HELP! Best source of 1999 Xantia Wagon spares
  • Register
  • Help

Default HELP! Best source of 1999 Xantia Wagon spares

Wifey had a disagreement with a telegraph pole over the Xmas break and the insurance claim will be going in today. Spoke to the panel beater over the weekend and to fast track repairs he asked if I could assist in sourcing some parts.

so I need

Advertisement

One Right hand side Taillight

One Right hand Silver strip (not sure what to call that)

and possibly a rear bumper if a good one could be sourced, otherwise he said it could be repaired.

So would appreciate any local contacts, as I know this is a bit harder being a wagon
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails HELP! Best source of 1999 Xantia Wagon spares-picture-7.jpg   HELP! Best source of 1999 Xantia Wagon spares-picture-6.jpg  
    1980 CX2400
    2000 Xantia Wagon

Fellow Frogger

Is the kink in the guard near the wheelarch from the same bump? If so, I would think that's your major problem as damage like that can be expensive to fix and can result in the repair being judged to be uneconomic. The strip will most likely be a dealer order item. Have you tried Martin Bray or French Connection? Locally, Continental Cars might have a couple of those parts as used items, and, like any dealer, could order new items, assuming they remain available. Dapco may be able to get you a new tail lamp, but I think they tend to be more involved in the mechanicals. ASV may have a wreck or parts. If the bumper is repairable and the strip can be fitted later, you really only need the lamp assembly in a hurry.

Cheers David,
    yes the kink is from the same bump, It's not too bad, I took this pic to make it look worse than it is.
    The book price of the car will be worth the repairs, plus it's in such good condition so worth the effort.
    1980 CX2400
    2000 Xantia Wagon

Fellow Frogger!

Default xantia wagon

Stuart,

Give Tom Dolan a call at Citromet 9721 1889. At Yennora.

He has a few cars sitting there that may be for parts, and he has just done up a wagon that I drove recently. It too was damaged and needed body panels, and I am sure he would point you in the right direction.

A few of us use Schenks for panel work too btw. They have a long history of Citroen repairs and restorations and are reasonable. Located at Lidcombe.

Chris Mortimer

Thanks Chris and all. Seems I can get all parts from various locations...and am now lodging the claim....GO AF!!!!

and yes Schenks are fab, after 25 years of Cits I think they are great and passionate.....and honest!
    1980 CX2400
    2000 Xantia Wagon

Cheers all ....Xantia back on the road and prettier than ever
    1980 CX2400
    2000 Xantia Wagon

Thread Information