GS Colour Code
  • Register
  • Help

Thread: GS Colour Code

Default GS Colour Code

I have a 1975 GS Club Sedan which is an Aqua Colour which in its day was a very common colour for the GS range, unfortunately the paint code ID tag has disappeared and I need the colour code for this particular colour. I have attached a photo. Can anyone help me? Regards John

Advertisement
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails GS Colour Code-img_2368.jpg  

For 1975
    Bleu Pťtrel
    AC 643
    for 1974
    Bleu lagune
    AC 639
    Cheers Gerry
    The second photo Bleu Lagune appears to be yours but is for 1974. Possible that your car is a 74 build but a 75 first registration. You need to check the chassis number!
    Paint dis is secured to the firewall behind to the left and above the LHM reservoir!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails GS Colour Code-ac643.jpg   GS Colour Code-ac639.jpg  
    Last edited by gerrypro; 23rd January 2012 at 01:04 PM.

Default GS Colour Code

Thanks Gerry for your prompt reply. My colour is definitely the same as the wagon on the left is this Blue Petrel? Knew where the paint ID tag was located but it is no longer there! Many Thanks Gerry
    Regards John

You may want to check your car's chassis number against those on the Australian Citroen GS/A register on www.citroenclubqld.org, as if it's the one I think it is it's paint code is registered there. If it isn't on the Register, I'd be pleased to accept the details.
    Bruce H

Now 99 Xantia SX x2; 96 Xantia SX; 76 GS Club Estate x2; 76 GS Club; 74 GS Club; 88 VW T3 Reimo
    Before: AX Gti; BX 19TRi Estate; CX 2200 Super & Pallas; CX2400 Pallas; CX 2400ie Prestige auto; DS3 DStyle; GS Pallas; GSA Club; Xantia Image Estate; Xantia Exclusive; Xsara VTR R4; 1.4 Special Estate; Virage; R16TS

Contact for the Australian Citroen GS GSA and Birotor Register http://australiancitroengsgsaandbiro...com/index.html

Default GS Colour Code

Hi Bruce
    Thank you for your message I tried unsuccessfully to access the GS Database as you suggested hopefully you maybe more successful if you wouldn't mind. The chassis number is GXBG40GB3002. Thanks Bruce look forward to hearing from you. Kind Regards John

Hi John
    Your car is listed as AC643 Blue Petrel on the Register.
    From what I recall, parts of, if not all panels of, this car have been resprayed in the past, so you may find it is or isn't going to be exactly AC643.
    Can anyone-else reading this thread please let me know if they also have trouble opening the Register? I know it has been loaded with excessive fields part way down the table, and I've yet to get on top of loading photos.
    Thanks
    Bruce
    Bruce H

Now 99 Xantia SX x2; 96 Xantia SX; 76 GS Club Estate x2; 76 GS Club; 74 GS Club; 88 VW T3 Reimo
    Before: AX Gti; BX 19TRi Estate; CX 2200 Super & Pallas; CX2400 Pallas; CX 2400ie Prestige auto; DS3 DStyle; GS Pallas; GSA Club; Xantia Image Estate; Xantia Exclusive; Xsara VTR R4; 1.4 Special Estate; Virage; R16TS

Contact for the Australian Citroen GS GSA and Birotor Register http://australiancitroengsgsaandbiro...com/index.html

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce H View Post
    Hi John
    Your car is listed as AC643 Blue Petrel on the Register.
    From what I recall, parts of, if not all panels of, this car have been resprayed in the past, so you may find it is or isn't going to be exactly AC643.
    Can anyone-else reading this thread please let me know if they also have trouble opening the Register? I know it has been loaded with excessive fields part way down the table, and I've yet to get on top of loading photos.
    Thanks
    Bruce
    Where are you stuck in the photo adding part?

Please add:

GS 1015 Club 1972 Manual
    Chassis: GXGA20GA4903
    Engine: 061205168
    Colour: AC 635 Bleu Camargue
    Reg: OBM-359

Complianced 7/72. Has the later door handles with a completely dotted hoodlining. Former owner Merville Mitchell from 1975-2012.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails GS Colour Code-72gsclub.jpg  
    1972 SM
    1989 BX 16 Valve

Hi Donat
    I haven't learnt the procedure / code required to upload, so thus far I am relying upon other club members to do the work.
    I've also got to resurrect the photo files I had or people sent me, as they need to be resized to a universal something much smaller than what I originally sent to our web gurus.
    Thanks for the details of the other blue car. I'll add them whenever I get the time (and the right programs / files on the right working computer) to get the rest of the Register updated.
    Cheers
    Bruce
    Bruce H

Default GS Colour Code

Hi Bruce Thank you for your help really appreciate it. Kind Regards John

Thread Information