New C4 Model names
  • Register
  • Help
    SMM

Default New C4 Model names

Lots has been said on this site about the new Citroen C4 - not all of it complementary, or based on fact or first hand experience.

What I find amusing is the collection of model names, Attraction, Seduction and Exclusive. Despite the longevity of the Exclusive nameplate (back to the XM?), I think it is out of place.

I think a better name, and in my experience, more likely to follow on from the other two is Rejection.

What do other Froggers think?

Advertisement

Fellow Frogger

Very droll ... , but it should be the middle range spec, for those who can't afford to have a Seduction.
    At least it lacks a Toyota Conquest.
    The Belmont model could be the Dejection, for those who can't even gain an Attraction.

UFO

I think the new names are a good ID probably thought up by some marketing DS.
    Craig K
    2009 C5 HDi Exclusive

Fellow Frogger!

Could be worse - they could change the model name to "C - quatre" as they call it in China !

Saw a couple of the new model C4s in the flesh out at Continentals. They look allright and better than the photos suggest but the styling is certainly not unique any more and without the Chevrons on the grill it just looks like a bunch of other cars out there in the market. Looking at my older C4 parked alongside I thought the styling was far better, certainly the rear and the tail light designs look a lot better. That's just my opinion anyway.

Glenn

Tadpole

I have just bought a C4 Seduction. I pick it up on Saturday. Can anyone give me some advice or tips on how it runs etc?

Petrol or diesel? The latter is more sensitive to a need for running with "low ash" motor oils.

BTW surely the correct designation following from "Attraction" and "Seduction" should be "Cigarette" ?

Thank God for my Hydroen harrisson_citroen's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SMM View Post
    Lots has been said on this site about the new Citroen C4 - not all of it complementary, or based on fact or first hand experience.

What I find amusing is the collection of model names, Attraction, Seduction and Exclusive. Despite the longevity of the Exclusive nameplate (back to the XM?), I think it is out of place.

I think a better name, and in my experience, more likely to follow on from the other two is Rejection.

What do other Froggers think?
    Howabout: "I can't get no...SATISFACTION?"
    DS Un jour, DS toujours !

mnm

Not as bad as the Renault (ef)"Fluence" ...

Matthew

Fellow Frogger

I expect the driving experience of the Seduction is best when listening to French classics, such as Je T'aime, which I understand comes on a complimentary CD. Do choose your passengers with care though.

Congratulations on the purchase. Do let us know how you find it. If you've bought a diesel model and it's your first diesel car, double check the bowser when filling it up. An easy and inconvenient mistake is to fill it with petrol just due to habit.

UFO

Mrs UFO and I have just driven 6,800 km in a leased C4 eHDi EGS in Europe. The car went very well and was quite comfortable to travel in. We have the previous model C4 here in Aus, and the new model is an improvement on the old.

I echo David's comments re ensuring you have double checked the fuel type you are putting in. If it is a diesel and you ever accidentally do put petrol in, DO NOT start it. Immediately seek professional assistance such as from your roadside service organisation or mechanic.

Welcome to the Citroen fold, and of course to Aussiefrogs.
    Craig K
    2009 C5 HDi Exclusive

Quote Originally Posted by addo View Post
    Petrol or diesel? The latter is more sensitive to a need for running with "low ash" motor oils.
    BTW surely the correct designation following from "Attraction" and "Seduction" should be "Cigarette" ?
    surely something else in between - Pťnťtration, perhaps?

Quote Originally Posted by David S View Post
    I expect the driving experience of the Seduction is best when listening to French classics, such as Je T'aime, which I understand comes on a complimentary CD. Do choose your passengers with care though.

Congratulations on the purchase. Do let us know how you find it. If you've bought a diesel model and it's your first diesel car, double check the bowser when filling it up. An easy and inconvenient mistake is to fill it with petrol just due to habit.
    Lol, when my wife picked our Picasso up Graham, Gulson of Gulson Citroen, repeated that warning probably a dozen times. Funnily enough I've almost put diesel in HER Colt the other day as I've been running diesel vans for work for a few years.

1000+ Posts

We have a diesel C4 2011 model arriving in the family tomorrow.....hope she will be happy with it ?
    jr20516v

Now:
    Exige SC [modded], 205 Si. 205 GTi , Megane R26 LY , Megane 225 [modded ]

Previous: Honda EP3 Supercharged , 205 x34 [ including MI16 TURBO, 8v TURBO, CTI, 16V+TB's, 8V+TB's,] Fiat X1-9 X3, Beta coupes x5, Lancia Gamma coupe, GTI-R, Corvette C4, Fiero x5, Alpine GTA turbo, r5 GTT Dimma, 2cv ripple nose, Lotus Elise, 205 Dimma TT, Cliosport 172.x2, Clio rs 200

Thread Information