has the early hoop type headlining that isn't recessed at all. Wagons are excellent for headroom though.

seeya
    Shane L.
    'Cit' homepage:
    Citroen Workshop
    Proper cars--
    '85 Series II CX2500 GTi Turbo I
    '63 ID19 http://www.aussiefrogs.com/forum/citro%EBn-forum/90325-best-project-car-you-have-ever-seen.html
    '72 DS21 ie 5spd pallas (last looked at ... about 15years ago)
    '78 GS1220 pallas
    '92 Range Rover Classic ... 5spd manual.

Yay ... No Slugomatics

Modern Junk:
    '07 Poogoe 407 HDi 6spd manual

Quote Originally Posted by UFO View Post

My recollection is that we went metric in 1971. That was 40 years and two generations ago.

I started logging drillholes in feet as a geology student and in metres in 1972 as a geologist and have been metric since then (earlier with Renault bolts of course).

In the 1980s, I well remember that house blocks in Brisbane were still measured in "perches" for God's sake (what's more, a perch (or a rod or pole) is a linear measure anyway, at 4 1/2 yards). Maybe it was a religious thing, recalling Q'ld politics then - I'd not thought of that before.

Only last week I was groaning in a hardware shop about all their threaded rod being BSF. British Standard Fine isn't it. We are in 2012. I despair sometimes. Perhaps I need medicine for it - .
    JohnW

Renault 4CV 1951
    Renault R8 1965
    Renault Scenic 2005 (wife's)
    Renault Scenic 2007 (mine)
    Renault Scenic 2006 (daughter's)
    CitroŽn CX Pallas 1980

National Co-ordinator, Renault 4CV Register of Australia

Fellow Frogger!

The boat/marine industry is still a mess with Imperial and metric threads abounding...which is a totally different issue when it comes to replacing like with like as the Chinese sourced stainless just isn't up to the job despite being labelled as 316 grade.

The V6 engine in my old VS Commodore had metric fasteners on all the external bits except for the waterpump housing....remembering its Buick origins no doubt.

UFO

Quote Originally Posted by JohnW View Post
    My recollection is that we went metric in 1971. That was 40 years and two generations ago.

I started logging drillholes in feet as a geology student and in metres in 1972 as a geologist and have been metric since then (earlier with Renault bolts of course).

In the 1980s, I well remember that house blocks in Brisbane were still measured in "perches" for God's sake (what's more, a perch (or a rod or pole) is a linear measure anyway, at 4 1/2 yards). Maybe it was a religious thing, recalling Q'ld politics then - I'd not thought of that before.

Only last week I was groaning in a hardware shop about all their threaded rod being BSF. British Standard Fine isn't it. We are in 2012. I despair sometimes. Perhaps I need medicine for it - .
    I remember as I was in kindergarten in 1971 we had just started to learn about measuring and what a ruler was. The next year after a Xmas time transfer of Dad from Mudgee to Newcastle I started at a new school and that year (1st class) we started to learn about measuring in more detail - well as much as 6 year olds can cope with. The teacher gave us all a ruler with the new metric measurements on it and it made sense and still does.

It makes me despair to hear teenagers talk in imperial measurements.

The only things I will pay attention to in imperial measurements are aircraft altitude and pipe organ pitches, although I am advised there is a book that is at the console of the Sydney Town Hall organ that gives all pitches from less than one foot right up to its massive 64 foot bottom C pipe in metric! That is quite silly.

Re Fritzelhund's post re Buick engines, my favourite tools are Craftsmen bought at Sears by a couple of CCC/Aussiefrogs friends when they visit the USA. Buying metric only tools and sets in the USA is easy and economical! Doing the same in Australia is near impossible.

Anyway, we have digressed a LONG way from Mark's post, but at least it keeps it alive.
    Craig K
    2009 C5 HDi Exclusive

Fellow Frogger!

metric was 72 wasn't it? (just looked it up, primary schools went metric 1972, secondary schools 1973).

I was in school too, I collected match box tops at the time and collected the entire set of "think Metric" Redheads matchbox labels.

My how times have changed - imagine a Government getting its message across to the public by having a series of educational / persuasive matchbox tops???

As far as I'm concerned, purely on the grounds of tradition, only babies and dicks can be measured in imperial, (pounds/ounces for one and inches for t'other) all other measures should be metric.

I'm a cook by profession, I despair at getting recipes with pounds and ounces, I rant when I get them at work, "how long have we been metric in this country..."
    Last edited by simca1100; 4th February 2012 at 12:55 AM. Reason: looked up dates to check

UFO

Quote Originally Posted by simca1100 View Post
    metric was 72 wasn't it? (just looked it up, primary schools went metric 1972, secondary schools 1973).
    Correct, which is why at the start of 1st class we were taught metric. That was 1972.

Besides, anyone on this forum who argues in favour of imperial measurements should change their brand loyalties.
    Craig K
    2009 C5 HDi Exclusive

IMHO the C2 is a far more exciting driving car than a C3.
    CITROEN CAR CLUB of NSW - MEMBER. www.citroencarclub.org.au. . .www.facebook.com/CCCNSW
    08FD DSPECIAL "Dear Prudence wont you come out to play?"
    00FF7512 DS23SAFARI "Pull up to my bumper Baby, in your long black limousine."
    C2MY06 C2VTR "Go speed racer, Go"
    YDO005 MORRIS MINI DELUXE "The Mini Deluxe floats on fluid too"

Thread Information