DS queries
  • Register
  • Help

Thread: DS queries

Fellow Frogger!

Icon5 DS queries

Work on my 1970 DS21 creeps on slowly.

I need to repaint the headlight plastic housing. Can someone suggest the type of paint to use (I'm thinking of a spraypack) and the correct color?

My SEV Marchal distibutor has no vacuum advance. Is this normal for this model? I don't think I've ever had a car, French or otherwise, which did not have this feature.

Advertisement

Don
    Citroen DS21 Pallas 1970 Renault 16TS 1976 Renault 5TS 1981

Icon12

Quote Originally Posted by tresbon2 View Post

I need to repaint the headlight plastic housing. Can someone suggest the type of paint to use (I'm thinking of a spraypack) and the correct color?

My SEV Marchal distibutor has no vacuum advance. Is this normal for this model? I don't think I've ever had a car, French or otherwise, which did not have this feature.

Don
    Don,
    I think the accepted colour is Gris Rose, but like you I wanted to use a paint designed for plastic and for such a small area pressure pack. I'm very happy with the result, a nice satin finish that is hard to pick from the original unpainted plastic.

No vacuum advance on your distributor is correct....

Cheers
    Chris
    74 D(very Special) >>Rejuvenation Thread<<
    08 C5 X7 HDi very Noir

"Déesse" Roland Barthes, 'Mythologies', 1957

The Déesse has all the characteristics of one of those objects fallen from another universe that fed the mania for novelty in the eighteenth century and a similar mania expressed by modern science fiction: the Déesse is first and foremost the new Nautilus.

(Umberto Eco [Ed], The History of Beauty, Rizzoli, NY, 2004)

Quote Originally Posted by tresbon2 View Post

Don
    No vacuum advance on my DS 23 Pallas,with Ducellier distributor. There are many cars of the sixties and seventies,especially Italian cars such as the Alfa Romeo Giulia 105 cars,and the Fiat 124 cars that have no vacuum advance. On the Alfas,they have a Bosch distributor that has spring loaded centrifugal weights, under the points plate to provide advance. On the Fiats,they have a Magneti Marelli distributor that has the same set up as the Bosch units on Alfas. So a distributor without vacum advance is not uncommon
    1975 Citroen DS 23 Pallas

Thread Information