C3 issues
  • Register
  • Help

Thread: C3 issues

Default C3 issues

hi people
    just a quick question, just put the 07 C3 into McCarrolls for the 40K service, the car is in excellent condition the previous owner has had all the services up to date

purchased second hand with 36K

Advertisement

had pads replaced- warranty
    front rotors replaced -warranty
    keyless entry key new replaced- warranty
    fuses replaced - warranty
    damaged front michelin - warranty

after 6 months normal driving recently a diagnostic notice on the information panel advised warning warning "faulty g box" with audible alarm -uh ! to fix stopped car - restarted car and then drive, all OK but intermittent notice kept alerting us .
    to be safe got McCarrolls to check, been advised that faulty electro valves in gearbox.

summary
    40K service $650.00
    replace valves $950.00- apparently normal price $1050

does this make sense to be incurring these problems on such a new car with only 40K on the clock ?
    makes the 72 DS look really good, but this may be a but unfair !
    any similar experiences with this model by fellow AFers would be appreciated, partner is threatening to replace it with pulsar EEEEEK!
    how do i argue ?last 95 pulsar was sold with 225K in the clock no real dramas either during the ownership, but bit boring.
    the pulsar was replaced by a 1.4 ltr - 04 C3 no problems just that partner ran into a Q7 ,and came out safe but car not so lucky - totalled -it was a FAB car - the 07 1.6 ltr took its place.

am i being biased because it is a CIT ? and is she being practical because she thinks its S#@T

thanks

Ours is a 04 1.4 Auto with 38k on the clock (purchased with 33k) - no problems to report on, although some of the interior trim has become unstuck.

Some owners have experienced similar faults, others haven't...Same goes for any car these days!

I enjoy driving it, despite the 55kw engine mated to the AL4 to have the performance characteristics of a whale doing the steeplechase at the Olympics.
    2005 Renault Clio 182 Cup

2011 Renault Megane 250 Cup Trophee - Sold

1997 Peugeot 406 2.0 Manual - On Loan

2004 Citroen C3 1.4 80th Anniversary (RIP)

Icon3

Quote Originally Posted by lamoor View Post

after 6 months normal driving recently a diagnostic notice on the information panel advised warning warning "faulty g box" with audible alarm -uh ! to fix stopped car - restarted car and then drive, all OK but intermittent notice kept alerting us .
    to be safe got McCarrolls to check, been advised that faulty electro valves in gearbox.

summary
    40K service $650.00

thanks
    David may know if this (plus the additional valves available from same seller) would be correct for the C3 - may save a few dollars if you supply parts? You still need the software upgrade through your dealer.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/CITROEN-P...item3f12fc3eec

Cheers
    Chris
    74 D(very Special) >>Rejuvenation Thread<<
    08 C5 X7 HDi very Noir

"Déesse" Roland Barthes, 'Mythologies', 1957

The Déesse has all the characteristics of one of those objects fallen from another universe that fed the mania for novelty in the eighteenth century and a similar mania expressed by modern science fiction: the Déesse is first and foremost the new Nautilus.

(Umberto Eco [Ed], The History of Beauty, Rizzoli, NY, 2004)

Fellow Frogger

Quote Originally Posted by GreenBlood View Post
    David may know if this (plus the additional valves available from same seller) would be correct for the C3 - may save a few dollars if you supply parts? You still need the software upgrade through your dealer.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/CITROEN-P...item3f12fc3eec

Cheers
    Chris
    Looks like the correct part at a good price, but a dealer is likely to decline to use it if you front up with it. Other mechanics, who knows??? Sometimes you can replace just the one valve, but the software that was used with the original parts with the white connectors is not compatible with the later valves. You can't mix the white and black connector valves, so if it's an early car with the white connector parts still fitted, then you must replace both of them and ensure the software is correct. Not a DIY impossibility to physically change the electrovalve(s), but you also need to know how to set up the valve block linkage properly, reset the gearbox and oil counter (Proxia/Lexia) and check the oil level. It's a half a day job as the valve block is removed, so it would cost about $1K for the job as described.

Default C3 issues

wow i remember my younger days when i used to work on my citroens changed a noisy gearbox in a GS in a few hours tested it found out the the second hand box from "chevorn motors" was noisy as well removed it got another- re assembled it put it all back together and then went out to the disco that night.

no logic circuitry, no solenoid valves, white connectors black connectors, no software interface. what happened ? i thought plug and play was supposed to be efficient an cost saving, common gearboxes and all that !

i sound like a grumpy old man !

but i guess its the times we live in, so take it or leave it.

thanks people for the feedback. car will be ready at 17.00

Quote Originally Posted by lamoor View Post
    hi people
    just a quick question, just put the 07 C3 into McCarrolls for the 40K service, the car is in excellent condition the previous owner has had all the services up to date

purchased second hand with 36K

had pads replaced- warranty
    front rotors replaced -warranty
    keyless entry key new replaced- warranty
    fuses replaced - warranty
    damaged front michelin - warranty

summary
    40K service $650.00

does this make sense to be incurring these problems on such a new car with only 40K on the clock ?
    makes the 72 DS look really good, but this may be a but unfair !
    any similar experiences with this model by fellow AFers would be appreciated, partner is threatening to replace it with pulsar EEEEEK!
    how do i argue ?last 95 pulsar was sold with 225K in the clock no real dramas either during the ownership, but bit boring.
    the pulsar was replaced by a 1.4 ltr - 04 C3 no problems just that partner ran into a Q7 ,and came out safe but car not so lucky - totalled -it was a FAB car - the 07 1.6 ltr took its place.

am i being biased because it is a CIT ? and is she being practical because she thinks its S#@T

thanks
    Why wasn't the gearbox repair also a warranty item? By my standards the thing is brand new.
    JohnW

Renault 4CV 1951
    Renault R8 1965
    Renault Scenic 2005 (wife's)
    Renault Scenic 2007 (mine)
    Renault Scenic 2006 (daughter's)
    Citroën CX Pallas 1980

National Co-ordinator, Renault 4CV Register of Australia

Thread Information